Hibs look to sign Gretna reject

Guest JamboRobbo

Guest JamboRobbo

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/football/Hibs-boss-Mixu-eyes-double.3753520.jp

HIBS boss Mixu Paatelainen today revealed he's ready to continue strengthening his squad even although the transfer window has shut, having taken Swedish midfielder Martin Mutumba and freed Gretna defender Martin Canning on trial.........................

Apologies if already posted but it was the first I'd heard of it and couldnae stop laughin when I read it.

Things may be bad at HMFC, but at least we aren't signing Gretna rejects yet.......

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/football/Hibs-boss-Mixu-eyes-double.3753520.jp

Apologies if already posted but it was the first I'd heard of it and couldnae stop laughin when I read it.

Things may be bad at HMFC, but at least we aren't signing Gretna rejects yet.......

Come on JR WAKEY WAKEY:)

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4203

Guest JamboRobbo
And Hearts missed out on a Livi reject!!:nooo:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/livingston/7195238.stm

Try looking up the meaning of the word reject. In football terms, it's when a club free someone cause they dinnae want him any more.

Feel free to explain how Livi agreeing to sell Dorans to West Brom in the summer for 200k constitutes "rejection".

I don't usually bother to read stuff about hibs unless it's clear they are making tits of themselves again.

Ha ha.

Me too mate, me too.

:)

Try looking up the meaning of the word reject. In football terms, it's when a club free someone cause they dinnae want him any more.

Feel free to explain how Livi agreeing to sell Dorans to West Brom in the summer for 200k constitutes "rejection".

I think that's what is commonly known as 'Ownage'.

Hibs ****.

DuffJimmy1875

He was freed because he was a high earner and Gretna are financially rubber ducked right now. Im not saying he's a world beater by any stretch of the imagination, just that he wasn't papped out of Gretna for ability reasons.

He was freed because he was a high earner and Gretna are financially rubber ducked right now. Im not saying he's a world beater by any stretch of the imagination, just that he wasn't papped out of Gretna for ability reasons.

Have you seen how many games he's actually played for Gretna?

Guest JamboRobbo

right enough, it would probably have bankrupted Gretna to stretch to the 5 quid a week Hibs have offered him.

Guest JamboRobbo
That's more like it JR!

I can do the mindless hobo baiting as well as anyone mate. I just prefer not to waste too much time on it when there's more important stuff to discuss about our club.

My manager is friends with his family. It turns out he requested a move because the training at Gretna was 'A Joke'. He said they were giving trials to allsorts of polish blokes and they were bringing their families along and letting them play in bounce games etc. Apparently the set up was completely unproffessional and he asked to be released, he accepted termination of his contract with no compensation.

DuffJimmy1875
Have you seen how many games he's actually played for Gretna?

He was a regular during his first season there and spent the vast majority of the second season injured did he not??

I don't think a injury-related lack of appearances is a reason to have him marked down as a huddy just yet.

Guest JamboRobbo
He was a regular during his first season there and spent the vast majority of the second season injured did he not??

I don't think a injury-related lack of appearances is a reason to have him marked down as a huddy just yet.

You're right Jimmy.

He's great. Hibs should play him every week.

And Makalambay. He's great too. I hope he plays in goals for Hibs regularly for the next few years.

DuffJimmy1875
You're right Jimmy.

He's great. Hibs should play him every week.

And Makalambay. He's great too. I hope he plays in goals for Hibs regularly for the next few years.

Of course that's not the point I was making, not even close, but never mind about that........... :rolleyes:

And yes, with a decent bit of coaching, I think Makalamby has the potential to be a decent goalkeeper. He's got some of the basic necessities, but is still just 21 or so. Patience is required and with Jones and Hogg playing like freaking supermen in front of him (at the moment) I think he'l be one of the few JC signings to have much of a future at Hibs.

His ******-up at Tynecastle was relatively minor given some of the howlers that everyone's favourite Jambo, **** Malkowski unsed to treat us to!!!

Guest JamboRobbo

And yes, with a decent bit of coaching, I think Makalamby has the potential to be a decent goalkeeper. He's got some of the basic necessities, but is still just 21 or so. Patience is required and with Jones and Hogg playing like freaking supermen in front of him (at the moment) I think he'l be one of the few JC signings to have much of a future at Hibs.

