N.F.L. This weekend

Boston Jambo

Patriots favored by 14 points:confused:

Packers favored by 7.;)

IMHO:

Patriots will win but don't know about covering the spread.

Packers will win and cover!

Patriots will win.

Don't even think about betting on the Packers-Giants. Anything could happen there.

wasn't gonna bother but if they are still giving each way then jump all over it. Unlikely tho!!!

Think the Patriots are gonna win, Brady's far too good, especially with all those weapons around him

If we believe the guff coming out of some of the Chargers players mouths then The Pat's have no chance but of course most of us know different. Even their coach Norv Turner is cringing at some of the nonsense they are saying. Ach well some nice dressing room bulletin board material for The Pat's. 14 points is a big line which surprises me a little and will be real tough to cover. Cant see the Giants winning in Green Bay so as predicted a week or so ago I'm going for a Green Bay v Patriots Superbowl with Brady winning the day for New England.

FWIW, They (ESPN etc) reckon that a Brady v Farve game will result in some of the highest numbers for TV and highest ticket prices. While a Chargers v Giants game would be quite the opposite

alwaysthereinspirit

Took the Pats and Packers with the points. Also threw in a total points bet for both games of 97.

the voice from above

I've had green bay each way for some time, got 5 bucks at 15/1. just nipped over to mr hills to cover my stake by backing the giants at the weekend and am feeling quite happy with myself, I'm usually attrocious at betting the NFL.

Wonder what time the supporters buses leave San Diego for Foxboro?Only 3000 miles.

You'll get that info over in the Supporters Club section or The Terrace, here in the shed its non Hearts stuff ;)

willie wallace
You'll get that info over in the Supporters Club section or The Terrace, here in the shed its non Hearts stuff ;)

Not quite sure what you mean Tom.I was just having a wee joke about the distance the Chargers fans have to travel for the game.Anyway good luck to your team,i am sure that they will be to strong for the Chargers.

Not quite sure what you mean Tom.I was just having a wee joke about the distance the Chargers fans have to travel for the game.Anyway good luck to your team,i am sure that they will be to strong for the Chargers.

If I had no idea what I meant, what chance does anyone else have. I'm an auld slaver:eek:

What happened to Minnesota??

They are rank rotten I think they may have finished a .500 team at best

The Mighty Thor
They are rank rotten I think they may have finished a .500 team at best

Tom

serious question.

Have the Pats had their 'bad game' this season yet? or was the game against the Giants their bad one?

I'm looking at the betting on the chargers with points and there's some money to be made potentially.

FWIW i'm looking at the old master Favre to give young Brady a masterclass in Phoenix :rolleyes:

Tom

serious question.

Have the Pats had their 'bad game' this season yet? or was the game against the Giants their bad one?

I'm looking at the betting on the chargers with points and there's some money to be made potentially.

FWIW i'm looking at the old master Favre to give young Brady a masterclass in Phoenix :rolleyes:

First off, When Farve has 3 Superbowl rings then we can consider him capable of giving Brady a lesson, but only then:confused:

Dunno about a Pats bad game, there is no doubt that their defense can be got at as they are a wee bit older. That was seen in games against The Ravens, The Eagles and too an extent The Steelers and The Giants, but the reality is they are overall a pretty complete side capable of playing for the full 60 mins and can never ever be written off. That was seen in numerous games. I personally think that if they play to their strengths then they cannot be beaten they have proved that in some of the games mentioned previously. But as the move said 'Any Given Sunday"

The Patriots average 11 possessions a game with an average of 3 pts a possession, thats obviously 33 points. I dont think the Chargers can beat that, so I think they need to try limit The Patriots to 7 or 8 possessions

I'm with you on the points, 14 is way way too much and The Chargers are a good bet with 14.

alwaysthereinspirit
Tom

serious question.

No disrespect intended Thor but as good as the Packers record makes them look they have not come up against a team like the Patriots. If they both do make the Super Bowl I dont see the Packers hanging around with the Pats. Favre is a great quarterback and team leader but no quarterback in history has done what Brady has accomplished this year. Brady and the Pats offence are second to none. As Heaney said the defence is getting on but they are so well coached that its now more about smarts than speed. They read games so well. Just dont see anything other than a Boston duck boat parade again this year.

Just dont see anything other than a Boston duck boat parade again this year.

