Phil Anderton Spills (merged threads)

Dr. Bapswent

Phil Anderton on BBC Scotland going to talk about life with VR.

Could be interesting.

It could be but somehow i doubt it will be. I think we will get the same regurgitated stories we have already been told.

They're going to show some of it on BBC news on BBC1 now (sports section). It'll be stuff we already know, but I trust his opinion more than most of the ex players.

Yeah, noticed that on the bbc2 preview, wonder what happened to the confidentiality pact.

These things usually have a timescale written into them.

Wow - a lot of stuff already hinted at but if what he says is true, and no reason to doubt him, then Vlad really did ****** it all up - how he (Vlad) and us, must wish now that he could turn the clock back and have kept Burley and Anderton.

Just reminds me just how much was thrown away when these two were forced oot the door.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/sol/newsid_7230000/newsid_7233400/7233485.stm?bw=bb&mp=wm&news=1&bbcws=1

All vlad is interested in is money. He doesn't give a shhh about football or hearts for that matter. Phil anderton has just backed that up.

See all this "same old ... " stuff ?

Yeah so you're bored with it.

But are you happy that is how the owner of HMFC acted, and the long-term effects so far ?

So it's all Miko's fault....

;)

Totally was miko he was on about! lol

sad sad stuff to hear." This player must be played on the wing and must play everyweek" so that he's in the spot light so they can sell him on.

i beleive that is romanovs game. get players on the cheap... and sell them on for a profit.

make money. make money. must get more money.

i hate you mr romanov.

Nowt will change, Frail is just doing what he is telt and I doubt anything will change , Romanov is in it for the dosh and we supporters will be paying for it , sorry lads but we are in the s**t

See all this "same old ... " stuff ?

Yeah so you're bored with it.

But are you happy that is how the owner of HMFC acted, and the long-term effects so far ?

Never said I was happy, but it's gone, it is boring get over it.

It is the same old stuff again but every time you hear it, it just reafirms to you that Hearts really are in the hands of a complete arsehole.

But Romanov hasn't gone.

I'm over 2005/06.

But I don't believe VR has changed or will change.

So I remain very unhappy.

... it just reafirms that Hearts really are in the hands of a complete arsehole.

It does indeed.

The use of words like "smear" and "blackmail" does not paint a pleasant picture.

Do I believe Anderton? Yes.

Yep, usual stuff being trotted out but the way he conducts himself in the interview reminds me that we lost a decent, intelligent, forward thinking and likeable bloke, who could have taken the club on leaps and bounds on many fronts.... cheers vlad!

Yep, usual stuff being trotted out but the way he conducts himself in the interview reminds me that we lost a decent, intelligent, forward thinking and impressionable bloke, who could have taken the club on leaps and bounds on many fronts.... cheers vlad!

He was already half way there mate.

Wonder who instigated this interview?

If you think about it, it comes at a time when we the fans want a manager and are not too far away from Season ticket renewal time.

I think it was a timely reminder to Romanov from "The Fans" that action is required Sounessed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, usual stuff being trotted out but the way he conducts himself in the interview reminds me that we lost a decent, intelligent, forward thinking and impressionable bloke, who could have taken the club on leaps and bounds on many fronts.... cheers vlad!

Impressionable ---> impressive ?

ToadKiller Dog

If the clubs making money is that not a good thing? he wont make any money if he continues to run it badly?.

What Anderson says is good to hear but nothing new but he certainly does not sound that bitter in fact he points to both good and bad.

Burley has moved on,Anderton seems by this wanting to move on ,Some people are still stuck in what could have been.

Will Romanov learn and change who knows ,nobody else has any allternative answer,but if Vlad wants to make any real money then he needs a decent team ran by football people,decent investment in youth(being done)and redevelopment(being done) .

The most important point to take from the Anderson story is that a well run hearts can go places.

I agree with that. but he's not the only one we've lost thanks to vlad.

burley, hartley, pressley, brellier, gordon, skacel... the list continues.. to this day.

ToadKiller Dog
Impressionable ---> impressive ?

Ali Russell was doing a no bad job under just as difficult situations hence why he was head hunted by the mega rich QPR owners.

romanov apologist

Blah Blah Vlad Sheep

Its not over - its happening now!

