U19s vs Rangers (Youth Cup)

Ryan Gosling

Is at Tynie next weekend.

So for those who are interested in seeing the youth team, there's a good chance for you.

Is that next weekend as in Celtic away. What time is KO? might be a bit hard to get through to the weej if KO is too late.

portobellojambo1
It's on the Sunday.

Is this game on Sunday 10 February TF, or Sunday 17 February, ignore that just looked at official site (which is what I should have done initially)

chester copperpot
Sunday 17. They play 'Well on Saturday 9 at Riccarton.

Times KO on sat, will pop down with the wee fella before the big team play if the weathers decent.

A must for next sunday.

jamboinglasgow

what time is the match on saturday at Riccarton? I have a indoor rowing competition at Heriot-Watt though race isn't till 4, I could arrive early and watch the match.

chester copperpot
what time is the match on saturday at Riccarton? I have a indoor rowing competition at Heriot-Watt though race isn't till 4, I could arrive early and watch the match.

11am, just checked the website.

Indoor rowing WTF is that.

I'm assuming its on those machines, rather than an indoor river being built :laugh:

jamboinglasgow
11am, just checked the website.

Indoor rowing WTF is that.

I'm assuming its on those machines, rather than an indoor river being built :laugh:

yeah, its on the machines though would been funner if it was a boat indoor. Though to be honest I'd rather just jump on a boat outside. But back to footy I think I will try and go along early to the 'burgh to watch them as I keep meaning to.

chester copperpot
yeah, its on the machines though would been funner if it was a boat indoor. Though to be honest I'd rather just jump on a boat outside. But back to footy I think I will try and go along early to the 'burgh to watch them as I keep meaning to.

Bring your brolly.

chester copperpot
Any idea what time KO is on Sunday 17th @ Tynie?

No announcement on the official site as yet, will probably be later in the day than 11am though.

Well I hope so, lets me have a longer lie on the sunday.

jamboinglasgow

this is to do with the U19's. Looking at the squad lists of the U17's, U16's and U15's Scotland squad on the SFA website something stood out for me, Scott Robinson was in all of them, he was the only 15 year old in the 17's. Played for the Hearts U19's in the youth cup against a premier league youth side (gretna), this boy may be good in the future, lets hope Hearts develop him well as I hear good things about him already.

also for all those interested hearts players in these squads (dont quite know when these squad lists are from)

Scotland U17

Michael Deland (defender)

Daniel Thomson (Midfielder)

David Love (striker)

Scott Robinson (Striker)

Scotland U16

Scott Robinson (Striker)

the U16's are in the middle of a tourament and have drawn against Spain and Portugal so far, they are playing Norway tonight. But a great note, Scotland drew 2-2 against Spain and both goals came from Scott, he came on as a sub.

Scotland U15

Craig Pender (Midfielder)

Scott Robinson (Striker)

Just thought I would post this out of interest

this is to do with the U19's. Looking at the squad lists of the U17's, U16's and U15's Scotland squad on the SFA website something stood out for me, Scott Robinson was in all of them, he was the only 15 year old in the 17's. Played for the Hearts U19's in the youth cup against a premier league youth side (gretna), this boy may be good in the future, lets hope Hearts develop him well as I hear good things about him already.

also for all those interested hearts players in these squads (dont quite know when these squad lists are from)

Scotland U17

Michael Deland (defender)

Daniel Thomson (Midfielder)

David Love (striker)

Scott Robinson (Striker)

Scotland U16

Scott Robinson (Striker)

the U16's are in the middle of a tourament and have drawn against Spain and Portugal so far, they are playing Norway tonight. But a great note, Scotland drew 2-2 against Spain and both goals came from Scott, he came on as a sub.

Scotland U15

Craig Pender (Midfielder)

Scott Robinson (Striker)

Just thought I would post this out of interest

It does look like we have a player on our hands and he seems to be held in high regard arund Tynecastle and Riccarton.

Although we need a decent coach to make sure he does not stagnate like many others.

jamboinglasgow
It does look like we have a player on our hands and he seems to be held in high regard arund Tynecastle and Riccarton.

Although we need a decent coach to make sure he does not stagnate like many others.

From what I hear we have great coaching in the youths, what we do need is a manager who is good with youth can bring them in well, a sort of Aresne Wenger type manager.

From what I hear we have great coaching in the youths, what we do need is a manager who is good with youth can bring them in well, a sort of Aresne Wenger type manager.

Yeah that is what I meant.....I think.

I don't know too much about the youth coaches but like you said we need a manager who is good at bringing through youth as we have had a few come trhough over the last few of years which we thought were going to be something only to trun out that we want to get rid of them after a short period of time.

Was Scot Robinson the striker that played in the Under 19's at 15 a few weeks ago AND scored?

He certainly is.

Guest JamboRobbo
From what I hear we have great coaching in the youths,

May I ask who you hear this from, and how qualified they are to comment?

what we do need is a manager who is good with youth can bring them in well, a sort of Aresne Wenger type manager.

Finally, the solution to our problems. Get in Arsene Wenger. :)

jamboinglasgow
May I ask who you hear this from, and how qualified they are to comment?

Finally, the solution to our problems. Get in Arsene Wenger. :)

This is what I have heard from the board and there was also a post recently from a guy who's friends son was invited to riccarton to join the U15's and the friend who was a rangers supporter commented that the coaching is much better then murry park where the boy had been before.

I wish, but a manager who's approach is the same as Arsene Wenger would be great.

Might pop in seeing as Tynie is on my doorstep.

Speaking of which, there is already Aberdeen fans loitering in my street, the game isn't for another 2 and a half hours, go to the pub or something you tits.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Might pop in seeing as Tynie is on my doorstep.

Speaking of which, there is already Aberdeen fans loitering in my street, the game isn't for another 2 and a half hours, go to the pub or something you tits.

This should do the trick.

BS-Sniper-01-03.jpg

Guest JamboRobbo
This is what I have heard from the board and there was also a post recently from a guy who's friends son was invited to riccarton to join the U15's and the friend who was a rangers supporter commented that the coaching is much better then murry park where the boy had been before.

So, the assesment that our youth coaches are up to scratch came from nobody that is actually qualified to comment then...... ;)

So, the assesment that our youth coaches are up to scratch came from nobody that is actually qualified to comment then...... ;)

Well seeing as none of us are qualified coaches does that not mean our opinions are valid on the players abilities?

• 2 weeks later...

I'd heard that too - that it was moved to Thursday 28th Feb with an afternoon KO - which makes getting along to watch more difficult if you're working unless you take a half day. Seems a bit of a shame that they have switched it from a Sunday.

According to the Hearts website they are due to play Rangers in the league the Saturday (23rd Feb) before this match.

Archived