Hangovers

Walter Kidd

Are the devils work. I got absolutely bat faced yesterday after being put on gardening leave for 3 months.

I just want to die today. I've never felt as bad as this ever.

Tried so far:

800 mg of Ibruprofen

One fry up

2 litres of iron brew

One pint of fresh orange.

I am now giving up. They get worse as the day goes on as well.

Apart from shooting myself, any other suggestions?

Gavsy Van Gaverson

You are off for 3 months. Just start drinking again.

A simple solution to an age old problem.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

This sounds like a lost cause. Sleep is the only answer.

Although it sounds like a 3 day hangover as well!

Best cure for hangovers are B vitamin pills.I take a few of them the morning after and they soon cure it.

I find lying on the couch curled up in a ball is the only way to get through it.

Sleep is hangovers nemesis.

Carl Weathers

I get shocking hangovers. I usually find it's my stomach gets hit the hardest and I'm always knackered.

Recently started to take 2 resolves when I get in and it has really helped sort out the breadbasket the next day.

Dioralyte always works for me.

As soon as i wake, i double up a couple of sachet's into a tall glass of water, down them, then go back to my bed for another hour or two.

When i wake again, i feel fine.

yput on gardening leave for 3 months.

800 mg of Ibruprofen

One fry up

2 litres of iron brew

Don't think any of the above will do the garden any good tbh.:rolleyes:

I always suffer with hangovers, it's a nightmare, try orange lucozade or just top yourself up with more booze! :P

I usually find sleeping for most of the day helps then I get a chinese meal delivered once i'm back in the land of living:)

The Old Tolbooth
Are the devils work. I got absolutely bat faced yesterday after being put on gardening leave for 3 months.

I just want to die today. I've never felt as bad as this ever.

Tried so far:

800 mg of Ibruprofen

One fry up

2 litres of iron brew

My grass needs cutting if your offering mate :)

I just don't understand people who say they don't get hangovers.

So you wake up after a heavy session and feel the EXACT same as you would if you hadn't had a drink?

Bollox!

My hangovers are horrific and there have been times I genuinely believed I might not make it through the day!!

Carl Weathers

So you wake up after a heavy session and feel the EXACT same as you would if you hadn't had a drink?

Bollox!

My hangovers are horrific and there have been times I genuinely believed I might not make it through the day!!

Real men have hangovers as we drink to excess.

Bollox!

Too true mate.

I actually fear for my health on a hangover. Carls right though, girls don't know the meaning of the word drunk.

;)

North Berwick Jambo

Bollox!

Bollox my a**e, I dont get hangovers!

The more i drink the earlier i wake up feeling like the bloody energiser bunny, it usually takes about 3 or 4 slaps to wake me up before 8am anyway but give me a decent night on the lash & i always find myself up like a shot the next day sitting watching some daft program on tv at 6.30am wondering why the **** i am awake 3 hours before work! Oh & thanks a million to the poster who stuck a thread up about Havana Club! I am almost hooked on the stuff & its bloody lethal!

oh i can drink, many here have met me and could probably testify to that

i do get knackered the next day and like to sleep, but the only real problem i have is the hangover horn!!

Bollox my a**e, I dont get hangovers!

The more i drink the earlier i wake up feeling like the bloody energiser bunny, it usually takes about 3 or 4 slaps to wake me up before 8am anyway but give me a decent night on the lash & i always find myself up like a shot the next day sitting watching some daft program on tv at 6.30am wondering why the **** i am awake 3 hours before work! Oh & thanks a million to the poster who stuck a thread up about Havana Club! I am almost hooked on the stuff & its bloody lethal!

i'm the same, i tend to wake bright eyed and bushy tailed as opposed to waking up like a cavewoman

i do get really whacked as the day goes on though.

think i've had about 3 hangovers in my life, one may have been food poisoning though, and the others is the reason i NEVER touch cider

oh i can drink, many here have met me and could probably testify to that

i do get knackered the next day and like to sleep, but the only real problem i have is the hangover horn!!

5 Smirnoff Ice and a long vodka isn't drinking doll. ;)

5 Smirnoff Ice and a long vodka isn't drinking doll. ;)

i can't remember the last time i had one of those

not my bag baby

lager for the footy, and to start the night off, then its off to see uncle jack ;)

I get killer hangovers - but it's only when I lie in. If I've got to be up for work, I might feel a bit wobbly but there's none of the splitting headache/kidneys feeling like they've been booted nonsense.

It's the getting up and getting some water down you that does the job.

Anyway, that's nae feckin' use to you now. Personally, if I was still hurting at this hour, I would be eating my way through a pint of Guiness or the like. Tis the only cure.

Or if you can face it, get down and do as many push-ups as you can before you collapse in a heap, hurl, or **** yourself.

Seems to do the trick.

The last time I had a horrific hangover was back in August, after spending the previous friday evening with some friends in Mr Busby's pub! It was the Gretna match on the saturday. My friend had given me his season ticket as he was going to Hearts Hospitality for the match. I kept wakening up during the night(after having puked a few times, and with a basin at my side LOL) looking at my watch and thinking that the last thing I wanted to do was get on a supporters bus and go to a football match! It was ****ing rain and freezing to cap it all! Woke up about 8am, went to the loo, then crawled back into bed. Tossed and turned, and dreamt of things like ice cool bottles of irn bru to quench the thirst! LOL! Woke up about 10:30 and managed to drag myself upright. Got a hot cup of tea, and drank lots of water. Took a bottle of water and a plastic bag on the bus! LOL! Was a shell on the bus. Thought I was going to puke on numerous occasions. Just kept drinking water. The steward wouldn't let me into the match with a wee bottle of water, so I downed the lot before I went in! LOL! Was a crap match, got soaked, and was a shell on the way back on the bus! It was a great night the previous night though! and I'd go through it again in a minute! LOL!