Its not boring when the club is being pi$$ed over by a meglomaniac

Its only boring if you dont care

Ever Hearts fan needs to listen to the BBC link

ToadKiller Dog
?9m for Gordon?

Are you saying this ?7m so far has went straight into vlads pockets and it wont show in the correct account for the club?,would that not be a criminal act better get onto the taxman.

Ever Hearts fan needs to listen to the BBC link

Why?

What does it tell me I haven't already heard?

Are you saying this ?7m so far has went straight into vlads pockets and it wont show in the correct account for the club?,would that not be a criminal act better get onto the taxman.

Eh?

ToadKiller Dog
Eh?

I am presuming from your initial post you are arguing the point that Romanov is making loads of money at hearts expense with is a theme running through the thread.Have i read it wrong?

I am presuming from your initial post you are arguing the point that Romanov is making loads of money at hearts expense with is a theme running through the thread.Have i read it wrong?

Maybe I made a fatal assumption that the post "Yeh Vlad is making hunners out of Hearts right enough." was sarcastic.

Certainly sounded it.

So I took the largest amount that has been made on the sale of a Hearts player since Vlad took charge, to illustrate that there is money coming into HMFC.

Oh ... and we, the paying fans, haven't seen any benefit from it.

Etc.

No .... actually ... Etc.

So I took the largest amount that has been made on the sale of a Hearts player since Vlad took charge, to illustrate that there is money coming into HMFC.

[/size]

Yes. No benefit whatsoever. Maybe his view is that all the sales money should go toward the new stand.

But on the playing side we have recalled Mole so we will be OK.

Money can still go through the books and not stay there. ?7m in, ?7m out, offset tax against losses, initial investment secured against land value and player assets, anything made on top goes against expenses along the way, but there is always a get out clause, he ain't stupid, he'll have had that set up from day 1, if not as part of the original business plan. If any dividends are due to the other shareholders (if these are paid) then as long as that is covered the rest of the cash he can do with as he wishes.

I agree with that. but he's not the only one we've lost thanks to vlad.

burley, hartley, pressley, brellier, gordon, skacel... the list continues.. to this day.

You can add to that list anyone that Vlad hasnt personally brought to the club, if still here wont be for long. Based on what he has brought in it certaily gives us hope for the future. NOT .

ToadKiller Dog

Etc.

I would agree in the short term,but record investment in youth ,and if the stand goes ahead etc then longer term maybe.

Breakin' Rocks

sad sad stuff to hear." This player must be played on the wing and must play everyweek" so that he's in the spot light so they can sell him on.

i beleive that is romanovs game. get players on the cheap... and sell them on for a profit.

make money. make money. must get more money.

i hate you mr romanov.

I agree apart from the hate bit. Success on the pitch for the team is very much secondary to his objective of bringing in players and giving them the stage to sell them on for a profit. Next door is a league that is awash with money and that is what it is all about for him.

Be in no doubt that if any of these youngsters that he has signed make an impression they will immediately be sold on.

VR has no interest in stability with the same manager and squad of players over a sustained period of time. This is borne out by his priority is to sell on players like Gordon, Bednar, Hartley and Skacel which he could have retained and challenged a weak 'Old Firm' and probably sold on for more. Alan Hutton sold on for ?8M imagine the price that HMFC could command for players that have broken the dominance of the 'Old Firm'.

He really is quite shortsighted or maybe badly advised, he could easily build a squad over two or three years which achieves success in our mediocre league and thereby enable him to sell on players for more money than he is at the moment whilst giving the club that he owns success. Sadly that is not on his agenda and he is nothing more than a glorified agent.

The only light at the end of the tunnel is that the majority of the HMFC support have now recognised the fact that his policy of playing a group of 'Trialists' masquerading as HMFC is no longer acceptable.

Despite the apologists on here unless he has a radical change in strategy he will get a real shock in the reduction in the number of Season Tickets for next year.

Football supporters in Scotland are a fickle lot. Time will tell.

I agree apart from the hate bit. Success on the pitch for the team is very much secondary to his objective of bringing in players and giving them the stage to sell them on for a profit. Next door is a league that is awash with money and that is what it is all about for him.

Be in no doubt that if any of these youngsters that he has signed make an impression they will immediately be sold on.