They are getting good at that up there, roll on Oct for another one :527:

And its Mr Heaney to you :-)

The Mighty Thor
First off, When Farve has 3 Superbowl rings then we can consider him capable of giving Brady a lesson, but only then:confused:

Dunno about a Pats bad game, there is no doubt that their defense can be got at as they are a wee bit older. That was seen in games against The Ravens, The Eagles and too an extent The Steelers and The Giants, but the reality is they are overall a pretty complete side capable of playing for the full 60 mins and can never ever be written off. That was seen in numerous games. I personally think that if they play to their strengths then they cannot be beaten they have proved that in some of the games mentioned previously. But as the move said 'Any Given Sunday"

The Patriots average 11 possessions a game with an average of 3 pts a possession, thats obviously 33 points. I dont think the Chargers can beat that, so I think they need to try limit The Patriots to 7 or 8 possessions

I'm with you on the points, 14 is way way too much and The Chargers are a good bet with 14.

Cheers Tom.

I know the pats are on fire going forward but i wasn't too clued up on them defensively. They've rarely been pushed this season in reality.

33 points will win a championship game for sure.

I'm on the chargers with the points as it goes and i'm tempted to take the Giants as a cover bet with the points too.

Started following the Pats in '85 when C4 started showing the games and they got to Superbowl XX to be gubbed by the Bears. Followed the game closely for quite a few years, was even a member of the GB Pats Supporters Club in the late 80's, but started to lose interested just as the Pats were getting good!

Still keep an eye out for the results, but never really got back into it.

It's going to be really cold at the stadium on Sun, probably 10 degrees at game time.

Chargers being a warm weather team won't like that too much, but on the other hand it will keep the score down, lots of dropped passes, fumbles etc as the ball gets really slick in the low temps.

Patriots will score 28 pts, maybe a little more.

Patriots will win comfortably but may not cover the spread. At the risk of sounding stupid it will be a close blowout:wacko:

I'm betting Chargers with the the spread and Packers also.

If the Giants win, Lawrwence Tynes will be the first Scotsman to play in the Superbowl ??

alwaysthereinspirit
It's going to be really cold at the stadium on Sun, probably 10 degrees at game time.

Chargers being a warm weather team won't like that too much, but on the other hand it will keep the score down, lots of dropped passes, fumbles etc as the ball gets really slick in the low temps.

Patriots will score 28 pts, maybe a little more.

Patriots will win comfortably but may not cover the spread. At the risk of sounding stupid it will be a close blowout:wacko:

I'm betting Chargers with the the spread and Packers also.

If the Giants win, Lawrwence Tynes will be the first Scotsman to play in the Superbowl ??

As long as the Chargers keep mouthing off I'll be happy. I think Moss will have a great game on Sunday. The personal crap is at least out in the open now. Go Pats.

Craig Gordons Gloves

The temparature here is currently 2 or 3F with a wind chill of minus 15. By Sunday, the temp is supposed to drop to -10f with a windchill of down as far as minus 50F. Green Bay is supposed to be just as cold, with the option of some snow thrown in on Sunday. So Manning will literally freeze at Lambeau.

GB will take the Giants and Superman, sorry, Tom Brady will take the chargers to pieces once again. A Favre v Brady superbowl will be tremendous - but i cant see Brady losing it.

the voice from above
The temparature here is currently 2 or 3F with a wind chill of minus 15. By Sunday, the temp is supposed to drop to -10f with a windchill of down as far as minus 50F. Green Bay is supposed to be just as cold, with the option of some snow thrown in on Sunday. So Manning will literally freeze at Lambeau.

GB will take the Giants and Superman, sorry, Tom Brady will take the chargers to pieces once again. A Favre v Brady superbowl will be tremendous - but i cant see Brady losing it.

absolutely loving to hear that! i'm pretty ecxited about a farve v brady showdown. (especially since i backed gb each way!)

Go Pats, interesting game where the Chargers failure to convert any of there 3 or 4 red zone possessions into touchdowns cost them dearly. Fantastic 9 min possession by the Patriots at the end. True champions , roll on the Superbowl

Just back from the game, conditions on the field were pretty bad, strangely enough very little wind up in the stands.

Truly a championship drive at the end there Tom, nine plus minutes, something else.

Off to watch the second half of the Green Bay game, if I can hijack the telly off the missus, probably cost me a trip to IKEA tomorrow.:eek:

Jings, Giants go up by 3.

Come on lads! Green Bay looking no so good on offense, only 1 play really.

The Mighty Thor

disappointing.

got a bit of dough back with the Chargers at +14 points and the Giants at +6 points.

still hoped to see the pack at superbowl though. :(

I predicted a couple of weeks ago that we would have a Giants-Pats superbowl, but no-one believed me!

Roll on Super Sunday - Go Pats!

Archived