Motherwell v Dundee

Sexton Hardcastle

Its Off again !

Turning into a farse now...not that it concerns us

It is a farce, the fact that what is meant to be a top flight football venue cant cope with a bit of rain and cold.

However, i cant help being somewhat pleased with all the postponements as we are one of the few clubs that haven't been affected. Whilst many of our rivals will be forced to play just about every 3/4 days for a few weeks, we will have a relatively normal fixture list, therefore having more time to keep our players fresh.

Just a thought. Maybe I am clutching at the straws of optimisim!

Fir Park is an absolutely terrible stadium, it really doesn't surprise me its the third time this games been called off, i hate Fir Park

Fir Park is an absolutely terrible stadium, it really doesn't surprise me its the third time this games been called off, i hate Fir Park

Agreed. It's like the roads at Carter Bar and Cammachmore ... always first to be closed because of bad weather. I remember the game at 'well when Gilles Rousset was sent off - the pitch was barely playable because of flooding. And another one soon after where the game was abandoned at half time ... because it was so wet.

cobbyshambles

they should definitely move the venue,it's making a mockery of the spl this season with all the called off games.

When are they next gony play a game,god it always rains loads in Feb so its just gony get worse,theyl still be playing their games in July at this rate

skotskosparta
It is a farce, the fact that what is meant to be a top flight football venue cant cope with a bit of rain and cold.

Was a game not recently postponed at Tynecastle? :eek:

Its Off again !

Turning into a farse now...not that it concerns us

well... motherwell have a lot of games to fit in now, and as we're chasing them i'd say it helps us.

Agreed. It's like the roads at Carter Bar and Cammachmore ... always first to be closed because of bad weather. I remember the game at 'well when Gilles Rousset was sent off - the pitch was barely playable because of flooding. And another one soon after where the game was abandoned at half time ... because it was so wet.

I remember the game that got abandoned at half time very well, I mind Rousset coming out at the start of the second half and standing in a complete mudbath of a penalty box with a big grin on his face! Gilles Rouset-Legend

2nd time is it not?

2nd time is it not?

Yup, second time for this match but 3rd Motherwell game in a row at Fir Park postponed due to the weather.

ToadKiller Dog

just seen the pictures of mcghee mopping up on fir park ,no so called top flight pitch should have that level of water sitting on its surface after the rain has stopped.

The same way that teams were forced by the spl to put in under soil heating ,well should be made to improve drainage over the summer.

in the case of this cup game it should be moved to dens pk.

I think Pat Nevin said on the radio last week when he was at fir park the drainage was damaged and 50 years old, but they didn't have the money to replace so done what they had to do.

The fixtures are a joke now.

Mind you, that was a terrible January for weather.

Shock: Scotland has ****e weather in January

It's the fact they have played twice the games this season with Gretna playing.

On SSN they had some stats for this. Ths time last year Motherwell had played 14 games at Fir Park. This year, with the inclusion of Gretna there has been 26 games played. On the weather front January has seen a 75% increase in rainfall in Lanarkshire. The weather isue aside surely Motherwell should

(a) Have budgeted some of the revenue from Gretna for pitch maintanence due to increased use of the surface and

(B) How por must their drainage be - The weather has not been great here but my game at Jack Kane of all places is on tomorrow!

While I am not calling for fines, punshments for Motherwell, surely there comes a point where the Home Team becomes responsible for their surface especially when Motherwell have stated they won't relay the surface this season.

The Old Tolbooth
Was a game not recently postponed at Tynecastle? :eek:

1 game in 15 years Scott, unlike Motherwells 6 games a season.

I'd kick the barstewards out the league like. ;)

Archived