Kevin Blackwell

dougal

Just seen on the web that Luton have sacked him.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/luton_town/7183317.stm

Would take him at hearts along with John Carver as coach. Think he would do really well up here, plus he has a good knowledge of lower league football in England, maybe able to get a few bargains for us as well.

loveofthegame

Absolutely no chance i'd take him. He has done absolutely nothing in management.

He's managed two sides, both in dire financial straights(an omen.... :)joking!) and has been sacked in both.

I don't know what in his credentials could make anyone think he'd be a good appointment

As I have just said on the rumours forum (fifth wheel IMO) he is the worst of the reported candidates IMO. Too many failures.

Absolutely no chance i'd take him. He has done absolutely nothing in management.

He's managed two sides, both in dire financial straights(an omen.... :)joking!) and has been sacked in both.

I don't know what in his credentials could make anyone think he'd be a good appointment

He is a very well regarded coach/manager.

I'd take him in a heartbeat. Forget his time at Leeds : he was shat on from a great height and it was only a matter of time before he got binned.

If Luton hadn't gone into administration they'd be in with a great chnace of promotion this season.

I'm sure he said he was going to leave anyway, didn't he? Is it really a 'sacking' due to poor results/management or merely a cost-cutting measure? I know about 4/5 players have been released to reduce wages etc.

For the record, I'd take him if he can pass one test: watch Calum Elliot play football for 45 minutes and hire him on the basis of how quickly after said 45 minutes he says "he will never play for my team again".

He loses, say, ?500 a week per second.

I'm sure he said he was going to leave anyway, didn't he? Is it really a 'sacking' due to poor results/management or merely a cost-cutting measure? I know about 4/5 players have been released to reduce wages etc.

For the record, I'd take him if he can pass one test: watch Calum Elliot play football for 45 minutes and hire him on the basis of how quickly after said 45 minutes he says "he will never play for my team again".

He loses, say, ?500 a week per second.

He has handed in his resignation at Luton , effective in February.

But having seen him on MOTD last night it sounds like he might not be leaving just yet.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
He has handed in his resignation at Luton , effective in February.

But having seen him on MOTD last night it sounds like he might not be leaving just yet.

He's left already. Mick Harford has taken over

No thanks.

Been terrible everywhere he's managed and the "good coach" argument isn't exactly good either, anyone remember our former Chelsea assistant manager? Or Alex Miller's sparkling managerial career?

As much as like anyone else i just want a manager, i don't see the point in settling for pish.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
No thanks.

Been terrible everywhere he's managed and the "good coach" argument isn't exactly good either, anyone remember our former Chelsea assistant manager? Or Alex Miller's sparkling managerial career?

As much as like anyone else i just want a manager, i don't see the point in settling for pish.

That's a very unfair assessment of his time at Leeds

loveofthegame
He is a very well regarded coach/manager.

I'd take him in a heartbeat. Forget his time at Leeds : he was shat on from a great height and it was only a matter of time before he got binned.

If Luton hadn't gone into administration they'd be in with a great chnace of promotion this season.

Rix was very well regarded as a coach

That's a very unfair assessment of his time at Leeds

Possibly on his initial season, after then buying the amount of player he did in, many of whom were on pretty decent wages by Championship standard and still failing to get promoted, and then leaving them 2nd bottom in the league the following season?

Archived