His ******-up at Tynecastle was relatively minor given some of the howlers that everyone's favourite Jambo, **** Malkowski unsed to treat us to!!!

Agree entirely. Hibs should persever with Makalambay as he clearly has what it takes to be a Hibs keeper.

DuffJimmy1875
Agree entirely. Hibs should persever with Makalambay as he clearly has what it takes to be a Hibs keeper.

I'm glad we agree, although I have a INKLING you may just be taking the pash ;)

...And yes, with a decent bit of coaching, I think Makalamby has the potential to be a decent goalkeeper..

Talking of hibs goalkeeping coaching.... how is Agent Marshall these days?

I'm sure VR will be recalling him to TynieHQ soon.

My manager is friends with his family. It turns out he requested a move because the training at Gretna was 'A Joke'. He said they were giving trials to allsorts of polish blokes and they were bringing their families along and letting them play in bounce games etc. Apparently the set up was completely unproffessional and he asked to be released, he accepted termination of his contract with no compensation.

Sounds more suited to us by the sounds of things.

Without getting into a huge debate about it, Gretna reject isn't exactly accurate.

However, we've yet to sign any Argentinian 3rd division player because he threatened us with legal action so things ain't too bad yet.

Guest JamboRobbo
Without getting into a huge debate about it, Gretna reject isn't exactly accurate.

Of course not.

He just used to play for Gretna up until they freed him.

I'm sure he'll be a star if you manage to conclude a deal.

2 quid a week and 50p a goal was what I heard his other offer was, so perhaps there is a chance Hibs will be able to do a deal.

DuffJimmy1875
Talking of hibs goalkeeping coaching.... how is Agent Marshall these days?

I'm sure VR will be recalling him to TynieHQ soon.

Agent Marshall is a fecking prat. Feel free to recall him anytime - altho given that our contract with Agent Vlad is due up at the end of the season, having our double agent recall YOUR double agent could get a bit complicated :confused:

With Zibi and Simon Brown he was up against insurmountable odds, but both McNeill and Maka have ability in there somewhere. But my word it would appear he is not the man to get it out of them!!!

See - Stewart, Michael.

As for the Gretna lad, he's on trial. If he's not good enough he won't be signed up, cannae see the problem with that. :cool:

Presume you mean when he first moved across the city to you boys? I thought it was common knowledge he turned down a 2 year deal fi squareheid?

Agree with your second point though, mind you, if he does sign he might improve your derby record as we've never beaten the kants, except when it really counted:)

I thought it was common knowledge he wasn't wanted by sqaureheid and released before his contract expired for being a troublemaker - see gesturing own supporters and fighting with players.

When he first moved to us it was from Manchester Utd after being on loan to Hearts no?

As for the second point, haha - get him signed up then. :)

PS - Rocky, can you find out where that boy Sergey on hibs net lives? He's one seriously scary dude and if he stays anywhere near me I'm moving.

He's a waco waiting to happen.

Sergey sounds russian, i'd take a guess he lives there or is a russian bride living down the shore! - & I'll ask my mate who posts there about him when we're up in ****dee the morrow. :cool:

loveofthegame

Right so he was a regular in Division 2?! That makes him a player right enough.

FWIW i dont think Hibs will actually sign him but its all gd for the banter

was reported in the Jan or Feb hibs wanted him to stay, he was then punted wi no deal signed and came to us, worse luck. Had a superb start to the season and done nowt for months now.

Obviously got the talent, and a good attitude but for some reason it just doesnae work.

I know that's not true. He was offered a new deal when JC first came in (Dec) and was thinking it over.

They fell out, the contract was removed and he didnt play for us for a few months before being shifted.

MS is a good player when he wants to play. I wouldnt be surprised if he ends up at WBA and does a Bednar to be honest. :cool:

Get in the clep for a pint, great boozer (pies are older than me though)

We usually go to the one top of the street with the home an away bits.

1230 ko so we're driving through and having a peave on the way! :)

Mind the incontinence pants for the journey. I recently suffered two excruciating trips to Motherwell and Hampden after a few bevvies - seriously painful.

Good Call :)

Archived