?243 Million for Kaka / Man City !!! (merged threads)

Griclesfield

Mind Boggling Offer on the table

Pretty much a done deal ...

given the green light to join city

how funny if city get relegated ?

Their chairman could potentially forget kaka and buy out Vlad ....or do both !!

just saw on sky sports that the daily mail had an article based on ?108m for kaka or 'this team'.

Premiership quality team they'd drawn up at a total cost of the kaka transfer. Interesting/amusing to see they had Christophe Berra at the back.

Jambof3tornado

See this is why I would be more worried to be a man city fan than I ever have been as a jambo,coz whilst Vlad has his moments he is trying to get the club turning a profit and doesnt just attempt to buy a league title. If Vlad was to walk away tomorrow we could be bought out, if Man City's owners decided to withdraw funding and walk away they would be ***'d.

Running the risk of sounding like an old biddy, where the hell does it end? This sort of money is just beyond mental. How on earth can people justify that sort of cash?

Being a City fan just now must be quite weird...heady and exciting but there must also be a little part of them that feels nervous about stuff like this, and quite rightly so.

It's interesting to watch for us plebs though. :)

Mind Boggling Offer on the table

Pretty much a done deal ...

given the green light to join city

how funny if city get relegated ?

Their chairman could potentially forget kaka and buy out Vlad ....or do both !!

Football's F*****!!

There's bound to be a cruch shortly...How the Freakin hell can teams recoup that sort of money?? It's not like Man City are a big club world wide...They can't do it on shirt/merchandise sales alone, surely!!

Hope tae fek they get Relagated now...See how they handle that!

Jambo, Goodbye
Football's F*****!!

There's bound to be a cruch shortly...How the Freakin hell can teams recoup that sort of money?? It's not like Man City are a big club world wide...They can't do it on shirt/merchandise sales alone, surely!!

Hope tae fek they get Relagated now...See how they handle that!

You dont need to recoup a single penny when you're a multi billionairre though

Running the risk of sounding like an old biddy, where the hell does it end? This sort of money is just beyond mental. How on earth can people justify that sort of cash?

Being a City fan just now must be quite weird...heady and exciting but there must also be a little part of them that feels nervous about stuff like this, and quite rightly so.

It's interesting to watch for us plebs though. :)

Like Chelsea, the novelty will last a few seasons, then it will wear thin and Man City will be the team everyone wants to beat ala Chelsea.

I see no enjoyment at sitting so far ontop of the rest you can buy them all.

I would see no enjoyment in winning everything all the time.

There needs to be a level of competition, both on the pitch and off it.

To remove that removes an element of spectacle from the game.

You dont need to recoup a single penny when you're a multi billionairre though

Let's hope,For Man City's sake, he doesn't get fed up with his new toy, The way Madfud and, it seems, Abramovich has!!

People wondering about Man City not being a world wide known team. Not being as big as your Man U's and Chelsea's and Liverpool's, This deal for Kaka has just put them up there, the whole world is talking about it, you cannot buy advertising like that, it puts them firmly in the big league with the big boys, and IF Kaka signs you can bet it wont be too difficult to sign any other big name from then on.

Tiberius Stinkfinger
People wondering about Man City not being a world wide known team. Not being as big as your Man U's and Chelsea's and Liverpool's, This deal for Kaka has just put them up there, the whole world is talking about it, you cannot buy advertising like that, it puts them firmly in the big league with the big boys, and IF Kaka signs you can bet it wont be too difficult to sign any other big name from then on.

I dont think it would be difficult to sign anybody with the money they are chucking at Kaka.

It is written that the only stumbling block is the player himself who is deeply religious and has not had a wee nod from the big fella to say "move to Pishy Manchester" yet.

Commendable iam sure.

I reckon if it was any other player apart from their city rivals and the money had been so obscene then the deal would have been done by now.

Jos? Mourinho next i would imagine :D

Disgusting... I hope they get relegated... and Mark Hughes ends up out on his arse on the street!

See this is why I would be more worried to be a man city fan than I ever have been as a jambo,coz whilst Vlad has his moments he is trying to get the club turning a profit and doesnt just attempt to buy a league title. If Vlad was to walk away tomorrow we could be bought out, if Man City's owners decided to withdraw funding and walk away they would be ***'d.

If the owners of MCFC, CFC, MUFC, LFC decided to walk away they would be ****ed too. Prior to Dr Shiniwatra taking over, City were about 90m in the red, the first thing his consortium did was pay off the debt. Don't know what has happened though since the Doc sold his share onto the Arabs.

Bring back the days of the Whitley brothers, Jamie Pollock, Gerry Creaney, Barry Conlon, Lee Bradbury etc, would rather be watching them than Robinho and Kaka. :rolleyes:

the voice from above

Dream scenario- They sign him for ?110 million to join in the summer. Clause in contract says he can leave for ?30 million if they don't qualify for the champions league next season. Then the whole world laughs their arse off when city get relagated this season and he leaves before he even kicks a ball for them!

Where did the ?243 million figure come from?

Anyway, I heard on the bus this morning that the latest offer is ?68 billion + Dubai with Kaka receiving ?1 million a minute. Kaka is currently pondering the offer while swimming from Milan to Manchester.

can we not try and get these guys aong to a hearts game some time soon? see if they want larry for ?20m or berra for ?40m

Surely I cant be alone in thinking that, instead of spending ?120M on Kaka, City would be much better served by buying between 8 & 10 top class players.

Not all transfers work out, & if they did a proper risk analysis, they would realise that in Kaka, they are putting all their eggs in one basket.

One player seldom makes a team, in buying several players,the odds are that, a few of them will be a success.

