New manager - god help us!

lost in leith

There are not many things that would make me stay away from Tynecastle, but his appointment would be one of them.

Big difference between being a nations manager and working full time at club level.

Would be a good appointment,although aint going to happen.

Well he did win the EURO 96 and did OK at the only club he managerd - Bayern Leverkusen. Couldnt be all that bad. Certainly better than the current situation

Geoff Kilpatrick

Why would Vogts make anyone stay away? Yes, he isn't very good but he'd still be an improvement on anything we've had since George was propping up the bars of Edinburgh.

Tin hat on!!

Would be a great appointment!

:rofl: your a funny man and you know nothing about football management as your post shows.

BangkokHearts

Vogts layed the building blocks for the current Scotland team and is in part responsible for our good showing in EURO Qualifying.

On the down-side he is questionable tactically and the press would have a field day.

It would be another circus appointment IMO.

Horatio Caine

Maybe I missed it, but where in that article does it say anything about him coming to us?

Scaremongering IMO.

Maybe I missed it, but where in that article does it say anything about him coming to us?

Scaremongering IMO.

Glad I am not the only one that never seen the mention of him being a candidate, but it is safe to say no new manager could keep me away, I put with TommyMclean:eek:

john brownlee

our new manager's team is still in the African cup

:5643::5643::5643::5643:

Mind you, saying that I have noticed that berti has some experience of British football

As a previous poster pointed out he (berti) did pave the way for the present scotland team, even after smithy and macliesh got their grubly little hands on it. Well thats another story as you well know what I think of the GFA select.

sekra blue

our new manager's team is still in the African cup

:5643::5643::5643::5643:

Mind you, saying that I have noticed that berti has some experience of British football

As a previous poster pointed out he (berti) did pave the way for the present scotland team, even after smithy and macliesh got their grubly little hands on it. Well thats another story as you well know what I think of the GFA select.

sekra blue

Who is it then?

how do you know? is it a hunch or you been told by someone?

Berti paved the way for the next managers? baws, he just picked youngsters like Mcfadden and Fletcher out of desperation, these guys would have became international players regardless.

If Berti paved the way as some say, then where are Scot Dobie, Kevin Kyle, etc?

He's a joke of a manager, he's failed at every job he's ever had and became a laughing stock anywhere he goes.

Victor Meldrew

I do find it hard to believe that people would be outraged at the appointment of Berti Vogts who on the whole has a decent(ish) record and yet would be delighted by the appointment of Craig Levein, whose greatest achievement in management is mediocrity.

Whilst Berti failed as Scotland manager, Levein didn't exactly cover himself in glory in the English Championship, did he? Only one of them has ever won any trophies as a manager, and it ain't Levein.

Eh....he is miles better than what we have had previously and what we currently have.

It would be a funny appointment as I am sure we would get a lot of stick but would there be a better way to be successful than having Berti (Mc)Vogts bring that success.

rudi must stay

may be a good appoitment actually. Look how well Sven has done at Man City, he didn't do that well in International football either ;)

Just imagine the haunted look on the GFA's face if Berti signed on - would almost be worth it.

The flip side, of course, is the xenophobic press would have a field day - a German AND some Lithuanians at Tynecastle - mein Gott it must be stopped!

The flak dished out to Vogts as national manager would pale into insignificance, and it would make their 'campaign' against Le Guen look like praise.

Sod it - on the basis that it would p!ss off 90% of those who wish us ill-will - let's sign him up!

Someone starts a thread which includes a link about Vogts. The link says NOTHING at all about him being linked to the Hearts job.....

Cue numerous posters passin comment on whether he'd be a decent manager for us....

The "story" ends up growing legs and is covered in the national press the day after the thread appears on jkb....

Thats how it works isn't it?

As long as he doesn't bring in that **** Burns - he's the one I really blame for Berties problems in charge of Scotland.

Victor Meldrew
I cannot comprehend that some fans think Vogts would be a good appointment.

He is a complete and utter LOSER.

Given that his team WON Euro '96, he can't be a 'complete and utter' loser, can he?

