After the 0-7 what Hibs did next.

Hearts Heritage

Hearts Heritage

After the Scotsman 'Classic Game' article on that game. I did a bit of research on what Hibs went onto do that season. Surely it would have been a precursor to something good. They were the 'best' side in Scotland that season and should have gone onto lift the league.

By 17th March they were still neck and neck with the OF. The prospect loomed of playing Celtic in the last game of the season in a potential title decider.

However it disastrously all fell apart in the last 8 games of the season as Hibs collapsed. They didn't come within 7 minutes of the title they only got as close as a mere 7 games.

They crashed out 3-0 to Hajduk Split in the QF of the Cup Winners (as if) Cup a week after going out to Rangers in the Cup.

They then didn't win in the last 7 league games. Culminating in a 3-0 horsing by Celtic.

Rangers 1-0 Hibernian 24/3/1973

Hibernian 0-0 Arbroath 31/3/1973

Falkirk 1-0 Hibernian 7/4/1973

Motherwell 1-1 Hibernian 10/4/1973

Hibernian 0-1 Motherwell 14/4/1973

Ayr Utd. 1-1 Hibernian 21/4/1973

Hibernian 0-3 Celtic 28/4/1973

If Hibs were an international team, I'm quite sure they'd have won the 1974 World Cup.

With flair.

Buffalo Bill

... Go on and on and on about it for the next 35 years?

... Pretend that one result more than makes up for the 17 and then 22 games-in-a-row itch that they can't scratch?

skotskosparta
Culminating in a 3-0 horsing by Celtic.

Hibernian 0-3 Celtic 28/4/1973

If that was a HORSING then what was a 0-7 loss at home?

The only thing we can be sure of is that if you were alive then, you wouldn't have been at Tynecastle to see it. After all, you didn't even make it to the biggest derby match ever on 2 April 2006*. You are the Chairman of the Internet Hibs Supporters Club.

* Where incidentally you were horsed 4-0. :)

one of the most painful matches I have attended but even though I was in the school end that day I stayed till the bitter end. Yet there are still folk on here who post as if getting beat 2-1 by Falkirk this year was the lowest they had been too:mad: don't know you're born

Wow!

If we were that bad, then I wonder were that put Hearts. ;)

You guys really do need to get over yourselves and in patricular the 0-7 win.

Half of you who post on here were not even around to enjoy that win and none of you were around the last time you won the Scottish Cup, that last fact I'm pretty much 100% sure about. Sure 0-7 was a great win for you but it must be getting old now. I can understand that 0-7 and 2-6 is about as much as you have to go on about over us, and some of you even have the cheek to go on about Dundee 1986, as if you have EVER been that close.

Reality is, there isn't really a meaningful statistic that you "horse" us on. In a fantasy world we are by far second best, first flooflights, the green Brazil etc etc. But unfortunatley for you Fantasy is best kept for Disney World Orlando and wee kids under 5.

Now go run along and watch your 0-7 re runs and Albert Kidd videos, it will make you feel good honest.

Me? I'm gonna put on my 1998 and 2006 Scottish Cup Final "DVD"'s and maybe even have a wee peek at the Hearts v Hibs semi from 2006 also;)

Mon the cabbage

Half of you who post on here were not even around to enjoy that win and none of you were around the last time you won the Scottish Cup, that last fact I'm pretty much 100% sure about. Sure 0-7 was a great win for you but it must be getting old now. I can understand that 0-7 and 2-6 is about as much as you have to go on about over us, and some of you even have the cheek to go on about Dundee 1986, as if you have EVER been that close.

Reality is, there isn't really a meaningful statistic that you "horse" us on. In a fantasy world we are by far second best, first flooflights, the green Brazil etc etc. But unfortunatley for you Fantasy is best kept for Disney World Orlando and wee kids under 5.

Now go run along and watch your 0-7 re runs and Albert Kidd videos, it will make you feel good honest.

