Henry Smith. EEN

Cliffundo

I happen to disagree with Hooray henry on this one

click here

I think the money should be invested only when we have a new manager!

And what if that is ... "never" ?

I happen to disagree with Hooray henry on this one

click here

I think the money should be invested only when we have a new manager!

gotta agree, what's the point in Vlad spending any money that is available before the new manager comes in. hopefully the new guy will have no time for the kind of pash that Vlad has brought us of late.

And what if that is ... "never" ?

Well, I can not see us carrying on like this for much longer, so something will give!

I think thats what the January statement was all about.

we will see though. Apparently Frail can only hold the fort till the end of March. lets see what happenes around about then.

ToadKiller Dog

I can see where Henrys cat is coming from, but i dont see the point of appeasing fans just for the sake of the short term ,that to me is not good sense,better doing what is best longer term given the sort of position the club is in.

markletissier

for me, the january transfer window was an ideal time to weed out all the non-players at the club and to free up the wage bill. get the squad back down to a decent size and then wait till the summer before revamping the squad with new signings.

I agree, when you see how much money has been frittered away on nothing players over the last 2 years, then this makes a lot of sense. Lets leave the cash in place for the new guy to spend on who he wants.

I can see where Henrys cat is coming from, but i dont see the point of appeasing fans just for the sake of the short term ,that to me is not good sense,better doing what is best longer term given the sort of position the club is in.

Agree toaster! we should have just got a few of the wage bill and leave the new guy the funds and the wage structure to work within!

I agree, when you see how much money has been frittered away on nothing players over the last 2 years, then this makes a lot of sense. Lets leave the cash in place for the new guy to spend on who he wants.

yes! I do not mind vlad throwing a couple of decent players in for the coach to assess, but the new manager must have his own targets and they must take priotrity over anything else!

Yup, get rid of the crap and maybe bring in a couple of decent players as we could still (hopefully) mount a challenge for UEFA.

Doing next to nothing and living off a promise of a new manager doesn't fill me with much hope I'm afraid.

Seymour M Hersh
for me, the january transfer window was an ideal time to weed out all the non-players at the club and to free up the wage bill. get the squad back down to a decent size and then wait till the summer before revamping the squad with new signings.

In theory yes but in practice quite hard. Case in point Makela.

[/b]

gotta agree, what's the point in Vlad spending any money that is available before the new manager comes in. hopefully the new guy will have no time for the kind of pash that Vlad has brought us of late.

Agree with you and the OP. People (generally) complain about Vlad signing players instead of the manager signing them, but when we don't have a manager they want Vlad to go out and buy. Can't have it both ways I'm afraid.

As it happens i don't have a problem with Vlad bringing players in. And I'm sure most managers wouldn't mind if their owner came to them and said "I've seen/heard of this guy, what do you think?" or "I am/can bring(ing) this player in, you can do what you want with him."

Another thing with the Vlad signings is fans and media claiming they automatically get played. Yes, I think some maybe are favoured but it doesn't explain why Tall didn't play for months, Philibitis, Kancelskis, Barasa and Benni (after Hibs) have rarely been seen too.

For now though, it's a good thing IMO that we want to clear out some of the dead wood before we bring new players in. The money that was getting thrown about in 05/06 won't happen again until we can prove as a club that we are able to repay the outlay.

Let's rebuild in the summer and hope that this season we can finish in the top six and move on.

Archived