In defence of Craig Levein

Pants Shaton

If Craig Levein was brought in to take us back to our "first base" so to speak(that`s third spot)i`d take him and he`d certainly achieve it.

He definitely helped Hearts regain some pride and i also disagree all his teams were unattractive.

The team in the 5-1 drubbing of Hobos season was pretty decent to watch at times. Valois was excellent and De Vries scored some superb goals. Latterly in Levein`s reign we did get a bit more defensive and less fluent but he definitely put Hearts back at a decent level.

The thing is, we are all hoping for a season out of nothing like 2005-06, but i`m not sure if that`ll happen again. The relative success Levein had and the great progression Jefferies gave us was built up over a few seasons.

think Levein's very happy at Dundee United and seems to have a job there for life if he wants it. Not saying he'll never leave, but dont see it being any time soon.

winston churchill
Levein is in my memory as one of the best all round defenders I had the misfoirtune of watching Hibs try to get past, and as a manager his teams are always hard to beat.

But what's this chat about deserting you guys at Dundee in 1986?? I was 1 at the time, so you'll excuse the ignorance!!!

Cheers

stick the fishing rod up your hobo erkie.

Archived