Entire First Team Up For sale?? Absolute Rubbish according to Hearts (merged threads)

bigman

According to the Daily Express. Vlad has instructed Agents to find buyers for the entire first team squad. On Talk 107 this morning (quote from the express).

It is the Daily Express so probably a lot of c**p

Bigman

Guest GhostHunter

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/34247/Romanov-takes-hard-line-at-Hearts

Jesus Christ !

RUTHLESS Vladimir Romanov is ready to bin the over-paid and under-achieving flops who have wrecked Hearts’ season.

The controversial Tynecastle owner has instructed a number of influential agents to try and move his club’s top stars.

Romanov wants to introduce a more bonus-incentive scheme and is ready to offer big bonuses for every point, win and for their final league placing.

Express Sport understands that every single one of his first-team squad is available from club captain Christophe Berra to top earner Layrea Kingston.

Romanov has been unhappy with the Jambo’s dire displays this season and now he is ready to clear the decks.

The likes of Ibrahim Tall, Andrius Velicka, Jose Goncalves and Mauricio Pinilla will all be allowed to leave if clubs meet Romanov’s asking price.

The Lithuanian-based banker has grown increasingly frustrated at paying out a king’s ransom and getting very little back in return.

The Gorgie outfit have the third biggest wage bill in the league but they languish just three places above the relegation trap door.

Romanov is set to continue to pay top wages but wants the players to earn their money in more perf-rmance-related deals.

The new arrivals will now have to agree to a lower basic wage but will be rewarded handsomely for every point they pick up.

In some instances could double their money for a win, as Romanov bids to get back to the good old days of his first full season when Hearts split the Old Firm and made the Champions League.

The club are still actively seeking a new manager, with Gudjohn Thordarson and Radi Antic, just two of the names being considered to work along side Stevie Frail.

They are also looking to bring in more British players to the squad with Motherwell’s Ross McCormack and Aberdeen’s Barry Nicholson on their radar but they are likely to miss out on the former to the Premiership.

I doubt anything would be as drastic as the whole team, but some do deserve to get punted.

And whether the bonus idea is true or not - I rather like it

Guest GhostHunter

This is just incredible.

Going into a game against Gretna, with the entire 1st team been told - accept lower wages and increased bonus' by winning, or you're out the door.

Romanov has TOTALLY lost the plot this time.

We will be relegated now.

well we have all been saying half of the team should be shipped out after this season.

Seems Vlad has been listening....

Has anyone actually considered that the story might just be a pile of sheeite ?

Let's face it, its just as likely to be horsesh|t than it is to be true. It is the Express we're talking about here.

Guest GhostHunter
Has anyone actually considered that the story might just be a pile of sheeite ?

Let's face it, its just as likely to be horsesh|t than it is to be true. It is the Express we're talking about here.

I don't think it is mate.

What I hope above all else, is that the players actually know this already - and have not been told to report for a team meeting, say on Sunday for instance.....

Because if that is the case - I hate to think what's going to happen tomorrow.

:wavey: SPL

Could be a good thing. Players might get their finger out to a/earn a move and b/keep a place because they know they wouldn't get away with their ****e form at another club.

Regardless of if its the truth or not, what affect will this have on the current team ? will it **** them of and they just accept they are going to be punted and pick up their pay for rubbish performances that could see us closer to relegation, or will it make them buck their ideas up and do the job they are being highly paid to do.

Unfortunately this will only lead to the Kingtons, Velickas, Drivers, Jonssons, etc leaving the club. Meaning we are left with the Robbies, Mikos, Clums, etc.

We_are_the_Hearts

For once I agree with Vlad, the players need a good kick up the erchie. Our only QUALITY players are Tall, Kingston and Pinilla and they are always injured. This lot have been molly coddled by some for too long.

Its in the star as well...So must be true..That man is a complete d***.... I will buy Chesney and lock him away for my own use ;)

Unfortunately this will only lead to the Kingtons, Velickas, Drivers, Jonssons, etc leaving the club. Meaning we are left with the Robbies, Mikos, Clums, etc.

That's when the papers are once again talking ****e. They've probably decided that this includes velicka etc. I reckon it's more of a message to the extreme cases of under performing.

