Branimir Kostadinov in national team again

jamboBG

Branny will play again for the bulgarian national team, but now for U-19. They will play in tournament with professional clubs. The tournament is start on 14.02 until 22.02 in City of Albena.

HIER is the full programm. You can read the programm only when you have a bulgarian-english translator

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's good news Mister BG :)

Make sure you keep us updated on how things go.

While you're here, have you heard anything much about the new signings - Robert Adam and Dylan McGowan?

jamboinglasgow

well done Branny, the Bulgarian coaches finally see sense and pick him, though I take it this is the U19's or is it the U21's?

Good news ! I hope Hearts send someone to watch him play against pro teams :)

Great for him to have time with the Bulgarian lads :thumb:

He is overated and his brothers threads won't make him a better player

Hes a month off being 19, given what he costs us it would be worrying if the wasnt in the u19 squad

He's nowere near the first team and given his age and hype thats extremely dissapointing and concerning

I fear hes going to dissapear without a trace once his deal is up

PortobelloMaroon

Branny will never be a first team player at Hearts.

He is too lightweight, gives the ball away a lot and doesn't score enough goals.

He is a great kid but is not good enough to hit the first team...

Gary Glen (although injured) is head and shoulders above him, and younger.

He is overated and his brothers threads won't make him a better player

Hes a month off being 19, given what he costs us it would be worrying if the wasnt in the u19 squad

He's nowere near the first team and given his age and hype thats extremely dissapointing and concerning

I fear hes going to dissapear without a trace once his deal is up

What his brother putting a thread up got anything to do with how good a player he is?

How much did he cost us?

You must be a bit of an idiot if you fall for hype.

ScottishSandstorm

Branny is going to be great. If Hearts will give him a shot he will repay the faith. How can people write him off without even seeing him play in the first team? He is class for the U19s and I believe he will progress into a great player.

His brother annoys me

Hes on here blaming hearts in the past for his being dropped to the u21's and suggesting we are damaging his career or not helping it enough when we suggest a loan, yet all the time his brother isnt even our best u19 striker

And I dont fall for hype, ive been saying he wont make it for ages now, im just fed up of people who havent seen him building him up when its clear he wont make it

His brother annoys me

Hes on here blaming hearts in the past for his being dropped to the u21's and suggesting we are damaging his career or not helping it enough when we suggest a loan, yet all the time his brother isnt even our best u19 striker

And I dont fall for hype, ive been saying he wont make it for ages now, im just fed up of people who havent seen him building him up when its clear he wont make it

IN YOUR OPINION

and his brother annoys you? Boo feckin hoo. I know who I'd rather have posting on the board anyway.

ScottishSandstorm

Wow this just in: His brother is a little biased. Let him be. It is NOT CLEAR he won't make it. I think some people could have an argument for Mole and Elliot but to say that about Branny is ridiculous. Branny IS our best U19 striker. Who is better? Maybe Glen but he has a broken leg.

PortobelloMaroon

Templeton, Glen, are both in front of Branny and both are younger, he had potential but has not progressed as well as Hearts hoped.

He is not good enough to be in the first team squad...thats a simple as that!

I have watched all but one U19 game this season, and he has not been and is not the best striker, he is far from it.

Darren Murray can be seen losing his cool with him at least twice a game when the ball bounces off him or he tries the impossible ball....again

If we didn't have money tied up in him he would be on his way...simple as....

His brother annoys me

You have a big opinion for yourself.

Templeton, Glen, are both in front of Branny and both are younger, he had potential but has not progressed as well as Hearts hoped.

I have watched all but one U19 game this season, and he has not been and is not the best striker, he is far from it.

Darren Murray can be seen losing his cool with him at least twice a game when the ball bounces off him or he tries the impossible ball....again

Templeton is 2 months older than Branimir.

Branny is a bright light in the dark tunnel that is currently HMFC.

He might be lightweight. He might actually never play.

But at the moment, what he offers in a the chance to wonder how good things might be.

And as for his brother, he is a breath of intelligent and unbiased and unbiggoted fresh air on this forum that is more normally inhabited by stirrers, clowns and opinionated fools of which I must include myself.

They do no harm.

In fact they bring a positive to the club that is suffering in the mire of negativity that cerain posters do very well to promote.

So right now im thankful for Branny and JamboBG.

