Hearts handed warning from SFA

Susie-Jambo-66

By the STRICT letter of the law you are correct, however apart from the 2 Elliot reds, the rest were acknowledged by most media pundits as being harsh.

The BIG issue here is - would OF players be given a red card if they had been involved in these incidents?????:mad:

That is so true, and there lies the problem.

And let us not forget the yellow cards for celebrating goals, that so often many clubs, particulalry Celtic, get away with.

Pretty sure they have both said it in the past.

Frankly, it's an admission that should have made the stuff hit the fan in the media, but was completely ignored.

Referees admitting that they interpret the laws of the game differently for one match four matches a season? Crazy.

Why do some posters insist that it's usually our own fault?

I guess some posters would include me...

Bill, I agree with much of your post and it is clear to me that we do not get treated in a fair and consistent manner as other clubs week in week out.

However, there is much that we can do within our club to limit the damage and opportunity that we give to refs every week.

Pretty sure they have both said it in the past.

Frankly, it's an admission that should have made the stuff hit the fan in the media, but was completely ignored.

Referees admitting that they interpret the laws of the game differently for one match four matches a season? Crazy.

Refs do treat Rangers and Celtic differently. I recall hearing Willie Young on Radio Scotland saying you have to and that he did, referee Old Firm matches differently...

Why? The rules should be the same regardless of who is playing and when in a game an offence is committed.

After recent press comments about the incorrect bookings of Hearts players this news would be laughable if it were not so serious. In my 40+ years watching Hearts I have seen many bizarre (technically correct but nonethe less ludicrously harsh) bookings of Hearts players. A recent example:

Kingston for taking a free kick before the ref blew. I remember 4 Hearts players being booked when the referee claimed that he had not authorised 2 substitutions - 2 for leaving and 2 for entering the field of play without permission!

When any right minded person would consider that the GFA should act on the unfair penalising of Hearts players it instead issues a warning to the club about conduct and discipline. You couldn't make it up!

Archived