If you're drinking excessivley WK, try and remember to drink about a pint of water BEFORE to go to bed. Hangovers are mostly caused by dehydration. Not always easy to remember right enough! ;)

Lynn

That's another thing.

All these folk saying take something before you go to bed??

I'm lucky I make it hame after a session never mind have the sense to take some form of medication!

Dioralyte always works for me.

As soon as i wake, i double up a couple of sachet's into a tall glass of water, down them, then go back to my bed for another hour or two.

When i wake again, i feel fine.

About a year ago, someone at work mentioned to take these after a night on the drink and it seems to work. The thing I do is take one sachet before bed and then one in the morning. Sorted.

For some reason the only food I can eat is either crisps or soup after a night drinking and then as someone else said fire into a Chinese takeaway once the stomach is fine.

That's another thing.

All these folk saying take something before you go to bed??

I'm lucky I make it hame after a session never mind have the sense to take some form of medication!

Its normally the burd thats forcing me to drink it before I sleep. I can never remember. Memory loss is something thats just recently happened at the end of the night.

The first time your drunken cadaver finds the resolve to pour itself a pint of water at 4/5/6/7am when it rolls in, is the time you defeat the hangover.

I managed to force myself into the habit over the last year or so, and while you still feel rubbish the next day, it's an entirely tolerable form of rubbish.

About a year ago, someone at work mentioned to take these after a night on the drink and it seems to work. The thing I do is take one sachet before bed and then one in the morning. Sorted.

For some reason the only food I can eat is either crisps or soup after a night drinking and then as someone else said fire into a Chinese takeaway once the stomach is fine.

Aye, Dioralyte is the way forward as you get older.

I bet you don't have the equivalent of 20pints and get up at 6.30am!

;)

20 pints ! .... that's just a moothwash........... try going for a real drink !

I got absolutely bat faced yesterday after being put on gardening leave for 3 months.

Are you sure you weren't drinking heavily to forget about LUFC's latest humiliation - this time at the hands of Tranmere? :)

As for a hangover cure, I always find a pint of milk works for me.

have a berroca before bed and then when you wake up in the morning, have done it the last few times i have been out and it really eases the hangover, turns you pee bright orange tho!

If you can, two pints of water and two paracetamols before bed.

And check this out:

In the morning, pour a serbret dib-dab into a bottle of lucozade and use it to wash down a packet of salt & vinegar crips.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I give you my hangover cure*

*Sort of

Buffalo Bill

I P Knightley
If you can, two pints of water and two paracetamols before bed.

And check this out:

In the morning, pour a serbret dib-dab into a bottle of lucozade and use it to wash down a packet of salt & vinegar crips.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I give you my hangover cure*

*Sort of

Buffalo Bill

I'd pay to see that one in action.

The vom, I'd assume, is spectacular - something like the fireworks from the castle?

Dioralyte, if I can keep it down, helps for me. Lucozade on top after a wee while for the Dioralyte to do its trick.

Small boys thinking it's funny to jump on a prostrate Daddy's tummy and listen to the variety of anguished groans is NOT a hangover remedy.

Enjoy your 3 months garden leave. I had similar a couple of years ago and hadn't realised how much I needed it.

I P Knightley
Thanks mate. Feel a bit better today - 18 holes at Aberdour should blow the cobwebs away.

Bacon roll before. Golfer's grill after. You'll be right as rain and all set for another session!

Excessive drinking causes the blood vessels in the brain to shrink : that's why you get a headache. Drink plenty of fluids : not Lucozade or any fancy 'rehydration' fluids (which are not as effective as some folks think).

I usually take cocodamol (sp?) effervescent tabs or something with caffeine in it.

Then off to McDs for a recovery meal.

PS Lucky barsteward. 3 months off !!

Say What Again

I was told years back by an alcohol counsellor that the only things that will slightly help a hangover are: lots of water to rehydrate yourself, sugar to get your sugar levels back up (she suggested a cup of sugary tea) and some fruit or fruit juice.

She added that the only thing that would make it go away was more drink.

Thanks mate. Feel a bit better today - 18 holes at Aberdour should blow the cobwebs away.

Wish I was playing Aberdour today, looks dry for a change and the sun is out. Currently working in Rosyth so just along the coast.

I was told years back by an alcohol counsellor that the only things that will slightly help a hangover are: lots of water to rehydrate yourself, sugar to get your sugar levels back up (she suggested a cup of sugary tea) and some fruit or fruit juice.

That's a pile of ******.

Stupid do-gooding bint probably hasn't had a hangover in her arid life.

How many folk here have had to drag themselves to football, rugby etc. of a Saturday morning feeling like absolute gash, only to feel relatively fine ten minutes into the game once you've ran it off?

Dunk-Section G

Have a few drinks, maybe only 2 or 3 and you will feel better after that.

Dont hit it hard though as the next day you will feel horrendous!

Say What Again
Stupid do-gooding bint probably hasn't had a hangover in her arid life.

Funnily enough the first thing I asked her was if she drank. She said she occasionally had a glass of wine when out for a meal. So you're probably right, she hasn't had a hangover.

I was guessing she was talking more from a medical point of view rather then experience :P

scottish_chicP

I always drink lots of sweet tea then a huge fattening chinese when I can stomach it. That and lying on the couch watching football is my usual sunday :D

Archived