Given that his team WON Euro '96, he can't be a 'complete and utter' loser, can he?

Yes, he can.

He's still seen as a joke figure in Germany despite winning that tournament.

I wouldn't wish Bungling Berti on Hibs.

Yes, he can.

You don't mean that!

Has he managed a club side before? If so, did they have any kind of success? I am not so sure he would be a good shout though, damaged goods IMO.

The big thing is that any bad press that surrounds the club due to Saulius Mikoliunas would be magnified ten fold if we hired Vogts IMO.

Yes, he can.

spot on, apart from the hibs bit.

that team that won euro 96 won it because it was awesome.

Sammer, Hassler, Moller, Klinsmann, plus a young chap called Bierhoff coming through...

as you say other than that he was a complete failure and is considered a joke in Germany.

spot on, apart from the hibs bit.

that team that won euro 96 won it because it was awesome.

Sammer, Hassler, Moller, Klinsmann, plus a young chap called Bierhoff coming through...

as you say other than that he was a complete failure and is considered a joke in Germany.

The Hibs bit was just to try and emphasise my point.

I think I'd soil myself with happiness if he was ever appointed Hibs manager.

:D

Victor Meldrew

In his only season of Club Management, Leverkusen qualified for the Champions League. He can't be all that bad.

Has he managed a club side before? If so, did they have any kind of success? I am not so sure he would be a good shout though, damaged goods IMO.

The big thing is that any bad press that surrounds the club due to Saulius Mikoliunas would be magnified ten fold if we hired Vogts IMO.

"After some time out of managing, he was appointed manager of Bayer Leverkusen in November 2000. The following May, despite earning Bayer Leverkusen UEFA Champions League qualification, he was fired. He became manager of the Kuwait national team in August 2001."

In his only season of Club Management, Leverkusen qualified for the Champions League. He can't be all that bad.

That is obviously not bad. However, I neither know how competitive the German League is, ie how many true challengers there are, nor how that season panned out. On it's own though, it is not a bad one season as club manager.

Again though, if Hearts, having VR at the top and SM on the right wing add Berti Vogts as manager we will truly be marked for death.

"After some time out of managing, he was appointed manager of Bayer Leverkusen in November 2000. The following May, despite earning Bayer Leverkusen UEFA Champions League qualification, he was fired. He became manager of the Kuwait national team in August 2001."

However, if that is the case, I wonder how well placed Leverkusen were when he arrived. Graham Rix kept us in contention for a Champions League place in his tenure.....

However, if that is the case, I wonder how well placed Leverkusen were when he arrived. Graham Rix kept us in contention for a Champions League place in his tenure.....

aye exactly, think this may well have been when they were genuine contenders and Ballack was there, not sure though as i dont have a great knowledge of German fitba either.

They finished Bundesliga runners-up in season 99/00, then Berti took over. His "achievement" was to get them into the Champions League by finishing 4th in 00/01.

Victor Meldrew
CLR? :confused:

Just guessing, but Claude Le Roy, Ghana manager. Not a rumour I'd heard, butI'm not very well connected these days....

claude le roy,

non starter imho; he's an african football luvvie & very very knowledgeable of it.

could pick up a job there easy peasy.

has a 2 year renewable contract signed in sep 2006.

portobellojambo1
Vogts laid the building blocks for the current Scotland team and is in part responsible for our good showing in EURO Qualifying.

I am no big fan of international football so maybe one of those that do follow the national team regularly would be better placed to comment, but even I am amazed by the above.

Unless of course you mean that he laid the building blocks and is part responsible for our good showing by being so s h i t hopeless that the SFA got rid of him, and replaced him with someone better.

he gave craig his debut

also james mcfadden. good points.

but he also gave kevin kyle and robbie stockdale caps.

Tin hat on!!

Would be a great appointment!

Tin Hat - get a nuclear shelter,

Why does the word suicide come to mind?

If you think we get a hard time from the press just now it would be a million times worse if Vogts was appointed.

He would be seen as a 'joke' appointment.

Not that it'll happen.

Archived