His brother annoys me

In your professional opinion, of course.... :rolleyes:

If you find him annoying, why bother replying to his threads? This one had no mention of Hearts being to blame for anything, yet you feel the need to wade in and dish out your own 'truths' on a thread that was designed to do nothing other than keep us informed about a young Hearts player?

I don't know whether you're just a really nasty wee brat or if it's all about the attention controversy generates for you, but your attitude stinks.

That's just beautiful.

JamboBG has been nothing but informative, friendly and courteous since he has been on the board.

If you don't rate his brother fair enough, but to insult Svet just for posting about his brother - information that is of interest to most Hearts fans - is beyond the Pale.

Well I've seen enough of Branimir to know he could do very well with some good coaching. He has explosive pace and he's a good finisher, he just needs to work on his short game and control really. He's 18, so I'm going to consider the fact he could possibly improve as time may well be on his side ?

But at the moment, what he offers in a the chance to wonder how good things might be.

And as for his brother, he is a breath of intelligent and unbiased and unbiggoted fresh air on this forum that is more normally inhabited by stirrers, clowns and opinionated fools of which I must include myself.

They do no harm.

In fact they bring a positive to the club that is suffering in the mire of negativity that cerain posters do very well to promote.

Well said ,couldnt agree more ...

ScottishSandstorm

1. I think Branny is better than Templeton and defo Glen at the moment (ouch). But that's my opinion. You don't hear me crying for either of them to be cut loose.

2. I'm glad it's just that simple and you can see hie entire footballing future:wacko:

3. NO! Hearts hold onto players for a while... Are you sure about that?

I'm sorry but I think Branny will make it. I have my sources and I know he is a great person with a great future ahead of him in football and life.

Guest JamboRobbo

Watch out the apologists will be along just now to tell you how Branny is the greatest thing since sliced bread etc etc.

Though shalt not criticise.

PortobelloMaroon

I agree that Branny's brother should not have any comments directed towards him.

But I read some riduculous comments regarding Branny on here...he is not in the top 5 better players of the U19's, he can't even command a regular game in the reserves.

Please open your eyes, go and watch him then make your own opinion....

if we hadn't spent money on him, no one would have heard anything from him as he is not a "shining light" in the yoiunger age group as some people make out...

don't pin your hopes on a false dawn....

1. I think Branny is better than Templeton and defo Glen at the moment (ouch). But that's my opinion. You don't hear me crying for either of them to be cut loose.

2. I'm glad it's just that simple and you can see hie entire footballing future:wacko:

3. NO! Hearts hold onto players for a while... Are you sure about that?

I'm sorry but I think Branny will make it. I have my sources and I know he is a great person with a great future ahead of him in football and life.

Templeton plays right wing at the moment anyway, does he not?

Room for all three, surely - the competition is important for development.

Watch out the apologists will be along just now to tell you how Branny is the greatest thing since sliced bread etc etc.

Give it a rest man.

Well I've seen enough of Branimir to know he could do very well with some good coaching. He has explosive pace and he's a good finisher, he just needs to work on his short game and control really. He's 18, so I'm going to consider the fact he could possibly improve as time may well be on his side ?

that alone is enough to be a success in the spl imo.

cant believe anyone having a go at BG, he's hardly going to come on here and post 'my brothers pure crap and will never make it for hearts, in fact **** it i dont care i hope he rots in hell and im never going to post anything on here again'.

BG is a great poster, and the only person on here who offers ANY insight into what happens at the club imo. In fact if it was up to me BG would be given the managers job, even if it is just so Branney gets a game every week.

Templeton plays right wing at the moment anyway, does he not?

Room for all three, surely - the competition is important for development.

Darren Murray has played three up front on occasion, which has worked well. Templeton on right wing, Glen on the left and Branimir in centre forward, and they can switch positions during the game. When they play well, Hearts tend to win. But Templeton's weakness is he's too greedy, he tries to beat players repeatedly when the simple pass will do. I've listed Branimir's faults, Glen is much the same as Templeton but a bit more of a team player and not quite as quick as the other two, but probably technically a better player.

It's also been said as well, a reason for Branimir not being as well developed is because of the work permit issues. He only started to play a year ago, because he was playing in the amateurs until he got a work permit. That can't have helped.

Sometimes they go 4-4-2 which is really 4-2-4 with Rocky and Templeton on the wings.

How was Glen coming on in terms of physical stature before his injury?

He seemed very small when he came on against Dundee United.

blondejamtart

They do no harm.

