Women/Girls Playing Football......

Leebo

A guy's opinion needed on this..... and Girls if they like...

I am playing 5's with a Bunch of Guy's tonight at The Pitz, Sighthill.

The guys have been slaggin' me all day saying that I shouldnt waste my time playing tonight 'cause i'm a girl and shouldn't be playing football at all.

Whats everyones opinion on this?

Should I play or Not? Show the guys that I can actually play football..[not being Bigheaded here but I am good] I played for Tynie Girls between the ageeees of 10-16.. I also play now and again with my mates, and they say I am pretty good.

Simple rule : watch but don't play

I love seeing women at the games but a women playing football is like Lenny Henry trying to do comedy! It just doesn't work

I P Knightley

I ended up leaving 10 minutes before the end.

As you might have worked out by the attitude shown by a few on this thread, that's exactly what some of them wanted you to do.

You needed to be a bit more like Zak Mayo* and stick it out just to show them that you've got it in you.

But, you have to give them credit for not acting towards you in a sexist, patronising manner and treating you just as one of them. If you'd stuck it out to the end you'd probably have found that they wanted you to join in the shirt-swapping.

Put the shin-guards on and give it another go.

* - soppy chick-flick reference in deference to you being of the fairer sex and all ;)

Just a wee up-date for all you guys/girls...

I did go and play last night :)

I ended up leaving 10 minutes vefore the end.

The guys for being totally unfair. 2 of the guys were clearly trying to Break my Legs and another 1 went and came pushing right into me and I went and hit my face of the Partition bit at at Pitches.

I mean christ guys.... It's flippin' FOOTBALL not RUGBY!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

:rofl:

Equal rights and all that. But only when it suits you.

I disagree!!

I would prefer to be treated like every other person on the pitch guy or girl.

Just a wee up-date for all you guys/girls...

I did go and play last night :)

I ended up leaving 10 minutes vefore the end.

The guys for being totally unfair. 2 of the guys were clearly trying to Break my Legs and another 1 went and came pushing right into me and I went and hit my face of the Partition bit at at Pitches.

I mean christ guys.... It's flippin' FOOTBALL not RUGBY!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

You got what you asked for...

I P Knightley

Shin-guards? Playing 5s? Not something men do... ;)

They used to against me. Big, hard men.

grrrrr! :rolleyes:

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Shin-guards? Playing 5s? Not something men do... ;)

Frowned upon indeed. Only a wimp of a bloke would wear them. How much damage can astroturf trainers do to the shins anyway?

:confused:

Frowned upon indeed. Only a wimp of a bloke would wear them. How much damage can astroturf trainers do to the shins anyway?

:confused:

A lot

But then your as likely to **** your knee or ankle

Shinguards are for proper football only

tommythejambo
Julie Fleeting lives on my street, she sometimes comes along to mini-kickers with her nephew who is buds with my three year old

She has awesome skills and physically could hold her own in the mans game IMHO-- she is hard as feck

Probably hold her own in good Sunday league or good Saturday amatuer. She does score alot of goals and that, but has anyone actaully seen how pitiful the goalies in womens football are?

Archived