Me? I'm gonna put on my 1998 and 2006 Scottish Cup Final "DVD"'s and maybe even have a wee peek at the Hearts v Hibs semi from 2006 also;)

And i'm sure you will be watching these DVD's in 30 years time, when your team is no longer in existence. ;)

And i'm sure you will be watching these DVD's in 30 years time, when your team is no longer in existence. ;)

That I may be, as who knows what will happen but my guess is, that if Hibs are around then Hearts will be also. Dont ask me why I make that connection I just think that as long as Scottish Football is in the format it is right now then there will be a HMFC.

Problem for you is, there may be still DVD players around in 30 years time, VHS? now thats a different story so you may be goosed:eek:

How long does this chancer get on here mods??

How long does this chancer get on here mods??

Leave him on....hes obviously a loner:)

He needs new friends as he is fed up with talking to his carer all day...bless:wavey:

skotskosparta

Sorry Tom but the OP is a Jambo and it was him that brought this up today, were just adding to the discussion. :wavey:

Sorry Tom but the OP is a Jambo and it was him that brought this up today, were just adding to the discussion. :wavey:

I understand that Scott. But after the Patriots loss on Sunday I'm like a lover scorned right now so looking to pick a fight (virtual of course) with anybody ;)

Wow!

If we were that bad, then I wonder were that put Hearts. ;)

What the Hell is it nowadays with the mix-up with "where" and "were"?

It's not exactly rocket science is it?

Jings - Hibbies eh?

I couldn't care about the 7-0 game, wasn't even born just like half the Hobos who batter on about it. Like me gloating about the real biggest victory, 10-2!!! :)

How many European tournaments have Hibs qualified for on merit?

They've been the best team in Scotland for over 60 years now yet they've only ever "qualified" for the UEFA cup!

Damn those bigger clubs that have played in all the tournies on merit like Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Kilmarnock and er, Hearts!!!

FWT (Fecking Wee Team)

Mon the cabbage
I couldn't care about the 7-0 game, wasn't even born just like half the Hobos who batter on about it. Like me gloating about the real biggest victory, 10-2!!! :)

yup!

I must of forgot about the 10-2 that never happened. :)

Mon the cabbage
How many European tournaments have Hibs qualified for on merit?

They've been the best team in Scotland for over 60 years now yet they've only ever "qualified" for the UEFA cup!

Damn those bigger clubs that have played in all the tournies on merit like Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Kilmarnock and er, Hearts!!!

FWT (Fecking Wee Team)

More than Hearts. :)

yup!

I must of forgot about the 10-2 that never happened. :)

Is this a funny language?

Try "must have forgot"

You thick cant.

I meant the three main tournaments.

The European Cup (or CL)

The European Cup "Winners" Cup:4_1_72:

and

The UEFA Cup

one of the most painful matches I have attended but even though I was in the school end that day I stayed till the bitter end. Yet there are still folk on here who post as if getting beat 2-1 by Falkirk this year was the lowest they had been too:mad: don't know you're born

At last.

Someone talking some fn sense.

:clap:

Actually, now you mention it Hearts have qualified 18 times to Hibs 17 (you were invited once and you ain't getting Inter-Tattie!)

Since I was born in 1972 it's 13-9 Hearts ;)

You have admittedly played 74 games to our 68 but given that your first 6 games were during the invitaton season even that lead is debatable.

Mon the Hertz!!!

Sources are London Hearts (http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/str/europe.html)

and

Hibernianfc.co.uk (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/)

Harry Kinnear

A propos of nothing at all I can remember telling a youthful Hobo fanatic, not around in 73, that I was there, stayed to the end etc etc. He was really jealous. Used to bother me but Mark de Vries and 02.04.06 helped. Hey we all have our ups and downs......and come to think of it we had a manager that day

I was at the 4-1 game the following September, and couldn't contain my joy leaving the ground (I was just a lad), and sour-faced Shibbies were all yapping "whit aboot Ne'er then?" You'll be glad to know that even then they were a bunch of sour, loser bassas living in the past. 35 years on, nothing's changed, except they're sadder and deeper in our shadow. GIRUY Hobos!

I was at the 4-1 game the following September, and couldn't contain my joy leaving the ground (I was just a lad), and sour-faced Shibbies were all yapping "whit aboot Ne'er then?" You'll be glad to know that even then they were a bunch of sour, loser bassas living in the past. 35 years on, nothing's changed, except they're sadder and deeper in our shadow. GIRUY Hobos!

