Bednar to West Brom. 2.5m

Harbour84

Seems more than fair. Surprised we negotiated such a good fee. :)

Does seem good. Plus money will be on Hearts books and not Kaunas. Will probably move for alot more if he leaves West Brom wonder if we get a percentage of any sell on fee. I would have stuck 25% in there lets hope Romanov did aswell.

I would have loved Bednar to have been scoring those goals for us but this is a very good price under the circumstances. He wasn't happy at Hearts and the move to West Brom has allowed him to enjoy his football.

It shows once again the Romanov gets a good price when selling. Lets just hope that the new manager gets to spend some money to strengthen the team.

I had presumed a fee negotiated at the start of this season would not have been as high

?2.5m for last seasons player is a steal

?2.5m for this seasons player is fair

Good deal all round but its a shame we had a genuinely talented player on our books, but was wasted as a result of the clubs mismanagement

I would have loved Bednar to have been scoring those goals for us but this is a very good price under the circumstances. He wasn't happy at Hearts and the move to West Brom has allowed him to enjoy his football.

It shows once again the Romanov gets a good price when selling. Lets just hope that the new manager gets to spend some money to strengthen the team.

new manager? what new manager?

?9M was a half decent deal for Gordon. The team has not seen a penny.

?2.5M is OK for Bednar. Doubt the management will see any of that either.

This story does not mean a thing to me.

Don't read it then.

Don't read it then.

Well said. Good deal for Hearts for a player that had no interest staying with us. Well done to Pedro/Vlad/whoever arranged for us to hopefully get that amount of cash for him.

Rudolf's Mate
As some one stated and got shot down for... not a bad deal done by pedro lopez.

Not a bad deal done however the fact of the matter is that we do not currently have a player doing what Bednar is doing in a superior league!

Well said. Good deal for Hearts for a player that had no interest staying with us. Well done to Pedro/Vlad/whoever arranged for us to hopefully get that amount of cash for him.

As others have stated, this is a very good deal for us. Bednar didn't want to come back to us, so good deal all round.

Commander Harris
Not a bad deal done however the fact of the matter is that we do not currently have a player doing what Bednar is doing in a superior league!

he might be doing it in a superior league - but if he was here would he be doing it? I think Bednar's a very good player but even in his good spell under St. George he wasn't anywhere near as prolific.

A good deal for both club - a Bargain for West Brom given how he has performed for them and good money for Hearts given how he performed for us over his time here. :)

I'll wait for the dip in form / effort as soon as he's signed his contract.

Yip I was thinking that too, and I hope so too

The money matters not a jot.

Surely most of us have noticed that the money is not re-invested in the sqaud. Vlad knows how to make money which is obviously good for him but he has shown no signs of putting that money into the club on the playing front.

He could sell a player for ?100,000,000 and we would more than likely see no benefit from it.

All it shows to me is that we had and lost a 20+ goals a season player that the current regime have completely wasted with their running of the playing side.

It has been said that RB is too injury prone and this may be true but it may also be said that he spent a good deal of time with Vlad flu.

If you happen to be reading this Vald please read my signature again because the longer this fiasco continues the bigger a tube you are becoming in my eyes.

When are we going to start seeing this transfer income being invested in the squad?

?1.5 million for Hartley

?9 million for Gordon

?2.5 million for Bednar

Who do we get in return? Michael "Big Man On Campus" Stewart, Eduardis "Drop The Ball" Kurskis and Christian "Super Size Me" Nade.

A fit, enthusiastic and confident Roman Bednar is a massive loss and ?2.5 million in Vlad's pocket doesn't cover that in my opinion.

We're still taking one step forward and two steps back. :mad:

good for vlad/ukio not for hearts

keep investing in your season ticket while rod keeps selling your assets..............pot meet kettle :wavey:

A good fee, well negotiated, but just shows how badly mismanaged the player was during his time at Hearts.

