Zaliukas won't play this weekend

bighusref

My thoughts on Zaliukas aside, it would make no sense splitting up a brand new CB pairing that was needing match time together on the pitch for the next 3 games without Zaliukas.

Hopefully they do so well and the rest of the team does so well that this remains the case after his ban....

Drylaw Hearts
Good news. Usually there should be no need to change a winning team.

WooHoo. :mj_zivili::mj_zivili::mj_zivili::mj_zivili:

Excellent news. Well done Csaba.

No real point bringing him back in for 1 game when he is banned for the next 3.

Yep.

I agree. Good news.

But ... sorry to say this ... if Zal does indeed play on Saturday, then will we know "someone" has been interfering ?

I think that Zal is a better centre half than Eggert but I agree with this decision. The guy should be punished for his stupidity. Especially because it was in a crucial cup game.

I think that Zal is a better centre half than Eggert but I agree with this decision. The guy should be punished for his stupidity. Especially because it was in a crucial cup game.

Agreed.

Zaliukas is twice the centre half Eggert is, but his attitude is nowhere near as good.

loveofthegame

Well done Csaba. I wonder if this is going to be the excuse Csaba needed to drop Zali indefinitely. Could well be the end of his Hearts career(fingers crossed).

Interestingly he'd be the last of the Kaunas contingent to be removed from the starting 11. Full autonomy to the manager, whatever next... ! (Great news obviously)

Sensible decision by a proper manager.

Under past regimes Zaliukas would have been brought back in negating the blending period for Eggy and Kari.

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/-Hearts-boss-laying-down.4986695.jp

Good news IMO. Firstly, Laszlo is showing players that if they perform they will be selected, secondly, it keeps the useless Zaliukas out of our side.

100% pash from BANDERSON.

Zaliukas was red carded for violent conduct to missed Aberdeen match, his following 3 match ban for exceeding the points limit starts 2 weeks following the offence which is this coming Saturday meaning he misses St. Mirren, United and Motherwell. His first game back is Hibs away (much the same as was detailled on the Hearts website).

This clown at the EEN has made up a story about nothing and got slightly confused as when a Sunday sending off goes through the points barrier they can play 13 days later on the Saturday.

Even once he has served his suspension, it would be a good marker for other players if he were left on the bench to cool his heels, injuries prevailing. One of the more ludicrous managerial decisions last year (admittedly one among many) was allowing Stewart to regain his place after serving his suspension for his Tannadice tantrum, while Elliott was hung out to dry for his rash stupidity against Kilmarnock. It smacked of weak management.

zal is currently back in lithuania actually and to be honest i would have been very surprised if he had played.

100% pash from BANDERSON.

Zaliukas was red carded for violent conduct to missed Aberdeen match, his following 3 match ban for exceeding the points limit starts 2 weeks following the offence which is this coming Saturday meaning he misses St. Mirren, United and Motherwell. His first game back is Hibs away (much the same as was detailled on the Hearts website).

This clown at the EEN has made up a story about nothing and got slightly confused as when a Sunday sending off goes through the points barrier they can play 13 days later on the Saturday.

I was just thinking the same thing

Archived