I suppose if you have the amount of cash that these guys have, it doesn't really matter. But as a business proposition I think it stinks.

bilston angel
Surely I cant be alone in thinking that, instead of spending ?120M on Kaka, City would be much better served by buying between 8 & 10 top class players.

Not all transfers work out, & if they did a proper risk analysis, they would realise that in Kaka, they are putting all their eggs in one basket.

One player seldom makes a team, in buying several players,the odds are that, a few of them will be a success.

I suppose if you have the amount of cash that these guys have, it doesn't really matter. But as a business proposition I think it stinks.

Who says they will not sign another 8 or 10 top class players with the funny money they have, this appears to be the opening shots

jack D and coke
Like Chelsea, the novelty will last a few seasons, then it will wear thin and Man City will be the team everyone wants to beat ala Chelsea.

Who's to say they'll win anything? I dont believe you can buy success in this way, it's a gradual build up. Chelsea threw money at it for a few seasons and they're getting further away from the top prize. Exciting if your a City fan though lets not deny that.

Farcical! They are living in a dream world!

Won't be too long before they get fed up, especially when they continue to fail to become a major force. Still can't see them ever breaking the top four.

siegementality

The theory being put forward in the business world (as per various BBC media outlets) for the whole Manchester City/Abu Dhabi thing, is simply that the consortium who have bought Man City see it as a way of promoting Abu Dhabi.

They realise that the oil, and the money the receive from it, won't last forever and they are heavily investing in tourism. They see their ownership of Manchester City as a way of promoting Abu Dhabi as a tourist destination.

Their plans for the club, and the Eastlands area of Manchester, are meant to be huge, and all the business they are carrying out is all part of the plan to promote Abu Dhabi as one of the worlds best tourist destinations.

Apparently, and here is the most frightening bit, the money for the Kaka deal has been taken from their advertising budget!!! They believe that the initial publicity gained already will make the Kaka deal worth ever penny!

Mental!!!!!, if true!

bilston angel
Farcical! They are living in a dream world!

Won't be too long before they get fed up, especially when they continue to fail to become a major force. Still can't see them ever breaking the top four.

Are you a Man U supporter

Nigel De Jong's apparently set to sign aswell, for ?15m.

Be another very good signing for City imo, atleast they're starting to see the main problems with the team are defence wise.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Gallas and Toure leave Arsenal for Man City too.

Kaka is in the top 3 players in the world along with Ronaldo and Messi. How much would the other two cost? ?75M at least, so ?100M isn't that over the top. In relative terms anyway.

The thing that has surprised me is Chelsea, Man U, Real or Barce matching the asking price but offering Kaka a more realistic wage. Personally I think he'd take that in a second in front of a mid-table Premiership side.

If anything, I think the De Jong deal is even more obscene than the proposed deal for Kaka. a player who is free to elave for less than ?2m in 5 months and they have offered nearly ?15m for him!

It's monopoly money obviously, but the prospect of City paying anyone, even someone as talented as Kaka, over a million pound a fortnight when a lot of the crowd at Eastlands will be out of work by the end of the year is pretty nauseating. the game's roots have been ripped out.

spot on

Are you a Man U supporter

No far from it! If anything Arsenal are my English team, although can't say Im that fussed if they win or lose. Play some of the best football I've ever seen though!

another example of football losing it's working class roots. i mean the worlds in recession & they want to spend that sort of money on 1 guy & pay him ?255,000 a week take home pay. obscene.i hope they end up like leeds utd.

portobellojambo1
The theory being put forward in the business world (as per various BBC media outlets) for the whole Manchester City/Abu Dhabi thing, is simply that the consortium who have bought Man City see it as a way of promoting Abu Dhabi.

They realise that the oil, and the money the receive from it, won't last forever and they are heavily investing in tourism. They see their ownership of Manchester City as a way of promoting Abu Dhabi as a tourist destination.

Their plans for the club, and the Eastlands area of Manchester, are meant to be huge, and all the business they are carrying out is all part of the plan to promote Abu Dhabi as one of the worlds best tourist destinations.

Apparently, and here is the most frightening bit, the money for the Kaka deal has been taken from their advertising budget!!! They believe that the initial publicity gained already will make the Kaka deal worth ever penny!

Mental!!!!!, if true!

This part is certainly true. Unlike certain nations they, and a number of their Arab neighbours, have put a lot of thought into oil, and its continued use worldwide. I was watching a programme the other week, from the UAE, where this was being discussed. The year they mentioned was 2016, this is the year they predict many of the Middle East/Arab countries will either run out of oil or, for many, production will cease, while also stating that advances in other fields will have made it a much, much less needed commodity by then anyway. (Now when is it Scotland is going for independence, 2017 rings a bell, and our future will be based on North Sea oil, beginning to sound a bit dodgy to me)

And as you say they see the way forward as tourism, and are going all out to promote the region. It does seem like ridiculous amounts of money they plan on pumping not only into the team, but the stadium and its surrounds. However I suspect they may have thought this through, the programme also described some of the building projects taking place in Abu Dhabi, and in reclaimed areas of the sea around it, and the money mentioned made what looks likely to be pumped into Man City seem like peanuts in comparison.

Apologies for combining a response in relation to Man City with a loose form of political rant, but it all seemed to tie together.

another example of football losing it's working class roots. i mean the worlds in recession & they want to spend that sort of money on 1 guy & pay him ?255,000 a week take home pay. obscene.i hope they end up like leeds utd.

Here come the Commies!

Kaka has already issued a snub to Manchester City by revealing he prefers rivals Manchester United and Arsenal. (Sun)

Oh dear, Haha!

Archived