Computer Backup?

jazzmaster

I have an external hard drive and would like to know how I can backup all my files to a folder on this from my normal computer.

Having recently mucked up my system I though it would be a good idea but have no idea how to do so.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Sheriff Fatman

If it is really important data, don't just back up to an external hard drive, use CDs or DVDs too and keep them seperate from your system (preferabley in another building, like your parents or siblings) in case of fire or theft.

I use Roxio Creator Home as it came with my system, but it does seem to be very effective and easy to use.

http://www.2brightsparks.com/syncback/sbse.html

I use this, incremental backup every night. Runs automatically, just leave the PC on overnight. Backs up to anything you want, NAS drive, external drive, FTP etc

(I use it for work though so losing the stuff on the computer would be a nightmare!)

Depends on how much stuff you have, you could back it up to a 4Gb flash drive if it wasn't large files such as video files etc :P

Another thing to consider - the storage in external drives is normally just a standard computer hard drive, the same kind as you will find in your PC.

Which means it is just as likely to pack up as the drive in your computer! :(

If you REALLY value the data, backup onto a mix of external drives, flash drives, DVD's (dual layer can hold 9Gb) etc etc. As above posts!

Archived