Just An Idea

MackaysCentreSpot

MackaysCentreSpot

Would it not help the situation with the fixture lists being a joke if from next season make it that Scottish Cup ties are played to a finish on the night and do away with replays.

Or is there some reason they cannot do this.

Would it not help the situation with the fixture lists being a joke if from next season make it that Scottish Cup ties are played to a finish on the night and do away with replays.

They (the SFA) can do anything they like. If the clubs request a rule change then the SFA will take a vote on it. They did away with the replay on the semi-final from this season on (didn't they??) Anyway...they should have gone the full way and changed it for full tournament...

I guess some clubs must still like the idea of the "money spinning" replay...if the clubs wanted it gone, then it would go....

Jambof3tornado

The fixture list has become a joke because of 2 team groundsharing and one team getting extra time off prior to euro ties.

Agree that it would be nice to play till a winner in cup games,I hate replays.:1022:

The fixture list has become a joke because of 2 team groundsharing and one team getting extra time off prior to euro ties.

Agree that it would be nice to play till a winner in cup games,I hate replays.:1022:

Best game I was ever at was a replay - Hearts 1-0 Ranqers - Scottish Cup 13 Mar 1968.

Why not just call it the Mickey Moose cup part 2?

As the SFA cant attract a sponsor we could get in touch with Disney!

This is the Scottish cup for Christs sake.

It is the real cup.

There has always been replays.

Its difficult to win- just ask any hobo.

Lets just play extra time and penalties, to help the old firm out!

Aye right! Are you zipped up the back?

Do you really want to belittle our achievements in winning it twice in the recent past?

I love cup replays. Dark nights, floodlights, big away crowd. Cannie beat it.

Obviously Motherwell wasn't fun but think back to Dundee and Kilmarnock. Classic matches.

I love cup replays. Dark nights, floodlights, big away crowd. Cannie beat it.

Obviously Motherwell wasn't fun but think back to Dundee and Kilmarnock. Classic matches.

Unfortunately Airdrie sticks in my mind:(

MackaysCentreSpot
Why not just call it the Mickey Moose cup part 2?

As the SFA cant attract a sponsor we could get in touch with Disney!

This is the Scottish cup for Christs sake.

It is the real cup.

There has always been replays.

Its difficult to win- just ask any hobo.

Lets just play extra time and penalties, to help the old firm out!

Aye right! Are you zipped up the back?

Do you really want to belittle our achievements in winning it twice in the recent past?

Why would changing the set up and doing away with replays belittle our achievements in winning it twice?

We did not play either of the old firm when we last won the Cup so does that belittle our achievement?

We played Gretna in the final and they took us to penalties. Does that belittle our achievement?

History shows we won the SC in 1998 and 2006 and that's all that counts mate.

Remember it's only the Mickey Mouse Cup when you are knocked out.

I want to see Hearts challenging for all titles in Scotland and that includes the Mickey moose Cup as you call it.

Unfortunately Airdrie sticks in my mind:(

That was a horrible game. Semi Final replays rarely have the same appeal as it's the same arena (usually) but a lesser crowd.

The main problem is not the fact that there have been so many postponed games, it is because of the utter lunacy that is the split after 33 games. That means that they pretty much have to have all of the postponed games played by then in case it impacts on which teams are in the top 6 and which are not.

To do away with replays in the Scottish Cup would be awful. The cup is fantastic because it doesn't matter how rank you are, all you need is a bit of luck and you can go all the way. I remember listening to the draw for the semi finals in 1998 when the teams in the hat were us, Falkirk and the OF. We drew Falkirk - a bit of luck and we went on the lift the trophy.

I hate it when we get knocked out, but at least with a replay you get a second chance.

Sergio Garcia

Its only such a problem this year due to a few factors, obviously one could not be avoided in POD death which caused a fixture backlog, but the others, mainly groundsharing at park which never had the best repuatation for getting games played in times of bad weather, and the fact that a hell of a lot more rain has fell on lanarkshire than previous years have caused the problem to snowball.

Take the fact that unlike Celtic, Rangers didnt get their postponed game played ASAP and that both old firm are still involved in Europe hasnt helped the issue.

Scottish cup replays are not the issue but sadly the powers that be may think that is a way to solve the problem in future.

To me it is easy, dont allow groundsharing, no fixture postponements for National or European ties and a wee pray for better winter weather!

Archived