mark mcghee

winston churchill

winston churchill

just heard an interview from him on radio scotland.

the reporter just asked him if he has been tapped up for the hearts job.

he tried to talk without giving an answer,when she pushed him again he muttered no.

jambos_4_hibs_0

he tried to talk without giving an answer,when she pushed him again he muttered no.

Not sure if someone has mentioned this on another thread but anyway...

Was sorting out the papers on sunday and on the back page of one of them (cannie mind which one) read "vlad wants mcgee" then had an article just glanced over it and it read something along the lines of vlad will have to wait until the end of the season if he wishes to get the manager of his choice...being mcgee.

If Hearts were to appoint Mark McGhee I'd be fully behind Romanov again.

I wouldn't.

Can't see it happenning ( at least not till the end of the season) - he's made a committment to the Motherwell players that he'll be there until the end of the season.

If Hearts were to appoint Mark McGhee I'd be fully behind Romanov again.

If hearts appointed MM we would pish 3rd in the spl IMO.

winston churchill

alison walker was doing the interview.

he was talking about their scottish cup tie and she slipped in the hearts question.you could hear in his voice that he was not expecting it.

Dougie Masterton
If mark mcghee is the man VR wants and gets then i will happily wait till the summer. However i don't believe he is that man.

;)

Feel the McGhee story has just been given to the press to make it look like Vlad is looking for a manaer. Expect more stories like this to come out up until the Season Tickets go on sale.

bilston angel

I hope this does not give him an opening to sell early discounted season tickets on the the back of this, on a false premise without any confimation or intention to appoint MM. Call me cynical but you have to be when dealing with this man.

Whilst not convinced that we are looking for a manager, I cant help wondering how Mark Mcghee has become Bill Shankly. His record in England is average and based on half a season when the SPL (us in particular) is rank, suggests that maybe he should be judged at the end of the season. Dont think he has done anything yet to get excited about.

Regardless of the fact that I couldn't stand him as a player, I would love for us to get Mcghee.

Buffalo Bill

Regardless of the fact that I couldn't stand him as a player, I would love for us to get Mcghee.

Buffalo Bill

I actually liked him as a player, though he made us suffer on many occasions. :ninja:

I actually liked him as a player, though he made us suffer on many occasions. :ninja:

He was top quality. But he scored an awful lot of goals against Hearts.

Possibly even more than bloody Larsson.

Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill

why ? what's he ever done to qualify as a quality manager.

nothing ! that's right nothing and that's why he's manageing motherwell.

Hearts buy Ronaldinho for ?5m

mitch41: ?5m added to the debt

Dougie Masterton

So who's the answer?

He was top quality. But he scored an awful lot of goals against Hearts.

Possibly even more than bloody Larsson.

Buffalo Bill

honestly, some of you guys just haven't a clue as to who is good enough to manage hearts.

you just have no ambition and continue to scrape the bottom of the barrel.

Dougie Masterton
got you hook line and sinker.;)

you really haven't a clue have you.

No you've got me absolutely stumped.:dribble:

honestly, some of you guys just haven't a clue as to who is good enough to manage hearts.

Hey Mitch i generally look forward to your threads as I generally agree with them;) but who do you think Hearts can realistically attract after the last 2 years of the Romanov Circus:confused:

Names like McGhee, levein, JJ are deemed possibles but give us some clues as to who you would like to manage our great club:eek:

It isnt enough appointing a manager

That manager needs an appropiate budget, decent players, freedom, a top team

You could give ferguson kurskis, and ivaskevicius and he wouldnt be able to do anything

Whilst I would support mcghees appointment, thats only if he is allowed to be a manager, as opposed to the company yes man

Dougie Masterton
Hey Mitch i generally look forward to your threads as I generally agree with them;) but who do you think Hearts can realistically attract after the last 2 years of the Romanov Circus:confused:

Names like McGhee, levein, JJ are deemed possibles but give us some clues as to who you would like to manage our great club:eek:

He doesn't have a clue. He's just mumpin his gums again.

Pipe doon, Mitch.

Buffalo Bill

Drylaw Hearts

The only problem I see with employing Mark Mcgee is that he'd drop us like a hot tattie as soon as something else comes up.