FTH

It's great having hibs as your derby rivals.

Correct. The most one-sided derby in world football. They even suffer the ignominy of Hearts having won more derby games at the Parque de Flair than they have.

Correct. The most one-sided derby in world football. They even suffer the ignominy of Hearts having won more derby games at the Parque de Flair than they have.

And Hampden.....don't forget Hampden:)

Deluded, caravan dwelling, straw clutching tramps.

Bunch of :cat:'s

And Hampden.....don't forget Hampden:)

No, you're right.

Don't forget Hampden.

02/04/06

All they got for that 7-0 win was 2 points.

We got 3 for beating them a couple of weeks ago.

Therefor our 1-0 win was more important than their 7-0 win.

Victor Meldrew
Deluded, drug addled, caravan dwelling, straw clutching tramps.

Bunch of :cat:'s

You see, I was thinking of saying something, but there's nothing I could usefully add to this perceptive description of them.

I'd argue its better having hearts!

Is that because all you flumps are as deluded and bigger balloons than you really are?? Look at statistics weeteamer,you'll get a big surprise and wished you hadn't posted on here in the first place!!:eek:

Victor Meldrew

Only if you want to have one of the most abysmal derby records in World football.

Anyone from the mod team fancy letting us know why this trumpet hasn't been banned yet ?

Jesus Christ, we don't half attract the afflicted don't we ?

If this is the extent of his chat what the feck is he going to offer the board in the future ?

cup%20final%2004.jpg

0,,10289~368944,00.jpg

VERSUS

Hibs%20Cup.jpg

_42691609_wrightmcintyre270.jpg

and let's not deceive ourselves, the biggest Edinburgh Derby of all time took place in Glasgow on

02/04/06

...which hardly need be compared to a near insignificant 1970s league fixture where most of the Hearts team were still half-pashed from the night before.

Oh crikey, please do argue why. This could get real interesting. Is it just to say that at least twice a year you get a nice wee trip to the nice side of the city ?

Is that because all you flumps are as deluded and bigger balloons than you really are?? Look at statistics weeteamer,you'll get a big surprise and wished you hadn't posted on here in the first place!!:eek:

Its good having hearts as you rivals because.....

2 seasons ago, from an on looking hibby, was very worrying with someone who appears to be investing in the club(Romanov)!

A superb manager and a team capable of challenging OF! Hearts win the cup! Hearts qualify for champs league! Hearts fans going on about being the big team with many saying hibs are now no longer their rivals as hearts are far superior! World cup stars worth 10mil coming!

All very worrying for us hibbys!

2 years down the line........

Hearts hovering just above a relegation battle with gretna!

Hearts biggest signing this season being a Hibs reject!

out both cups!

Steven Frail!

Hearts fans eating big slices of humle pie! (or should be)

All very amusing to us aids riden lot!

Oh crikey, please do argue why. This could get real interesting. Is it just to say that at least twice a year you get a nice wee trip to the nice side of the city ?

;)

I take it you've not ventured back to edinburgh in a while tom? :)

2 seasons ago, from an on looking hibby, was very worrying with someone who appears to be investing in the club(Romanov)!

A superb manager and a team capable of challenging OF! Hearts win the cup! Hearts qualify for champs league! Hearts fans going on about being the big team with many saying hibs are now no longer their rivals as hearts are far superior! World cup stars worth 10mil coming!

out both cups!

Steven Frail!

You should have really added that we are JUST behind you in the league, that you in reality are also out of both cups, despite what you think. Michael Stewart was Man United and Hearts reject long before he was a Hibs one

out both cups!

Steven Frail!

If I was you then I'd be more worried about how Hibs are performing rather than Hearts. But as with most of the Hibs fans on here, you seem to care more about Hearts.

I take it you've not ventured back to edinburgh in a while tom? :)

Not recent enough you are right :sad: But often and recent enough to have seen us dump the Hibees oot the cup and often enough to have seen us win it again ;)

But mind you the way wee have been this season I'm quite happy not to have been backfor a wee while:confused:

Archived