Mottys greatest lines....

Izzy

Hmmm, he's not got a lot of supporters on this website! But I think we can all agree, as an impartial commentator :confused:, he's certainly not one of the best!!

So, can anyone think of any classic lines Motty has delivered over the years during a football match? You know the thing, that pearl of wisdom that takes you from placid footie onlooker to raving homicidal maniac in one, slavering, sentance?

I've got one to get us strated:

Italia '90 World Cup, the one where Toto Schillaci (spelling?) was scoring goals for fun (golden boot winner).... or as Motty put it "...Italys answer to Steve Bull!"

Classic! :rofl:

the clip used to get played on baddiel and skinners world cup show all the time ... was when motty said the german right backs name which was Stephan ****z, and they just kept rewining it back and forward to when he said ****Z haha ..

quite a funny show although they took it too far when they released that song. about 5times ....

When Crotia were 3-2 up and he said:

"Free kick, please David Beckham, where are you? Please!!!"

10 yards over the bar :)

"And I suppose they [spurs] are nearer to being out of the FA cup now than any other time since the first half of this season, when they weren't ever in it anyway."

"The game is balanced in Arsenal's favour."

and who can forget...

"For those of you watching in black and white, Spurs are in the all yellow strip"

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

I absolutly despise Motson. Not because he's another pro England muppet (thats his own business) but because he is a really relly bad commentator. Last night he literally wet himself banging on about how fast the ball boys were getting the ball back on the pitch. 3 times in 5 minutes he mentioned it. When he asked or Mark Lawrensons opinion on the speed of the ball boys, Lawrenson just groaned and said yes. Utter rubbish

was it motty @ Euro 96 when England payed Holland and he shouts!!

seaman is all over de'******!

lol

class line!!

Dusk_Till_Dawn

It's a fact that Motson cannot get through a single England commentary without delivering a sentence containing the words 'world' and 'cup'. Last night, he kicked off with something along the lines of "England are all in red, which will remind many of us of the shirts they wore in the World Cup final in 1966". Seriously, does he never listen to himself and think 'it's about time I stopped banging on about that'?

I'M IBRAHIM TALL
It's a fact that Motson cannot get through a single England commentary without delivering a sentence containing the words 'world' and 'cup'. Last night, he kicked off with something along the lines of "England are all in red, which will remind many of us of the shirts they wore in the World Cup final in 1966". Seriously, does he never listen to himself and think 'it's about time I stopped banging on about that'?

Aye because if we had won the World Cup we would have had a good night out and then never mentioned it again;)

When Crotia were 3-2 up and he said:

"Free kick, please David Beckham, where are you? Please!!!"

10 yards over the bar :)

And towards the end of the same game..

"Mark Lawrenson, say something, help me out please"

Lawro (in squeeky, emotional voice) " Ah can't...."

:wavey:

Aye because if we had won the World Cup we would have had a good night out and then never mentioned it again;)

Not quite but would we start a commentary with "Scotland are in blue tops, reminiscent of when we won the world cup in 2010"

England must have worn red a few times since that day in 66!

I've got one to get us strated:

Italia '90 World Cup, the one where Toto Schillaci (spelling?) was scoring goals for fun (golden boot winner).... or as Motty put it "...Italys answer to Steve Bull!"

Classic! :rofl:

That was due to the fact that both players were slightly unfancied selections by the manager. Motty just plays to the home counties mob who really don't know their football so he relates everything to something they might know about.

I absolutly despise Motson. Not because he's another pro England muppet (thats his own business) but because he is a really relly bad commentator. Last night he literally wet himself banging on about how fast the ball boys were getting the ball back on the pitch. 3 times in 5 minutes he mentioned it. When he asked or Mark Lawrensons opinion on the speed of the ball boys, Lawrenson just groaned and said yes. Utter rubbish

Last night about the "Multi ball system" he said "obviously something that Capello has implemented..........maybe!!!!!"

the clip used to get played on baddiel and skinners world cup show all the time ... was when motty said the german right backs name which was Stephan ****z, and they just kept rewining it back and forward to when he said ****Z haha ..

quite a funny show although they took it too far when they released that song. about 5times ....

Was this not a Germany v Italy match?

Germany were just passing the ball around and motty would occasionally name check the players.

I belive the commentary went something like this.....

Motty: Klinsmann......(camera then pans to the crowds)

Motty: Ohhh look at the Italian crowd.......

Motty: ****z.

scottish_chicP
And towards the end of the same game..

"Mark Lawrenson, say something, help me out please"

Lawro (in squeeky, emotional voice) " Ah can't...."

:wavey:

That was brilliant

He is a member of that very select band of individuals who possibly have less understanding of football than Vladimir Romanov.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

'Motty' and 'Lawro' the worst combination EVER.

They make Archie McPherson seem like a footballing god.

Seriously, what the feck does Lawrenson contribute any time he does these games?

I can't recall him coming out with one piece of analysis or interesting facts. Ever.

He just sits there and makes ****ty jokes every now and again or snide remarks against the opposition.

God I hate him.

Seriously, what the feck does Lawrenson contribute any time he does these games?

I can't recall him coming out with one piece of analysis or interesting facts. Ever.

He just sits there and makes ****ty jokes every now and again or snide remarks against the opposition.

God I hate him.

Lawrenson last night,talking about the Swiss.

"I don't think they are a better team,I think they are better at playing the system."

..em..does that not make them a better team,ya nugget!

There was one point last night when Bentley brought down one of the Swiss players and at the same time got studs in his back.

Motty said at the time something like 'Bentley brought down badly there...' when it was clearly the other way about.

He then just stayed totally silent during the replay that showed how wrong he was.

He's the English version of Archie, although at least Motty knows the name of more then one player in the opposition team!

Mottys a hero in the commentating.

However... Its Alan *I wish I was English* Hansen who made me angry on Wednesday night.

How many times did he say *we* on Wednesday, I counted 5.

YOUR FROM SCOTLAND NOT ENGLAND!

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Mottys a hero in the commentating.

However... Its Alan *I wish I was English* Hansen who made me angry on Wednesday night.

How many times did he say *we* on Wednesday, I counted 5.

YOUR FROM SCOTLAND NOT ENGLAND!

Why is he a hero? :mad:

Why is he a hero? :mad:

Just with some of the one liners he comes out with.

And how he creams over England every minute... when they havent won a trophy since 1966!

DuffJimmy1875

God I hate him.

:4_1_72::icon14:

Absolutely agree - How no-one at the Beeb has twigged that everyone - bar none - outwith Motson and Lawrenson's immediate family (and possibly within even that) spends every England match on the verge of throwing the tv out of the window as a result of the incredible pish they spout is beyond me.

And to make it worse, that Lawro character and his tear inducingly bad commentary almost ruins PES 2008.

And that IS criminal!!!

Archived