I'd like to think that the money will be reinvested in the squad, preferably a striker who knows where the net is, and hopefully under a manager who knows what football is.

But I'm doubtful on all counts.

good for vlad/ukio not for hearts

Aha, the :hobo: returns.

How much did Collins see of the Brown & Thomson money smart arse ?

marshallschunkychicken
Good fee.

Frees up some of that 40 million debt. ;)

Is it your lunchtime plan to get launched from here?

:wavey:

Italian Lambretta

Add the 1.6m for Skacel and that comes to 14.6m in less than 2 years. Now if we sell Larry Kingston to the Premiership in the summer for around 9m then we will be half way to finding the money for the re-development of stadium.:)

When are we going to start seeing this transfer income being invested in the squad?

?1.5 million for Hartley

?9 million for Gordon

?2.5 million for Bednar

Who do we get in return? Michael "Big Man On Campus" Stewart, Eduardis "Drop The Ball" Kurskis and Christian "Super Size Me" Nade.

A fit, enthusiastic and confident Roman Bednar is a massive loss and ?2.5 million in Vlad's pocket doesn't cover that in my opinion.

Why?

I havent broken any rules.

Yes you have - trolling.

And after a low-key start you have quickly proven yourself to be no more than a wee bawbag.

Can this clown be emptied please ?

?9 million was 'half-decent'??

What were you expecting, ?18 million? :rolleyes:

?1.5 million for Hartley

?9 million for Gordon

?2.5 million for Bednar

When we appoint this manager we keep hearing about. :rolleyes:

DuffJimmy1875
Add the 1.6m for Skacel and that comes to 14.6m in less than 2 years. Now if we sell Larry Kingston to the Premiership in the summer for around 9m then we will be half way to finding the money for the re-development of stadium.:)

:eek: You expect Kingston to go to the Premiership (in itself reasonably likely) but for 9 MILLION :nooo: I think more like half that if not less!! He's hardly set the heather alight on a consistent basis up here, although he doesn't half keep some top class company in that Ghana midfield

9 million for a player that you signed for 500k and who has barely justified that fee (not to mention his 15k - I think - a week wages)

That's, errrrr, "optimistic" to put it mildly.

Unless you were just being fanciful and not serious.......................

?1.5 million for Hartley

?9 million for Gordon

?2.5 million for Bednar

?2.5 million in Vlad's pocket doesn't cover that in my opinion.

?25 million plus in debt less ?2.5 million still makes Vlad some ?20 million plus out of pocket methinks!!!;)

:eek: You expect Kingston to go to the Premiership (in itself reasonably likely) but for 9 MILLION :nooo: I think more like half that if not less!! He's hardly set the heather alight on a consistent basis up here, although he doesn't half keep some top class company in that Ghana midfield

9 million for a player that you signed for 500k and who has barely justified that fee (not to mention his 15k - I think - a week wages)

That's, errrrr, "optimistic" to put it mildly.

Unless you were just being fanciful and not serious.......................

Do you watch him every week ?

I agree that ?9M is fanciful in the extreme but to say he has hardly justified his transfer fee is utter bollocks I'm afraid.

Very good deal for us.

Financially maybe...but on the playing front??? NO WAY! :mad:

Bednar came to Hearts "one of the best young talents I have worked with" (quote:new Scotland Manager)

He was electric in his early days until Big Marv crippled him. Hearts then brought him back far too early and that put his recovery months back - a fact overlooked by the "he was always injured KB brigade!!

With regards to not wanting to play for Hearts - can you blame him? With Vlads team interference then the pre-season fisticuffs no wonder!!

Now a re-motivated Bednar is banging in the goals and I for one wish him all the best. My regret is that if he had been properly managed he would still have been banging them in for Hearts!!!:mad:

Never mind Jamie Mole is back from Q of S!!!! :eek:

Well why bother even replying if it "does not mean a thing to me" ?

I think it is a great deal for Hearts and congrats to whoever agreed the deal if true.

