The Dawn of a New ERA

Bomber Harris' Best Mate

Bomber Harris' Best Mate

tonight. Welcome Fabio and good luck.

Forza Fabio.

Although predict a tough game tonight.

I wonder how long it will be until they turn on him en masse, for not transforming England into the best team in the world.

I wonder how long it will be until they turn on him en masse, for not transforming England into the best team in the world.

About as quickly as the tartan army will turn on GB for not beating Holland.

Forza Fabio.

mod delete. Off topic.

This is what will happen.

Praise Fabio to the hilt to begin with, blah blah.

5 Minutes later...

Hang him! Hang him!

good work there from the keeper to stop rooney getting fired in

oh, and is shrek losing his hair as well as being a minger??

shame!

We shall see.

England (press and fans) have turned against every manager they've had, as far back as I can remember. The only manager the Scot's have turned on is Berti Vogts, who took us to unpresidented depths.

I know where the smart money would be. Where would you place yours?

The only manager the Scot's have turned on is Berti Vogts, who took us to unpresidented depths.

Ally MacLeod anyone?

England (press and fans) have turned against every manager they've had, as far back as I can remember. The only manager the Scot's have turned on is Berti Vogts, who took us to unpresidented depths.

I know where the smart money would be. Where would you place yours?

Roxburgh, Brown and McLoed.....................................ring any bells?

Not sure who my money would be on.

I hope Gerrard does his cruciate.

He'll not be able to badger the ref into giving a penalty tonight.

Hopefully anyway.

Forgot about the first two. There was another Brown too that was hounded out; Bobby, who managed the team in the very late 60s and very early 70s.

fingers crossed

Then Lampard slips in the warm-up and splits his biffin' bridge from ring to sack.

Not sure who my money would be on.

Obviously not the same ones as you.

I don't remember the country turning on managers in a way comparable to the English turning on a manager. Dissatisfaction, I'll grant you, but nothing like the venom I've seen directed at the England managers.

A month or so ago, all I heard down here was that McLaren was completely clueless/ incompetant Every newspaper carried a story saying such. Apparently Sven was the biggest Idiot to ever grace the face of this planet after the world cup. The Scottish press have never really done that to anywhere near the level they do it down here. Berti, by far , got the hardest treatment from fans/media that any of our managers have had, and it is nothing like the hysteria that goes on in England.

I hope Gerrard does his cruciate.

Unfortunately Fat Lampard's not playing, so who's cruciate are you wanting him to do?

I don't remember the country turning on managers in a way comparable to the English turning on a manager.

There's nothing better than seeing someone backpedal furiously when presented with facts they had previously - and conveniently - overlooked. ;)

Got ?5 on 4-0 England, so I'm hoping they win tonight. But not every week.

You're OK, England don't play every week.

I'll get my (flack) jacket....

Obviously not the same ones as you.

I don't remember the country turning on managers in a way comparable to the English turning on a manager. Dissatisfaction, I'll grant you, but nothing like the venom I've seen directed at the England managers.

A month or so ago, all I heard down here was that McLaren was completely clueless/ incompetant Every newspaper carried a story saying such. Apparently Sven was the biggest Idiot to ever grace the face of this planet after the world cup. The Scottish press have never really done that to anywhere near the level they do it down here. Berti, by far , got the hardest treatment from fans/media that any of our managers have had, and it is nothing like the hysteria that goes on in England.

Let the booing commence.

Unreal.

Wembley crowds must be the most ignorant and arrogant on the planet.

Anyone know why the pish is on Scottish telly?

Im all for watching football but....

A meaningless friendly of two coutries nothing to do with Scotland on BBC Scotland?!? Whats that all about?!?!

If they were showing football on the telly why not Wales v Norway? At least we get to watch future opposition and a British side?

If you remember the England v Croatia game, Croatia played together as if they were a club team; every player knew what their job was and what to do next. I'm not sure if England have ever had that or can ever achieve it.

I think the Capello appointment will be either dull and pointless or a glorous success.

It's 50/50.

Buffalo Bill

A meaningless friendly of two coutries nothing to do with Scotland on BBC Scotland?!? Whats that all about?!?!

If they were showing football on the telly why not Wales v Norway? At least we get to watch future opposition and a British side?

Try sky sports2;)

If you remember the England v Croatia game, Croatia played together as if they were a club team; every player knew what their job was and what to do next. I'm not sure if England have ever had that or can ever achieve it.

I think the Capello appointment will be either dull and pointless or a glorous success.

It's 50/50.

Buffalo Bill

I think all he will achieve is manage to **** a lotay the senior players off before getting sacked.

There's nothing better than seeing someone backpedal furiously when presented with facts they had previously - and conveniently - overlooked. ;)

Rubbish.

The country/media have'nt turned on a manager in such a fasion. Individuals have been displeased with them, I despised Craig Brown, but contrary previous posts by similar minded to yourself he was not hounded out. He was the Darling of the press, hailed as our most successful manager ever.

Your perspective of the world is a very twisted one indeed.

None so blind as those who will not see.

N.Ireland v Bulgaria is on if you press the wee red button thingy.

Rubbish.

The country/media have'nt turned on a manager in such a fasion. Individuals have been displeased with them, I despised Craig Brown, but contrary previous posts by similar minded to yourself he was not hounded out. He was the Darling of the press, hailed as our most successful manager ever.

Your perspective of the world is a very twisted one indeed.

None so blind as those who will not see.

he was our most successful manager ever

didn't Tam cowan get grief for revealing the BBC Scotland edict to not give Watty and Eck hard time for leaving the national team in limbo?

Mind you I have to agree the Scotland manager does not get as hard a time as those who manage engerland I wonder if it is owt to do with not delivering on their God given right to win every game/tournamnet they enter:eek:

didn't Tam cowan get grief for revealing the BBC Scotland edict to not give Watty and Eck hard time for leaving the national team in limbo?

Mind you I have to agree the Scotland manager does not get as hard a time as those who manage engerland I wonder if it is owt to do with not delivering on their God given right to win every game/tournamnet they enter:eek:

It's 'cause the english press are all anti-national team

The Scottish pess cannae be because there is too many weegie based players and managers and they cannae slag them off now can they?!

I think England have had it - fitfully - in 1990 with Robson, and under Venables. Keegan's England was a roller coaster ride, but Ericsson certainly didn't foster that club spirit and Hoddle, if we believe the press, was almost a cause for division in his own right. Revie, Taylor, and McLaren were uninspired FA appointments and inevitably fell flat.

Talking to the Lombardia Hearts boys last week the concensus seemed to be that Capello has no soul and will run the England set-up on coldly efficient lines. But they did also concede that he is a winner...

Half an hour build up for a friendly?

The media have gone back to the start of the cycle, fervent anticiaption. If England get a decent result tonight everything will be ice-cream at the FA.

Not so long ago McLaren's team won 4-0 against the current Euro champs. We saw how he turned out.

Forza Fabio.

:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

:bored::dozey::sleepy:

Best not to watch their friendlies. It is usefull to let them win a few, watch/listen to their media go into hyperdrive believing they are world beaters and then when it comes to the tourneys to sit back and laugh at their fall from a greater height!

Archived