Bank Charges and moving banks!

Praha06

Right heres the deal.

Available balance on Wednesday was ?15.86 and on Thursday a direct debit for ?16 came off making my balance 14p over my agreed o/d limiit. I then got paid on Friday.

I then get a letter from the bank telling me they were charging me ?35 for them having to pay my direct debit. They went onto to tell me they were also charging me ?28 for me going over my agreed o/d limit.

I mean we are talking 14 measly pence here and I am being penalised ?73 for it. I called them to appeal it and they upheld the charges.

It was Bank of Scotland by the way. I officially hate them.

So my next question is, can anyone reccomend a decent bank to transfer all my services to? Cos I certainly aint staying with **** of Scotland for much longer!

Right heres the deal.

Available balance on Wednesday was ?15.86 and on Thursday a direct debit for ?16 came off making my balance 14p over my agreed o/d limiit. I then got paid on Friday.

I then get a letter from the bank telling me they were charging me ?35 for them having to pay my direct debit. They went onto to tell me they were also charging me ?28 for me going over my agreed o/d limit.

I mean we are talking 14 measly pence here and I am being penalised ?73 for it. I called them to appeal it and they upheld the charges.

It was Bank of Scotland by the way. I officially hate them.

So my next question is, can anyone reccomend a decent bank to transfer all my services to? Cos I certainly aint staying with **** of Scotland for much longer!

All the 14p's add up

And good luck finding a bank who dont do the same

The fact is if its a first offence phone them and explain and they will likely give you it all back

I'd reccomend switching to Royal Bank of Scotland, mate. I work in branch myself and i'd say, in terms of Bank Charges, we're the best on the highstreet for our handling of them. 9 out of 10 times we'll refund the charge when it's deemed unfair. We also give customers until 3 O'Clock on the day the Direct Debit comes off to put money in, before the charge is incurred.

chester copperpot
I'd reccomend switching to Royal Bank of Scotland, mate. I work in branch myself and i'd say, in terms of Bank Charges, we're the best on the highstreet for our handling of them. 9 out of 10 times we'll refund the charge when it's deemed unfair. We also give customers until 3 O'Clock on the day the Direct Debit comes off to put money in, before the charge is incurred.

Jobsworth :laugh:

All the 14p's add up

The fact is if its a first offence phone them and explain and they will likely give you it all back

RBS dont do the same, well to the same extent. HBOS do tho.

RBS dont do the same, well to the same extent. HBOS do tho.

They do, i can assure you.

And to Andy, **** your HSBC! :laugh:

chester copperpot
They do, i can assure you.

And to Andy, **** your HSBC! :laugh:

Where's that middle finger smilie ;)

All the 14p's add up

Well it wasnt a first offence but the first offence for a good good while. I did call them and they told me to politely go feck myself.

Well feck them!

Go and chat to Andy, he works at 'The World's Local Bank'. :laugh:

Aye, local my erse when you've got to hit Princes Street, walk in and there's nae human-beings in sight... only automated machines!

Theres always Ukios Bankas ;)

Nah I dont fancy the idea of paying money into my account and then not having a clue where its actually dissapeared to!

Nah I dont fancy the idea of paying money into my account and then not having a clue where its actually dissapeared to!

So you don't bank with anyone in the UK then.................;)

I thought banks were not allowed to dish out charges at the moment due to the upcoming court cases? I was under the impression that they just bounce what you try and pay if you dont have it

I thought banks were not allowed to dish out charges at the moment due to the upcoming court cases? I was under the impression that they just bounce what you try and pay if you dont have it

Nope, you can definately still claim in Scotland.

Claims are suspended South of the border.

Almost every bank will do the same.

Do a search and find one of those standard letters to claim back bank charges. Fill in your relevant details and BAM!

If it's only 14p and they're charging you over ?70 for it, it'd look mighty daft if it got to the court stage.

crazy_jambo_2006

If you haven't had a charge back for a year, go into a Branch and state your case. Policy is one a year, I think. Phoning is all well and good. But easier when speaking to someone in a Branch.

Cardiac Rucksack

HBOS are ****ing shocking for bank charges, they also have easily the worst customer service of any of the highstreet banks. Move to RBS they have been nothing short of fantastic for the last 18months I have been with them and have never had a problem. Couldnt be more pleased. I hope HBOS got tits up soon. The b*stards:mad:

Walter Payton
HBOS are ****ing shocking for bank charges, they also have easily the worst customer service of any of the highstreet banks. Move to RBS they have been nothing short of fantastic for the last 18months I have been with them and have never had a problem. Couldnt be more pleased. I hope HBOS got tits up soon. The b*stards:mad:

Stop overdrawing your account then! What's good customer service in your book?

"Don't worry sir, we know you've again spent money you've never earned but we'll pay your bills for you. Hopefully you'll get some money in your account again sometime soon..."

Archived