ArmiyaRomanova

Good bit of business for us there.

Bit concerned by a couple of posters already moaning about the fee not being spent on players.

Have they never owned a credit card or gotten into a buy now-pay later agreement?

Seems to me that the money coming in from Gordon, Bednar et al has 'paid back' money we've already spent on players.

Still, nothing like simple arithmetic, eh?

DuffJimmy1875
Do you watch him every week ?

I agree that ?9M is fanciful in the extreme but to say he has hardly justified his transfer fee is utter bollocks I'm afraid.

No, admittedly I haven't, and I've had precious few chances to see him against Hibs due to his capacity to get injured/suspended/be out of the country when Derby Day swings around. But I get the feeling that Kingston's capacity to cross a ball, pick a pass and indulge in the odd piece of skill/decent first touch may have artificially elevated his status in Hearts fans estimations given his midfield partners patent inability to do any or all of the above in a satisfactory manner.

Although this will be less of a problem if Jonsson/Palazuelos keep getting picked..

Maybe he has paid back his initial transfer fee, but he's not a deity in maroon as some Hearts fans I know seem to think!!

markletissier

how much debt are we in by the way?

my guess is that all the transfer fees are goin straight to vlad's bank to clear the debt we owe......and are of course being kept there to line his pockets.

Financially maybe...but on the playing front??? NO WAY! :mad:

Bednar came to Hearts "one of the best young talents I have worked with" (quote:new Scotland Manager)

He was electric in his early days until Big Marv crippled him. Hearts then brought him back far too early and that put his recovery months back - a fact overlooked by the "he was always injured KB brigade!!

With regards to not wanting to play for Hearts - can you blame him? With Vlads team interference then the pre-season fisticuffs no wonder!!

Now a re-motivated Bednar is banging in the goals and I for one wish him all the best. My regret is that if he had been properly managed he would still have been banging them in for Hearts!!!:mad:

Never mind Jamie Mole is back from Q of S!!!! :eek:

Hard to disagree lambojambo. I think that this is a lot of money for Bednar particularly given Vlad's desire to get him out of the club. But we should have had a lot more out of him - he should have been picked far more often. He will go on to very good things in football I think.

Good riddance.

Overrated as ****, he was pish for us last season and I wonder what his fanclub on here were saying when he was actually in the team.

Italian Lambretta

The amount may seem fanciful, but he's one of the best players in the SPL and the going rate at the moment for the best players is around 9m.

Hutton 9m

Gordon 9m

Celtic were offered 9m for Scott Brown

I think if one of the top 10 sides in the Premiership wanted him I think we should be looking for that.

Do you NOT think he is as good as Essien or Muntari?

Or is it purely because he plies his trade in scotland?

The semi-final of the African Cup of Nations and possibly the final will add to his value. He will defo start both games and be influential.

No, admittedly I haven't, and I've had precious few chances to see him against Hibs due to his capacity to get injured/suspended/be out of the country when Derby Day swings around. But I get the feeling that Kingston's capacity to cross a ball, pick a pass and indulge in the odd piece of skill/decent first touch may have artificially elevated his status in Hearts fans estimations given his midfield partners patent inability to do any or all of the above in a satisfactory manner.

Although this will be less of a problem if Jonsson/Palazuelos keep getting picked..

Maybe he has paid back his initial transfer fee, but he's not a deity in maroon as some Hearts fans I know seem to think!!

Father Tiresias

It's only a good piece of business if the money is reinvested into the team.

From the evidence we've seen from Craig Gordon's transfer, I think the money will end in the coffers of Ukio Bankas. :sad:

Reasonable sum I suppose. What if Bednar continues his good form and scores another 10 or so goals before the season end? Gets WB promoted and all the cash add ons it entails - ?2.5m still a good price?

Don't get me wrong the fee sounds amicable I'm just not sure on only ?0.5 million add on for promotion - we should squeeze them for more...or a potential sell on clause...depending on the season outcome.

Archived