The only problem I see with employing Mark Mcgee is that he'd drop us like a hot tattie as soon as something else comes up.

correct. i can't belive my wee friends have so little ambition with wanting mark mcgheeeeee.

who do you want and pipe down they say, hearts are a great club and hearts deserve a great manager and the motherwell manager just doesn't fit the bill.

now men who are ambitious and who know about the modern game are showing that they are on the up manageing teams all over the uk and europe and you want me to name someone better that magheeeeee. :P

ToadKiller Dog

Yes we could all name people better than Maghee, lets say Tony Pulis at stoke 4th in championship ,what do you have to offer him at this moment to leave them and come to us

9th in the spl,how would we convince him?

correct. i can't belive my wee friends have so little ambition with wanting mark mcgheeeeee.

who do you want and pipe down they say, hearts are a great club and hearts deserve a great manager and the motherwell manager just doesn't fit the bill.

now men who are ambitious and who know about the modern game are showing that they are on the up manageing teams all over the uk and europe and you want me to name someone better that magheeeeee. :P

You're getting yourself all upset. I just Mcghee would do well.

Just chill.

Ok, who do you want then, Mitch?

Dazzle me.

Buffalo Bill

You agree McGhee would leave when a better offer came along. Presumably even though he isn't good enough for us a better offer would come along.:confused: You think we should go for someone better than McGhee. Presumably you don't think this amazing manager would leave us if a better manager came along?:confused::confused:

I hope this does not give him an opening to sell early discounted season tickets on the the back of this, on a false premise without any confimation or intention to appoint MM. Call me cynical but you have to be when dealing with this man.

We're surely not going to fall for that one two years running are we ? I'm certainly not.

Thats my only reservation. As soon as Strachan has had enough McGhee is a shoe in for the Celtic job, no matter who he is managing at the time or what his contract says.

Thats my only reservation. As soon as Strachan has had enough McGhee is a shoe in for the Celtic job, no matter who he is managing at the time or what his contract says.

I rekon that might have tony mowberys name on it!!

Jamie_the_Jambo

I dont think McGhee would be a good choice but would be happy to be proved wrong.

His record at Motherwell is nothing great. He came in and did well initially. Just like squareheid JC did at Fester Rd. All new managers sweep with a new brush remember and players initially respond. So for me he has still to prove himself.

I wanted Michaelenchenko (wrong spell there) but he didnt happen. I then thought a great shout was Terry Butcher but seems thats passed to.

So now Im not sure but hope Vlads comes up trumps.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Yep, that's pretty much my take on it.

Are media leaks and empty promises enough to sell the required amount of season tickets? Unfortunately .... yes.

People who buy their season ticket before a manager is in place should get a free stamp that says 'MUG' and put it on their foreheads.

The Puppeteer
Yep, that's pretty much my take on it.

Are media leaks and empty promises enough to sell the required amount of season tickets? Unfortunately .... yes.

People who buy their season ticket before a manager is in place should get a free stamp that says 'MUG' and put it on their foreheads.

You wouldn't call them devoted fans then?

You wouldn't call them devoted fans then?

Yes they are devoted to the point of obsession. I can understand why that happens to football fans but many of us have got to the stage where we need to be sure that the club is going to do what is says its going to do before we

renew. Thats what I'll be doing.

Yes they are devoted to the point of obsession. I can understand why that happens to football fans but many of us have got to the stage where we need to be sure that the club is going to do what is says its going to do before we

renew. Thats what I'll be doing.

Obsessed with Hearts, surely not. :eek:

I will be renewing my ST no matter what happens however if McGhee is apointed manager I would be extatic!

festerlehearts

there will be no scottish manager at hearts thats for sure

jack D and coke
Feel the McGhee story has just been given to the press to make it look like Vlad is looking for a manaer. Expect more stories like this to come out up until the Season Tickets go on sale.

The cynic in me agrees with that. We get bucketloads of dung everytime it gets closer to ST renewals. I'd be happy with McGhee. Don't think it'll happen though.

Only if they are buying that season ticket on the premise that they believe a rumour that Mark McGhee, for example, is to be appointed as manager.

Personally i shall probably renew regardless. Not because I agree with what is happening, but simply because I go to watch Hearts on a Saturday afternoon and usually the quicker you renew the better deal you get.

Even enduring the dross we have done over the last two seasons is better than shopping with the Missus:p

ToadKiller Dog

Are the media,Mcghee part of this conspiracy to defraud hearts fans of there money?.

Does this conspiracy run all the way to the top in fact to the Whitehouse?.

Archived