I don't think it is mate.

What I hope above all else, is that the players actually know this already - and have not been told to report for a team meeting, say on Sunday for instance.....

Because if that is the case - I hate to think what's going to happen tomorrow.

:wavey: SPL

But you have to ask the question "How did the Express get this info?"

Hearts are tighter than a gnat's chuff when it comes to the media so how did they manage to get it ? Unless they just made it up - which they've got previous for.

That said, I wouldn't put it past the mad old bassa.

Guest GhostHunter
For once I agree with Vlad, the players need a good kick up the erchie. Our only QUALITY players are Tall, Kingston and Pinilla and they are always injured. This lot have been molly coddled by some for too long.

Kind of agree - but the management of this is totally wrong.

You cannot come out and say it the way Romanov has - it does NOT instill anything into the mind of a footballer except resentment.

I'm willing to bet - that tomorrow turns into a farce and we get papped silly by Gretna's KIDS. (after all - they sold their entire first team in January)

Its in the star as well...So must be true..That man is a complete d***.... I will buy Chesney and lock him away for my own use ;)

The Star and the Express sport are exactly the same.

They're like the Record and the Sunday Mail. Sister papers.

If a player cannot keep himself motivated enough to beat bloody Gretna then they should be sold anyway.

We_are_the_Hearts
Kind of agree - but the management of this is totally wrong.

You cannot come out and say it the way Romanov has - it does NOT instill anything into the mind of a footballer except resentment.

I'm willing to bet - that tomorrow turns into a farce and we get papped silly by Gretna's KIDS. (after all - they sold their entire first team in January)

If they do then it kind of backs up what Romanov is saying. How many times have we had good results in the League only to be followed by poor ones. The players seem to buck up their ideas, get a couple of good results and then rest on their laurels. Maybe this will make them realsie they need to perform EVERY week or they are out the door!! Unfortunately most will hide behind the shambles that we are and keep performing incosistently. I'm not condoning the shambles we are in but still feel the players could do better and should have NO EXCUSES for not beating Gretna.

Guest GhostHunter

The last time he pulled this stunt was back round the Riccarton 3 was it not ?

Win the next game or get sold....

We went on to draw against Killie ?

The last time he pulled this stunt was back round the Riccarton 3 was it not ?

Win the next game or get sold....

We went on to draw against Killie ?

Dunfermline I think it was but we're just splitting hairs now.

Back on topic: What a mad old bugger he is eh ? :biggrin:

Couldnae care less about the bunch o scrap that have disgraced the Heart of Midlothian jersey this season, Vlad on this occasion is quite right.:1022:

Guest GhostHunter
Dunfermline I think it was but we're just splitting hairs now.

Back on topic: What a mad old bugger he is eh ? :biggrin:

Ach - Killie was the game before it ?

But, aye, back on topic..

What A Fud he is....

RUTHLESS Vladimir Romanov is ready to bin the over-paid and under-achieving flops who have wrecked Hearts? season.

The arrogant pr/ck should sack himself.

Broxburn_Jambo

If this is true then why would he wait until the transfer window closed to do it? This story smacks of media frustration at getting no information out of Hearts.

Express Sport understands

Whilst this is something that wouldn't suprise me, if true.

I'll wait until i read something a bit more concrete than the 'Express understands' before getting my G-string in a twist.

Not even a quote from a 'Tynecastle insider / source' etc.

Pfft.

In theory the bonus system pay sounds brilliant.But getting top players to agree to it is something different altogether.I mean imagine you have a striker who has played out of his skin and scored two goals only to be let down by a shocking defence that have conceded four.So the striker does his job but only get half his wages for that week.

What a lot of rubbish IMO.

IF it is true, then it is as clear as day that a lack of a manager is our problem. Look at the teams above us in the league, do they HONESTLY have better players than us? Would you swap, ALL of our squad for Falkirks? Would you swap ALL of our squad for ICT's? Would you swap ALL of our squad for Hibs'? Would you swap ALL of our squad for Aberdeen's? Would you swap ALL of our squad for Dundee United's?

I would answer no to all of that, the difference they all have is they are managed like a football club.

