Alot of time off at Uni...

tommythejambo

tommythejambo

Going to have a lot of time off at Uni over the next few weeks.

I'm struggling to get any extra shifts at work so that out thats out of the question.

Should also add I have very little studying to do.

So I really need something useful, fun or productive to do. Anyone got any ideas?

tommythejambo
How have you got time off already? We have only just gone back.

One of my lecturers only gives lectures every second week as we are aplit up into groups to do lab work and doesn't want some of us going to lectures before we do the labs...Or something like that. So that gets me every second Thursday, Friday and Monday off.

One of my lecturers only gives lectures every second week as we are aplit up into groups to do lab work and doesn't want some of us going to lectures before we do the labs...Or something like that. So that gets me every second Thursday, Friday and Monday off.

Jammy git. Although I can't really think of anything you could do except maybe bar/pub work.

Started back yesterday and had a three hour gap between a lecture and tutorial. Tunred up for the tutorial and no one there.

Had to go in at 1pm for an other tutorial (Different class) and they didn't turn up. And yet another three hour wait until the next lecture which lasted all of 25 minutes.

Raging.:mad:

tommythejambo
Jammy git. Although I can't really think of anything you could do except maybe bar/pub work.

Started back yesterday and had a three hour gap between a lecture and tutorial. Tunred up for the tutorial and no one there.

Had to go in at 1pm for an other tutorial (Different class) and they didn't turn up. And yet another three hour wait until the next lecture which lasted all of 25 minutes.

Raging.:mad:

Already work in a bar. Beggining to get sick of the sight of the place.

I sort of know the feeling mate, had a few 3 hours waits between lectures and tutorials. That's where the Union comes in handy :D

Already work in a bar. Beggining to get sick of the sight of the place.

I sort of know the feeling mate, had a few 3 hours waits between lectures and tutorials. That's where the Union comes in handy :D

Since I have to drive it then it doesn't for me.

But if I can scrounge lifts from someone then the Union may see some of my "well-earned" cash.

In about 10 or 15 years the likelihood is that you'll be in a long-term relationship, or married, with children. My advice therefore is just lie down and do nothing. Just enjoy it. Might sound a bit crap but trust me, the day will come when you won't have that as an option. Sooner than you think too.

Let me guess... the guys on this thread with lecturers not turning up, three hour waits between classes etc. are at Napier. Right?

Let me guess... the guys on this thread with lecturers not turning up, three hour waits between classes etc. are at Napier. Right?

Definatly sounds like Napier.

I remember in Second year having a tutorial first thing in the morning on a Monday then nothing until 4 in the afternoon.

Think the one time I did turn up for the tutorial it had been cancelled:mad:

Used to enjoy my Sunday's though:beer:

It wasn't the hardest guess. Was it?

Well the Library's busy...:mad:

In about 10 or 15 years the likelihood is that you'll be in a long-term relationship, or married, with children. My advice therefore is just lie down and do nothing. Just enjoy it. Might sound a bit crap but trust me, the day will come when you won't have that as an option. Sooner than you think too.

Seconded.

Trust Mr X. He speaks the truth!

Well the Library's busy...:mad:

The library at Napier was always very good (for the one year I spent there) - nice views from Craighouse especially. ;)

As a uni though it has got a massive problem and reputation for a chaotic lecture/tutorial schedule, with professors not turning up, rooms moving etc. and massive gaps in the day (the latter not being a big issue per se, can't say Edinburgh Uni was any different, but given the number of students who live at home in Edinburgh I can see why it p*sses them off).

The library at Napier was always very good (for the one year I spent there) - nice views from Craighouse especially. ;)

As a uni though it has got a massive problem and reputation for a chaotic lecture/tutorial schedule, with professors not turning up, rooms moving etc. and massive gaps in the day (the latter not being a big issue per se, can't say Edinburgh Uni was any different, but given the number of students who live at home in Edinburgh I can see why it p*sses them off).

Yeah, they have moved to a fixed timetable now...allegedly.

I take it you were being ironic with the use of the word "professors"..? ;)

Napier does have its critics, but it's alright. Really. It is.

My timetabel for trimester 2 has already changed 3/4 times.

But like you said the library is half decent as the internet is rapid.

My timetabel for trimester 2 has already changed 3/4 times.

But like you said the library is half decent as the internet is rapid.

I can only assume that you are not in the Business School as the timetable was fixed back in November and it is a ****** if you want it changed

I can only assume that you are not in the Business School as the timetable was fixed back in November and it is a ****** if you want it changed

School of Creative Industries.

Got it issued before Christmas but they took classes out, then changed it but then they still hadn't changed the most important mistake where I had to get from Craighouse to Merchiston in 0 seconds (Finished one class at 14.00 and started the next one at 14.00).

Only got it fixed until the actual day.

Try n have 8 w*nks in a day. I heard its impossible.

Play Football manager in between, i took a few days off this week to lead my liverpool team to greatness.

Archived