So Now Who Holds the Key to Hearts Future?

dumbojambo

The submission of the planning application moves us into an interesting new scenario in which the fate of Hearts, an Edinburgh institution owned by a foreign entity, somewhat ironically has now returned to Edinburgh itself, in the form of the City Council. I suspect Romanov or UKIOS won't hang around if the redevelopment plans are killed off. Interesting times ahead, but when is it otherwise?

The submission of the planning application moves us into an interesting new scenario in which the fate of Hearts, an Edinburgh institution owned by a foreign entity, somewhat ironically has now returned to Edinburgh itself, in the form of the City Council. I suspect Romanov or UKIOS won't hang around if the redevelopment plans are killed off. Interesting times ahead, but when is it otherwise?

Well, I am sure that if it does not go the way we Hearts fans want it to, then the people concerned can kiss goodbye to their political careers at election time.

Carl Fredrickson

I think that any major problems will have been sorted prior to the app being submitted.

A few wrinles top iron out and then I reckon it will be full steam ahead.

Forever the optimist me.

Thunderstruck
Well, I am sure that if it does not go the way we Hearts fans want it to, then the people concerned can kiss goodbye to their political careers at election time.

Absolutely! Politicians and their officials need to be reminded that they are Public SERVANTS.

I think a wee reminder to the SNP that they wouldn't need to lose more than a couple of seats to lose their majority would be timely right now.

Ward 7 Sighthill/ Gorgie

Electorate - 24, 717

Votes cast - 12,232

Turnout (%) - 49.5

Nick Elliott - Canon Scottish National (SNP) 3785

Eric Milligan* Scottish Labour 3145

SO - only 640 people in Gorgie would have to get annoyed by a rejected planning permission for the SNP to lose a council seat.

Leith has a large SNP margin so they don't need to keep the Hobos happy on this one.

It would appear that if the SNP lost one seat they would lose the council:

Seats by Party

Seats by Party Total

Scottish Labour Party 15

Scottish National Party (SNP) 12

Scottish Green Party 3

Scottish Liberal Democrats 17

Scottish Conservative and Unionist 11

Just a thought...

(source)

http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/internet/Council/Elections/Elections_2007_(hidden)/Results/results_May_2007/CEC_election_results_2007

Archived