Larry Kingston - Commemorative poppy jersey

Jack Alexander

can you tell us who won the last one, or was it a silent bid of sorts?

Sorry, the winning bidder has ticked the 'no publicity' box, so to speak....

I tried to bid using the email link but it bounced back with a failure notice saying it could'nt find MacRaes......

Anyone else...or is it me???.

portobellojambo1
I tried to bid using the email link but it bounced back with a failure notice saying it could'nt find MacRaes......

I have put in a bid for Kingston's shirt, but have no idea if my email was received, as the website has not been updated with the highest bid as yet. Haven't had anything to indicate my email never got there, but at this moment in time not sure,

I have put in a bid for Kingston's shirt, but have no idea if my email was received, as the website has not been updated with the highest bid as yet. Haven't had anything to indicate my email never got there, but at this moment in time not sure,

Sorry everyone, this isn't an automated system - it simply relies on little old me updating the website once I've had a chance to review all the incoming emails. Unfortunately a (very late) Christmas works night out prevented me from updating the site until about five minutes ago.

The current leading bidder has been notified by email. The current highest bid stands at ?500.

Could you send your bounced message to me via this address:

[email protected]

send me the bounced-back version, not the original, and I'll try to see what the problem was...

Thanks.

no worries, just i was talking to someone today who had bid and was wondering if he had won

Any winning bidders are notified by email - I try to do this within a half-hour or so of the auction closing. Thus far, I've also managed to notify any high bidders if/when their bid has been superceded.

badly drawn boy
Any winning bidders are notified by email - I try to do this within a half-hour or so of the auction closing. Thus far, I've also managed to notify any high bidders if/when their bid has been superceded.

Sgt i have bid , when is it the site updates ?

Sgt i have bid , when is it the site updates ?

'Should' update at 8:00 pm each day, was a little late tonight. Was that your bid I just rec'd, perchance?

badly drawn boy
'Should' update at 8:00 pm each day, was a little late tonight. Was that your bid I just rec'd, perchance?

Maybe rock was around an hour back

I cant afford to bid for one of the poppy jerseys but would love to have one .Is there any chance of replica ones being sold in the future?

• 2 weeks later...

I just would have thought the best thing would have been for the highest bid to be accepted? Regardless of how it was posted. Seems a real shame that the person who really wanted the shirt and bid highest misses out, and the funds raised are less than they could have been.

I will refer all the posters on this thread to my response on another thread:

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6127

Pointing out that the bid needs to be resubmitted via the email on the web site is NOT accepting the bid. I consider that was clear, but if it wasn't clear to you Towzer, then I apologise.

I never cease to be amazed at the attitude of some of our supporters: whilst getting the merest hint of a 'thank you' for time spent, or work done, is akin to asking them to sh|te the proverbial hedghog, a single minor inaccuracy (in some peoples eyes only) provokes anger and approbrium out of all proportion.

Events at Hearts over the last few years have created a long list of people who were prepared to dedicate time, money and resources for a greater cause who have been disillusioned by the reponse they have got from the very people they were trying to help, and who now just can't be bothered to put their head above the parapet any more.

I think I just joined that list.

I will refer all the posters on this thread to my response on another thread:

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6127

Pointing out that the bid needs to be resubmitted via the email on the web site is NOT accepting the bid. I consider that was clear, but if it wasn't clear to you Towzer, then I apologise.

I never cease to be amazed at the attitude of some of our supporters: whilst getting the merest hint of a 'thank you' for time spent, or work done, is akin to asking them to sh|te the proverbial hedghog, a single minor inaccuracy (in some peoples eyes only) provokes anger and approbrium out of all proportion.

Events at Hearts over the last few years have created a long list of people who were prepared to dedicate time, money and resources for a greater cause who have been disillusioned by the reponse they have got from the very people they were trying to help, and who now just can't be bothered to put their head above the parapet any more.

I think I just joined that list.

But as towzer says his email wouldnt work and it would appear from this thread he isnt alone

Surely given there is an issue with an email accepting his PM bid would have been appropiate

I mean what reason does he have to lie?

CompleteIdiot
But as towzer says his email wouldnt work and it would appear from this thread he isnt alone

Surely given there is an issue with an email accepting his PM bid would have been appropiate

I mean what reason does he have to lie?

The definition of a stirrer.

I'm sure Towzer has no reason to lie, and I have never suggested he was lying.

All I asked was to see the bounced email message (which could have been cut and pasted into a PM) so that I could get to the bottom of any problem. We had almost a whole week to fix any technical issues, so we would have had plenty of time, had Towzer responded.

I could not accept a bid via any other medium: that was perfectly clear from the website, and I've already explained the reason why that was the case in the other thread.

I'm sure Towzer has no reason to lie, and I have never suggested he was lying.

All I asked was to see the bounced email message (which could have been cut and pasted into a PM) so that I could get to the bottom of any problem. We had almost a whole week to fix any technical issues, so we would have had plenty of time, had Towzer responded.

I could not accept a bid via any other medium: that was perfectly clear from the website, and I've already explained the reason why that was the case in the other thread.

It is clear that Towzer really wants one of these shirts, so how about the next auction for a player worn shirt being a shorter time frame, with Towzer getting the chance to place his bid of ?875 matching the previous bid for LKs shirt? If nobody tops it then the trust get a good offer, and Towzer gets the coveted jersey!

• Moderators
cheers primrose,but when posts start getting deleted on other threads,me smells hibs

As I explained in my PM to you the posts were deleted because they were off topic on that thread.

Archived