Well said - whether Branny actually makes it or not (and I'm on the side of those who reckon he probably will!), JamboBG has contributed a great deal to this board - keeping us up to date with his brother's progress even before he arrived here. He's provided us with a wealth of information, for which many of us have been very grateful. How many of us would have been able to go on to a Bulgarian website and make similar posts, for example, if the situation had been reversed?

Captain Canada

It's very unfair to level such harsh criticism at an 18 year old player. How many of the posters on here are scouts? I know I'm not but I'm prepared to give an 18 year old player every chance to develop. Even if he doesn't play for the first team til he's 21, he will still be a young guy. A decent training regime might help for a start, hopefully a new manager will sort things out off the pitch too.

How was Glen coming on in terms of physical stature before his injury?

He seemed very small when he came on against Dundee United.

A lot bulkier, looked like he'd had a small growth spurt over that summer. Sometimes these players aren't going to get any bigger anyway - doesn't mean they won't make it. I think Hearts are trying to change the way the entire club plays and approaches football from the youth system upwards. Not as many big cloggers. Watch the U19s vs Gretna or something, they've got big hoofers who throw their weight around where Hearts now have players trying to move it around. They've got a very quick team.

Commander Harris

How would rating Kostadinov make someone an apologist? who/what for?

CornhillHearts

Gary Glen is injured growing pains called slatters (spelling?) so cannot be compared to anyone just now as likely out for season, but on last seasons form is a far better player than Branny.

Lithgow is apparently on his way back after operation.

A lot bulkier, looked like he'd had a small growth spurt over that summer. Sometimes these players aren't going to get any bigger anyway - doesn't mean they won't make it. I think Hearts are trying to change the way the entire club plays and approaches football from the youth system upwards. Not as many big cloggers. Watch the U19s vs Gretna or something, they've got big hoofers who throw their weight around where Hearts now have players trying to move it around. They've got a very quick team.

Of course, I wasn't suggesting that if he hadn't grown, he'd be on the scrapheap - that goes without saying.

Just thought he looked a little too physically weak to be given first team football at that point, and expected him to be stronger by now (injury notwithstanding).

Templeton, I think, should be given a Glen-style taster soon, at the very least. He is the one who has experience of playing against big strong guys in the Third Division, and hopefully his month's loan was to get him match fit for an introduction.

These kinds of things would make supporting the team worthwhile at the end of a dire season.

I think i'll wait until I see Branny in action myself before passing judgement.

If he is lightweight then give him time to fill out and build his strength.

JJ & BB openly admitted they were VERY close to letting Gordon leave the club in his teens because he was too short and too lean, now he's 6ft 4+ and built like an olympic swimmer.

I think there are more pressing issues at Hearts than criticising a young footballer who is widely admired in the eyes of proper football people.

Gary Glen is injured growing pains called slatters (spelling?) so cannot be compared to anyone just now as likely out for season, but on last seasons form is a far better player than Branny.

Lithgow is apparently on his way back after operation.

I'm fairly sure that happened to Steven Gerrard as well, didn't it?

Not the end of the world for a player's development, anyway.

Of course, I wasn't suggesting that if he hadn't grown, he'd be on the scrapheap - that goes without saying.

Just thought he looked a little too physically weak to be given first team football at that point, and expected him to be stronger by now (injury notwithstanding).

Templeton, I think, should be given a Glen-style taster soon, at the very least. He is the one who has experience of playing against big strong guys in the Third Division, and hopefully his month's loan was to get him match fit for an introduction.

These kinds of things would make supporting the team worthwhile at the end of a dire season.

Of course, I know you. ;)

Adding a few youth players to the squad would certainly make it more interesting.

Guest JamboRobbo
How would rating Kostadinov make someone an apologist? who/what for?

It's more the stick for anyone who dares to say they don't rate him that does it for me.

Only on kickback could good news about one of our players getting called up to their youth national team result in a pointless argument

Commander Harris
Only on kickback could good news about one of our players getting called up to their youth national team result in a pointless argument

nah, happens everywhere unfortunately. Seems to be the nature of internet messageboards.

It's more the stick for anyone who dares to say they don't rate him that does it for me.

Where's this 'stick'?!

As far as I can tell, the only one to get any was Prancer - and that had nothing to do with whether he rates Branny or not....

This is the 2nd or 3rd third today on which you've mentioned apologists too. I'm starting to get a complex.

Archived