I remember not so long ago, the press were writing that C*lt!c were ten to fifteen years behind R@ng*rs, a change of manager and they won the league. The right manager and we would not be having this discussion.

This story smacks of media frustration at getting no information out of Hearts.

Or of barking Mad Vlad losing the plot again.

Whilst this is something that wouldn't suprise me, if true.

I'll wait until i read something a bit more concrete than the 'Express understands' before getting my G-string in a twist.

Not even a quote from a 'Tynecastle insider / source' etc.

Pfft.

If this is true then why would he wait until the transfer window closed to do it? This story smacks of media frustration at getting no information out of Hearts.

:fing25:

The boy's still a nutcase though.

A few points.

1. Wouldn't shed a tear if any player left.

2. Like the idea of performance related deals.

3. Timing is wrong as no-one can be sold till July, could work 2ways...players pick up performance to try and stay/attract a buyer or they go in the cream puff.

4. Has a 'manager in waiting' asked for the clear out?

5. If some players are not good enough to attract buyers, hopefully we will pay-off their contracts or release them or send them back to Kanaus.

The above is based on if the story is true.

I agree to a certain degree with Vlad on this one... my only misgiving is what it will do to the players for the rest of the season.

Mind you, Vlad's already done this with Burleys team! None left and they only managed to get to the top of the league with 8 unbeaten games!!!

Personally, if there's a shred of truth in the article, I think it's exagerated. We have got a few really good players that I hope will stay, but there is definitely a lot that don't make the grade and should have gone long ago.

The timing of this is dreadful but as has already been pointed out, we shouldn't be surprised going by previous seasons Vlad rants.

I do though agree with the concept of it.......IF......

IF there is a new manager in the pipeline then a blank canvas for him

IF we are aiming to bring in real quality and not 2nd rate eastern European players again.

IF there is going to be a basic wage worth coming to Tynie for, we don't want to go down the road of the Hobos

IF this ain't all newspaper Scheidt again!!

Hans von Luck

Has anyone ever taking the time to think that the new gaffer may actually not want half of the garbage currently in the first team squad.?

So he can bring in some of his own men next season.

Or am I just dreaming............

Has anyone ever taking the time to think that the new gaffer may actually not want half of the garbage currently in the first team squad.?

So he can bring in some of his own men next season.

Or am I just dreaming............

And why wouldn't Roberto Di Matteo want Miko and 28? He knows a player when he sees one :D

Typical HK - "Vlad, we should get rid of these players they are rubbish"

Vlad - "Ok, we will get rid of the players, they are rubbish"

HK - "argh! what is he doing?!?! He is getting rid of all our players, we hate him"

:confused::confused::confused:

You have to laugh.

The Mighty Thor

Wow. Hold the front pages.

Romanov looks for someone else to blame for Hearts **** poor performances for the last two years. Again.

We've had the diagnosis. We don't have the cure.

We've sacked Valdas. We've sacked Angel. We'll sack Sahggy.

Meanwhile the common denominator in our slide backwards is still there.

Where's our manager you roger hunt?

The performance related pay system worked under Wallace Mercer.

He introduced a system where the bonuses got bigger and bigger for each consecutive win. They went on an incredible run and almost won the league in 1986.

Provided the basic wage is no lower than Aberdeen or Motherwell pay then this could work big time.

Wouldn't disagree with the greater thrust of Vlads argument (if its true to begin with).

However, would prefer a manager to come in and make those kind of judgements, not him. I have no doubt that many players could be salvaged from the current wreckage (a la Bednar) by someone who knows how to manage players effectively.

So kind of reminds us - not that we'd forgotten - that ultimately it's what Vlad says that matters,and not any manager that he will/won't appoint. And that Frailanov will stand on the sidelines with his lips buttoned up for as long as he's here (could be indefinitely)

The story is also on the back and double inside back pages of the Star. There's no quotes there either although they have got an interview with Paul Hegarty discussing it.

Aren't the Star and the Express part of the same stable. Both are papers i wouldn't have thought would be the ones to break an exclusive like this.

Whinge..whinge! This is what half of you have wanted.

Constant barracking of the team,moaning about the team and selection,he shouldnt be there,he shouldnt play there etc.

WTF do you want?:confused:

Archived