Hearts event in the Playhouse in the 80's?

Sherlock

Help required.

Can anyone remember going to the Playhouse for a Hearts-related night sometime in the eighties?

I?ve got a clear memory of being there but can?t remember what it was for. It was possibly as part of a player?s testimonial.

About the only part I can remember was everyone being seated then the first team being led out to their seats in the front row, the compare (whoever he was) commented to (I think) Walter Kidd that that was the fastest he?d moved all season.

Did this happen? What was it for and what did it entail?

Or am I talking Raphael?

Help required.

Can anyone remember going to the Playhouse for a Hearts-related night sometime in the eighties?

I?ve got a clear memory of being there but can?t remember what it was for. It was possibly as part of a player?s testimonial.

About the only part I can remember was everyone being seated then the first team being led out to their seats in the front row, the compare (whoever he was) commented to (I think) Walter Kidd that that was the fastest he?d moved all season.

Did this happen? What was it for and what did it entail?

Or am I talking Raphael?

I remember it, Walter Kidds Testimonial I think

I have never heard of it (only born in 1982 anyway). But there was an event in the Usher Hall, a rally of some kind, perhaps when we were in danger of going out of business. You?re not thinking of that are you?

I remember it, Walter Kidds Testimonial I think

Zico's testimonial! Make's sense that the compare was ripping the pish out of him.

Can you remember the year and what happened or who performed during the night?

I have never heard of it (only born in 1982 anyway). But there was an event in the Usher Hall, a rally of some kind, perhaps when we were in danger of going out of business. You?re not thinking of that are you?

Lou's memory of Zico's testimonial is ringing bells.

PresidentRomanov

I was there.

It was a Sunday night, and it was billed as a "Hearts Rally" :)

I remember Allan Stewart was top of the bill :eek:

I was there.

Can you remember the year?

Yes, it was the Hearts Rally. I was at it. Can't remember the exact year, but defo very late 80s or very early 90s.

Yes, it was the Hearts Rally. I was at it. Must have been about 1987 or so.

Can you remember anything about what or who was on the bill?

As i said, all i can remember is the players being led to their seats after everyone else had been seated.

Going off on a slight tangent, can anyone recall a Hearts play that was in the Kings?

Mustve been about 12 years ago now.

I was there, I got pished and had a great time.......but I cannie actually mind what it was all about!

PresidentRomanov

As i said, all i can remember is the players being led to their seats after everyone else had been seated.

I remember Alex Miller came on stage, and I threw a pint of lager at him :lol:

Not sure about the year, but it was before the pubs opened on a Sunday afternoon, as I was drinking in the hotels at Royal Terrace beforehand.

Going off on a slight tangent, can anyone recall a Hearts play that was in the Kings?

I was there, I got pished and had a great time.......but I cannie actually mind what it was all about!

I went to see it.

Unfortunately I was sober. What a complete and utter handful of sheeite it was.

You're the lucky one mate.

I remember Alex Miller came on stage, and I threw a pint of lager at him :lol:

Not sure about the year, but it was before the pubs opened on a Sunday afternoon, as I was drinking in the hotels at Royal Terrace beforehand.

I was too young to drink so it must have been pre-'88.

I can't even use the beer as an excuse for not remembering.

It was a play about the history of our famous club performed by a bunch of no mark thespians. I'm glad I was peshed!

the walter kidd thing was funny for alex miller getting shouted down twice and bob crampsie said about walter " many a lesser player has pulled on the dark blue of scotland" and some wag in the crown shouted "AYE? NAME ONE"

Not really. We were all melted having been drinking heavily in York Place from half twelve. :P

Hagar the Horrible

There was a play in the Traverse called Hearts V West Ham, which was very loosely based on the similarities and differences between Cockneys and Edin-burgers. It was more of a thespian wet dream ( I went as i thought the bird had a lisp?)

There was a play in the Traverse called Hearts V West Ham, which was very loosely based on the similarities and differences between Cockneys and Edin-burgers. It was more of a thespian wet dream ( I went as i thought the bird had a lisp?)

:laugh:

i remember that, we all got free pernod, two guys ripping the single fish out of each other

Can anyone remember the Hearts thing that was in the Kings in the late 90's all about the history of hearts ?????

It was absolutely Brill !!!!! ( The Guy who was the Barman in the Still game Xmas Special was in it )

It was a play about the history of our famous club performed by a bunch of no mark thespians. I'm glad I was peshed!

Sorry asked the same before saw yours...........yes it was in the late 90's think 98 we all had our scarfs and there was a lot of singing at the end

Can anyone remember the Hearts thing that was in the Kings in the late 90's all about the history of hearts ?????

It was absolutely Brill !!!!! ( The Guy who was the Barman in the Still game Xmas Special was in it )

It was called Hearts Hearts Glorious Hearts, it charted the beginnings of the club up to modern days

I was at the Walter Kidd night.Just remember people sitting on chairs in a line on the stage..:confused:

I was there.

i was there and allan stewart had a go at me(in fun) as i was near the front and got up to go to the toilet. when i came back he cracked a joke like 'WE ALL KNOW WHAT YOU'VE BEEN DOING. later that night i was in burger kings and they shut the doors so no one could come in and a rolls royce pulled up and allan stewart got out of the motor and tried to come in and it's thanks to me he managed to get a burger because i was the one who made them open the door. boy did i give him some stick for the way he had a go at me earlier.

walter's night was ok but as usual not enough jambo's turned up to salute a great hearts hero.

I've still got the programme somewhere.

I'll see if I can dig it out.

Sad as I am I still have the program. It was billed as the 'Annual Hearts Rally'Sunday 26th April (with the proceeds going to Walter Kidd's Testimonial Fund). It started at 6.45pm with music from the Newtongrange Colliery Band then Dougie Donnelly with the Intro to the night's festivities. These included a sports quiz featuring current Hearts Squad v Ex-Hearts , Bob Crampsey's quiz for the audience , a parade of ex-Hearts players then premier managers. It ended with the Hearts song by the Hearts players and staff. Strangely the Playhouse wasn't packed especially with the 'cabaret' provided

badly drawn boy

Year after we won the cup , sure the production company went bust after 20 years of business and they blamed Hearts supporters

They said something along the lines of given the amount of fans on the streets after winning the cup , we thought it would be a cert to bring in big numbers , its so Neil Pointon -Q pictures of unpaid actors

I thought ha -thats what happens when you mess with the Jts

The Usher Hall event was 1974 for 100years of the club. I was there but don't remember much.

Archived