Zal to clean up his act

Cow

Guest JamboRobbo

Great idea - close the stable door after the donkey has bolted for the umpteenth time.

With a bit of luck, perhaps the donkey won't be able to get back in.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
*subliminal message*

"as soon as his ban is up, he'll be back in the team".

Correct.

Great stuff.

*subliminal message*

"as soon as his ban is up, he'll be back in the team".

I suppose it depends on what happens on the pitch during his 4 game ban.

I have read many times on here arguments about whether Zal is a good/bad/indifferent player.

For me we do not need to discuss these arguments further. Just get rid and quickly. He has demonstrated once again he simply does not have the temperament and I doubt if he has the commitment to the club either.

He was manhandled, of that there was no doubt, but the reaction was totally unnecessary and inexcusable.

Just think honestly , you are playing a game of football and some wee w**k jumps up and grabs you round the neck pulling you to the ground , how many of us would have given the aforementioned wee w**k a right good slap , I know I probably would have .

I'm not condoning Zal's reaction but what really got my wick on Saturday was the Falkirk player got off scot-free and got a free-kick :mad:

I actually can't believe Vlad doesn't sanction fines for player indiscipline, wouldn't this save a wee bit of cash and go towards paying the fines that are being brought on by the players in question??

Unbelievably leniant / generous in my opinion...

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Just think honestly , you are playing a game of football and some wee w**k jumps up and grabs you round the neck pulling you to the ground , how many of us would have given the aforementioned wee w**k a right good slap , I know I probably would have .

I'm not condoning Zal's reaction but what really got my wick on Saturday was the Falkirk player got off scot-free and got a free-kick :mad:

I probably would've reacted but then again I'm not a professional playing in Scotlands top league infront of 15,000 fans.

I actually can't believe Vlad doesn't sanction fines for player indiscipline, wouldn't this save a wee bit of cash and go towards paying the fines that are being brought on by the players in question??

Good point , in all honesty if the players were getting a sizeable fine from the club we would have practically no discipline problems in the first place , hit them where it hurts and they will learn fast.

Sorry, like many other I suspect, I really don't care a tuppenny about this clown cleaning up his act. We've had to suffer his continued indiscipline for the last three years and I've lost count of the number of times that he's let Hearts down. I really don't want to see him in maroon ever again and given the opportunity to bring further shame on this club.

.....says Shaba, about time.

And he is right to say what he says - though I do think Saturday's red is the only one he deserved.

leopard-spots-NO

he showed his instincts on Saturday (1) trying to obstruct the attacker rather than going for the ball (2) lashing out after he was fouled

Its just the way he is and it aint gonna change.

Not bothered if Zal cleans up his act or not, as long as he doesnt pull on the marroon of Hearts ever again. If Csaba plays him that proves we have no discipline code at our club

leopard-spots-NO

he showed his instincts on Saturday (1) trying to obstruct the attacker rather than going for the ball (2) lashing out after he was fouled

Its just the way he is and it aint gonna change.

That is what every defender in football does.

Jambof3tornado

Lets hope if someone from the reserves comes into Zals position that he makes him think twice about letting Zal right back into the team. Having said that if Kaunas will get a fee for him moving to Russia in the summer then I would imagine he will play as often as Vlad selects him/asks csaba to play him.

I'm pretty sure Csaba said much the same sorts of things when he first joined?

I'll be glad when he finally does something about it. :mw_rolleyes:

Good point , in all honesty if the players were getting a sizeable fine from the club we would have practically no discipline problems in the first place , hit them where it hurts and they will learn fast.

Yeah, agreed. Following on from my first post, I think the players who get more than one red card a season (Zal, Stewart, Wallace, Elliot, Miko) should have their fine doubled, trebled, etc etc until they get the message.

After Berra's departure, Zaliukas is the best centre-half at the club. Love it.

Kwailty:mad:

I don't care how good his footballing skills may be, or whether there is no replacement, or if Hearts would have to pay him off (surely his behaviour breaks some sort of contractual rule?). Just offload him now for the sake of what honour our club has left.

I wonder if he might now be sold to a Russian team before the end of our season.

Sold? For money?

:rofl:

He should return to Kaunas now.

If Zal is our best centre half he plays and the sooner he is back the better. We need all our best players playing so we can push on for Europe.

Sold? For money?

:rofl:

He should return to Kaunas now.

I was under the impression that a few weeks ago he was showing signs of maturing into a decent player; perhaps I misread the posts.:o

I was under the impression that a few weeks ago he was showing signs of maturing into a decent player; perhaps I misread the posts.:o

Trying my best to like the guy ( great in the air you have to say ) but for ruining almost 1 in 4 of my weekends - he's as reliable as the wifes period :laugh:

Without doubt a marked man and Wilkie / Tokely / diamond - et al ...........will be rubbing him up big time EVERY single game now.

Punt him to the Russian leagues ASAP

Now that we've lost Berra I think we have to keep onto Zal.

I don't condone his actions but I can understand his regular frustration in games.

Now that we've lost Berra I think we have to keep onto Zal.

I don't condone his actions but I can understand his regular frustration in games.

He's got to curtail his temper - that's twice that I can think of that he's had his marching orders for lifting his hands. Referees will be watch for him now (as if they weren't already) and other players will be looking to wind him up hoping for a reaction.

I was angry with him on Saturday because I think that his actions possibly cost us taking something out of the game- but not half as angry as I was with the three officials.

Whilst I am annoyed with him I can also sympathise.

He was clearly fouled by the Falkirk player. I watched as the striker had his arm around Zaliukas' neck. The foul was then given against Zal.

This type of decision is disgusting and has been happening regularly to Hearts players and also quite a bit towards Lithuanians players.

Double standards have been used this season that have went against Zal (imaginery booking springs to mind).

How much of this **** has he had to put up with this season? how much inconsistency does he see and how much does it rattle him?

Let's look at it from Zal's point of view before flying off the handle in a "MAD ZALZ OUT!" campaign.

Whilst I am annoyed with him I can also sympathise.

He was clearly fouled by the Falkirk player. I watched as the striker had his arm around Zaliukas' neck. The foul was then given against Zal.

This type of decision is disgusting and has been happening regularly to Hearts players and also quite a bit towards Lithuanians players.

Double standards have been used this season that have went against Zal (imaginery booking springs to mind).

How much of this **** has he had to put up with this season? how much inconsistency does he see and how much does it rattle him?

Let's look at it from Zal's point of view before flying off the handle in a "MAD ZALZ OUT!" campaign.

Spot on . I think Zal has serious concentration issues , if he could sort that out he would be a player .

Zal does probably need a clip round the lug for certain things but lets look at the 3 sending offs-

Aberdeen- Miller clearly seen moving his head towards him first and only reacts like any other human would. If he was quick enough and fell to the ground feigning injury he would have been labelled a cheat- no win situation.

Celtic- Not exactly a dirty act. Caught out and just panicked into a challenge.

Falkirk- no excuse. He`d got the free kick and lost the plot in an instant.

Archived