Tall Back Next Week

Chad Sexington

Will he play?

He wont sign, so will he be frozen out.

SF may pick the team, but VR still decides who should be left out of the squad.

The big questions:

1) Will he return, or be left out?

2) If he returns, whose place will he take?

The second, in particular, is worth debating.

chester copperpot
Will he play?

Possibly, and wouldn't want him in just now with Kari and Berra forming a good CH partnership, however would gladly punt Robbie to the bench for him playing RB.

Possibly, and wouldn't want him in just now with Kari and Berra forming a good CH partnership, however would gladly punt Robbie to the bench for him playing RB.

I'd play Tall at RB 100 times from 100 ahead of Neilson, even if he was injured!

Chad Sexington

Tall has hardly put a foot wrong for Hearts when he has played in the centre this season.

I would drop either of Berra or Karipides to accommodate him...even if he is only here for the rest of the season.

ScottishSandstorm

Seems like he'll be a back-up when he returns. He has to pass Kancelskis, McGowan, and Zaliukas just to considered again.

chester copperpot
Tall has hardly put a foot wrong for Hearts when he has played in the centre this season.

I would drop either of Berra or Karipides to accommodate him...even if he is only here for the rest of the season.

I totally agree with you re: Tall, probably my MOTS so far for hearts, my worry is that we change it when its fairly settled, it'd be like our season to go tit's up when he's back.

Stick him at RB, punt Robbie, there's the solution.

if like so many say, our season is over then what is the point in playing Tall given he is almost certianly off in the summer? surely we'd be better playing someone who's going to be involved in the future rather than throw them in cold next season. i know it's depressing to be talking of next season in early Feb but is there that much to gain from Tall coming back in just to leave a few months later?

ScottishSandstorm
if like so many say, our season is over then what is the point in playing Tall given he is almost certianly off in the summer? surely we'd be better playing someone who's going to be involved in the future rather than throw them in cold next season. i know it's depressing to be talking of next season in early Feb but is there that much to gain from Tall coming back in just to leave a few months later?

Exactly. McGowan would surly be the better option then. But I don't think all is lost so I could see him playing again.

If our season is as dead as some people say, surely we should be looking to prepare for next season, which will be without Tall...

Nucky Thompson

2) If he returns, whose place will he take?

The second, in particular, is worth debating.

I would drop Neilson in a second:cool: Tall in the centre with Berra and Karipidis at RB:dribble: I think 99% of Hearts fans would go for that scenario.

Tall is undoubtedly one of if not the best defender at the club, so if he was to sign a new contract then great, but otherwise seems like playing him would be merely to justify his pay and would hinder the development of others i.e mcgowan.

I would pick Tall and Berra. Karipidis has looked good but if I was pressed to decide, Karipidis would be the one to drop out. However, if Tall is 100% leaving in the summer, it wouldn't do communications and football understanding any harm if Karipidis was left in the team to bed in with Berra.

Chad Sexington
If our season is as dead as some people say, surely we should be looking to prepare for next season, which will be without Tall...

There isn't a huge amount of points separating Hearts from the top 4.

Surely it's not inconceivable that Hearts could go on a run of good results to put ourselves in contention?

Hardly the glorious climax to the season we were after I grant you but surely you have to play your best players to give yourself a crack at it?

chester copperpot
Tall is undoubtedly one of if not the best defender at the club, so if he was to sign a new contract then great, but otherwise seems like playing him would be merely to justify his pay and would hinder the development of others i.e mcgowan.

I agree with you there.

If we've to lose Tall in the summer, would welcome a wee stint of McGowan being as back up to Kari and Berra, with him getting some time.

If he was to sign a new contract, which isn't going to happen, then fine.

I would pick Tall and Berra. Karipidis has looked good but if I was pressed to decide, Karipidis would be the one to drop out. However, if Tall is 100% leaving in the summer, it wouldn't do communications and football understanding any harm if Karipidis was left in the team to bed in with Berra.

So thats the common sense approach.

and what probably should happen.

So Id expect to see him back in the squad for next week then....

Will he play?

That old chestnut. For someone supposedly "frozen out" he was playing pretty regularly until he was injured playing against Falkirk. About 6 weeks seems about right for a hamstring injury.

That old chestnut. For someone supposedly "frozen out" he was playing pretty regularly until he was injured playing against Falkirk. About 6 weeks seems about right for a hamstring injury.

Ok, I missed the question mark out from my point.

I was asking if that might be the case.

Not saying I thought it was.

ScottishSandstorm

We should have sold him if we weren't going to play him! Now we are paying wages for him to get fit for another club!

Guest JamboRobbo
We should have sold him if we weren't going to play him! Now we are paying wages for him to get fit for another club!

Agreed.

Holding onto players that don't wanna stay is stupid.

Refusing to play players who are out of contract is like cutting of our nose to spite our face.....

But I need a whole new word to describe the stupidity of holding onto them AND refusing to play them. It's the worst of all worlds.

We get no money in, we continue to pay out wages to him, we have an unhappy player in the squad (which can affect morale), and we field a weakened team each week by refusing to play him.

Utter Madness IMO.

You were doing well until you said we would get him fit. :)

I totally agree with you re: Tall, probably my MOTS so far for hearts, my worry is that we change it when its fairly settled, it'd be like our season to go tit's up when he's back.

Stick him at RB, punt Robbie, there's the solution.

Indeed. His best position is centre back. But lets not break up the very promising Berra/Karapidis partnership.

And even though Tall is not amazing at RB he is certainly better than Neilson. As you say Andy68 - sorted !!

There is no doubting Tall's class.

Sadly, his entire stint here has been representative of the stupid and cynical politics that has scarred the last two years and four months.

I'd play him. But come August 2008, it's better that we just move on.

Buffalo Bill

Archived