Anyone crying down The Jam is full of Tom Kite*

Good at the time sounds which can be forgotten now would include -

Japan

FRRRRRR (Doot Doot)

Bad Manners - everything

Specials - only Ghost Town

most Madness, My Girl still all time classic

*Alberit not listened since the first time around

i'm not crying down the jam. Just when i hear them know there's only about 5-6 songs that strongly stand-up. Are you telling me that 'That's Entertainment' is a good song?

i'm not crying down the jam. Just when i hear them know there's only about 5-6 songs that strongly stand-up. Are you telling me that 'That's Entertainment' is a good song?

There are at least 5 that "stand up" on All Mod Cons alone.

Narrative Arc
There are at least 5 that "stand up" on All Mod Cons alone.

Down in the Tube Station?? Na!!

I really liked the Longpigs, after their first (tremendous) album they kinda disappeared.

Similarly, the fantastic live Regular Fries were ace.

The Doors.Used to love the Doors.Some great stuff on tape and disc.Never listen to them now.Not 1 cd of them in my collection.Same with Stiff Little Fingers.:sad:

70's Throwback
I went to see the Guana Batz twice!! Same as you. What was i thinking about? K-TEL more like BRU-TEL

Of 'Rock This Town' fame aren't they?? I see where you're coming from :)

70's Throwback
Radiohead, hated almost everything they have done since OK computer

Think all their stuff is superb..although appreciate that post-Ok Computer may be an acquired taste!

70's Throwback
I really liked the Longpigs, after their first (tremendous) album they kinda disappeared.

Similarly, the fantastic live Regular Fries were ace.

Funny you should mention the Longpigs, I was looking through older stuff the other week and stumbled upon She Said cd single...cracking song.

four winds jambo
name a band that you used to like but, when you hear them now, they just don't do it.

For me it's The Jam...

When I saw the title of your thread I thought of..................The Jam. Loved them in the 70s and 80s but the stuff hasn't aged well. Saw Bruce & Rick in the Liquid Rooms last year and really enjoyed it, but it's just nostalgia.

four winds jambo
can comment on the small faces cos i really don't like them :eek:

Steve Marriott was a genius! When he left the Small Faces it took Rod Stewart AND Ronnie Wood to replace him

Was inro the chili peppers when I was younger. Got my first album mothers milk in 1989. Loved them big time but after Californication in 1999 they got far too mainstream and forgot their punk funk roots. They are now worshipped by silly 14 year old girls and boys.....

I think we need to differentiate between bands you used to love and then they split up, like Adam and the Ants, who were amazing for five years, right the way from Dirk Wears White Sox to Strip and...

Bands that used to be good but then got dreadful. Oasis would be the classic example, but I understand people saying Radiohead, although I quite liked Kid A and Hail to the Thief (although Amnesiac took it too far for me). REM fall right into this category for me. I loved them through the late 80's and early 90's, saw them at the Playhouse in '89, still the best gig I have ever seen, but I hated Everybody Hurts, for being a maudlin whine and haven't enjoyed an REM since Automatic for the People.

There's another category of bands you used to like, but now just sound crap, they've aged really badly, Simple Minds are there for me, Ultravox, The Damned, Sigue Sigue Sputnik :eek:

Actually, I just remembered, I downloaded five Alan Parsons Project albums last week. Back in the 80's I thought Alan Parsons was a god in album making, now... not so much! Dated like prawn cocktails and fondues, Blue Nun and Babycham, Pacers, Spangles and deely boppers!

i honestly struggle to think of 6 Jam songs that still do it! The Bitterest Pill??

Can you honestly defend that!

Down in a tube station at midnight

Just who is the 5 o'clock hero

To be someone

Town called malice

Precious

The butterfly collector

Little boy soldiers

Beat surrender

Smithers-jones

9 off the top of my head.

I loved The Specials as a youngster, now despite having the albums they seldom bother my turntable. However from the same era I still listen to The Beat on a regular basis.

Tears of a clown, great cover version.

Archived