SFA dismiss McGregor appeal!

jonnyboy

Probably not as it was a clear foul.

Have to disagree.God did I just say that? When the tackle was made I too thought it was a clear foul, and the ref called it right. However IF contact was made it was minimal and Sheilds made the most of it. Hubs players don't dive( not) That said I am not in the least sorry that McGregor or Rankers for that matter had a player dismissed.

I thought it was much the same as the Hearts-Celtic game in January 2006 - with Shiels playing Maloney's role, and McGregor playing Takis'.

I Gordon Smith changing things at the SFA????

Hell, no. They're just lulling us into a false sense of security. :ninja:

It was difficult to tell from the television coverage I've seen and I heard that they were hinting that their own stuff might prove to be inconclusive so I was convinced it was going to be another escape for him. Very glad it wasn't and I hope it's the first of many red cards for the bad tempered bugger.

Guest Dipped Flake
Hell, no. They're just lulling us into a false sense of security. :ninja:

It was difficult to tell from the television coverage I've seen and I heard that they were hinting that their own stuff might prove to be inconclusive so I was convinced it was going to be another escape for him. Very glad it wasn't and I hope it's the first of many red cards for the bad tempered bugger.

That's what I don't understand. rangers said that after going over their tv pictures, it was inconclusive, so why appeal??? IMO, referee had no option but to send magregor off but shiels definately made the most of it

That's what I don't understand. rangers said that after going over their tv pictures, it was inconclusive, so why appeal??? IMO, referee had no option but to send magregor off but shiels definately made the most of it

Mmm. Presumably McGregor was insisting that he was innocent and therefore if their own stuff was inconclusive, it was worth testing the water to see if the SFA had anything better. They were just chancing their arm.

I don't know for sure, but I guess that any club would appeal a red if there was any teeny wee bit of doubt involved.

but Super Ally said after the game that you could clearly see that macGregor made contact with the ball.

yeh? That will be shining bright ya tube

I thought it was much the same as the Hearts-Celtic game in January 2006 - with Shiels playing Maloney's role, and McGregor playing Takis'.

You really do have a problem seeing anything properly. :wacko:

Maloney going away from goal and not in the middle, Shiels through on goal on the edge of the box slap bang in the middle.

CornhillHearts
You really do have a problem seeing anything properly. :wacko:

Maloney going away from goal and not in the middle, Shiels through on goal on the edge of the box slap bang in the middle.

Presuming he means in terms of the type of tackle/contact or lack therof as opposed to the position the tackle took place.

Presuming he means in terms of the type of tackle/contact or lack therof as opposed to the position the tackle took place.

Obviously!

I Gordon Smith changing things at the SFA????

ha ha ha ! good one.

of course nothing is changing - it's just if they let MacG away with it, then they may have to grant hearts an appeal at some point...

and we can't have that now can we as that would indicate the refs are against us! :rofl:

gorgie rd eh11

Rangers can now claim that decisions go against them, forcing referees and their assistants to "even things up" giving them everything for the next 100 years. Just like the previous 100 years.

Nucky Thompson

Cyclops was falling over about 10 feet before he reached McGregor, he knew what he was doing:cool: Cheating little scrott, playing up to the fact he's only got one eye.

He was 1 on 1 with a minute to go why would he dive.

I thought you could only appeal on violent conduct anyway.

i have looked at it over and over and sorry to say but Mcgregor did take the ball first!!!!! but that is only IMO everyone else has their own one. Sheils is a cheating wee scrote proved when he took out Gordon in the derby.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
Rangers can now claim that decisions go against them, forcing referees and their assistants to "even things up" giving them everything for the next 100 years. Just like the previous 100 years.

Maybe the simple explanation is that they didn't know who McGregor plays for? But give it a wee while, until they do realise....

A "semi-final draw"-type error will announced. It appears that the whole thing is the Presiding Officer's fault .... we've looked at the evidence again .... referee not to blame.

Result? Red card rescinded. Good boy - have a good game on Saturday.

Paranoia? Aye, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong. ;)

i have looked at it over and over and sorry to say but Mcgregor did take the ball first!!!!! but that is only IMO everyone else has their own one. Sheils is a cheating wee scrote proved when he took out Gordon in the derby.

There wasn't sufficient contact on the ball to merit Rangers reason for appealing the red. Happens too often in Scottish football the belief being that contact with ball is no foul.

The only way the decision would have been overturned if Rangers claimed Sheils had dived. And that evidence is inconclusive as well.

It was however, very good goalkeeping. If he had been less aggressive, Sheils would have scored and Rangers out the cup. Professional

We however, get players sent off for arguing with their own fans; (minorly)putting hands on players faces when the ball is out of play; throwing imaginery elbows when the ball is nearly out of the park, going away from goal.

Totally unprofessional.

Archived