VR has no interest in stability with the same manager and squad of players over a sustained period of time. This is borne out by his priority is to sell on players like Gordon, Bednar, Hartley and Skacel which he could have retained and challenged a weak 'Old Firm' and probably sold on for more. Alan Hutton sold on for ?8M imagine the price that HMFC could command for players that have broken the dominance of the 'Old Firm'.

He really is quite shortsighted or maybe badly advised, he could easily build a squad over two or three years which achieves success in our mediocre league and thereby enable him to sell on players for more money than he is at the moment whilst giving the club that he owns success. Sadly that is not on his agenda and he is nothing more than a glorified agent.

The only light at the end of the tunnel is that the majority of the HMFC support have now recognised the fact that his policy of playing a group of 'Trialists' masquerading as HMFC is no longer acceptable.

Despite the apologists on here unless he has a radical change in strategy he will get a real shock in the reduction in the number of Season Tickets for next year.

I think the idea of putting players in the shop front window has turned out to be a disaster, unless they are there by merit. Phil's interview refers to efforts to shoehorn a winger into the Hearts team so that his fee could be boosted. I'm not aware of any offers for this player, despite all of that.

The players that were sold were on the back of their commitment (Gordon, Hartley), performances in our initial run (Skacel) or Burley/Hunt's eye for a player (Bednar). The wide knowledge of under appreciated Eastern European players hasn't produced much.

All players look better in a good team. Trying to chuck nobodies in to drum up a transfer fee for them has been pants.

Maybe that gives weight to the change of emphasis. Who knows.

As Phil Anderton said, there is still enormous potential at this club. Let's hope our owner starts boxing clever.

The only reason Lopez is there is to be Vlads hand picked hatchetman. In case anyone hasnt noticed all this uncertainty with team lineups ect players being shipped out for lack of loyalty and yes the misinformation kindly leaked at the proper time, all started with the notorious Lopez. That right now is what is wrong with the Hearts, and will continue to be as long as he is there.

Interesting take on things - however selling on players at a profit is no different to what any other club in this league does - even the Old Filth - though granted they do plough some of the money back into their squads again.

If as you say "Romanov is nothing more than a gloried agent" - why is he preparing to rebuild the main stand?

Hearts financial situation always meant that there would be a large element of selling players on at a large profit, hopefully allowing the financial situation to become better. Only time will tell if that strategy works.

As for the Anderton interview - raking over old coals again! Not like the BBC to pass up on a chance to slate Romanov and Hearts is it?

Kemptons feet

Blackmail?

Meddling with team selection.

Smear campains.

Sacking Burley.

Confirmed.

Dear dear Vlad, naughty boy. What a right mess you made of that.

Whats your next card?

Breakin' Rocks
The only reason Lopez is there is to be Vlads hand picked hatchetman. In case anyone hasnt noticed all this uncertainty with team lineups ect players being shipped out for lack of loyalty and yes the misinformation kindly leaked at the proper time, all started with the notorious Lopez. That right now is what is wrong with the Hearts, and will continue to be as long as he is there.

Lopez is VRs man who from your comments is working under VR direction so VR must surely be 'what is wrong with HMFC and will continue to be as long as he is there'.

I might be wrong but are you trying to imply that if Lopez is removed things will get better I don't think so. He is merely there to implement the strategy as directed by VR.

If I have misinterpreted your thoughts please let me know.

Only problem is that during Anderton's time surely Miko was only a squad player not a regular starter?

Maybe he meant Chesny who did play almost every week.

Interesting take on things - however selling on players at a profit is no different to what any other club in this league does - even the Old Filth - though granted they do plough some of the money back into their squads again.

If as you say "Romanov is nothing more than a gloried agent" - why is he preparing to rebuild the main stand?

Hearts financial situation always meant that there would be a large element of selling players on at a large profit, hopefully allowing the financial situation to become better. Only time will tell if that strategy works.

As for the Anderton interview - raking over old coals again! Not like the BBC to pass up on a chance to slate Romanov and Hearts is it?

We have always been a selling club except now we get decent money for our players. If Lopez is correct in his belief that we can repay the ground cost in say 20 years, it is likely that we will continue to sell players unless the stadium can attract a high profile sponsor or external investment.

What seems obscene to me is that Vlad agreed to shell out ?850,000 for Beslija. Football ability apart, it is such a strange decision considering he wanted what seems to be Miko, played in the same position every week. Bizarre.

Archived