elvis - assistant scotland manager

hoody_06

I think his contract is up in the summer, so it will be interesting to see what he does next. I believe he seems quite keen to continue playing, but I heard a rumour a while back that him and McCann could go into management together.

It's a part-time role, as is Butchers. Makes no difference to his ability to play still.

That said - even tho he finally got his back operation done at the start of the season - I wouldn't be surprised to see him hang the boots up in the summer. He's struggled with it for years and it's the sort of injury that can affect quality of life in retirement.

I think his contract is up in the summer, so it will be interesting to see what he does next. I believe he seems quite keen to continue playing, but I heard a rumour a while back that him and McCann could go into management together.

Certainly both of them are good mates.

Guest Dipped Flake

Good luck Elvis, everyone in football appears to be of the same opinion about him, he is destined to be a great coach/manager. Would love to see him back at Hearts in the future but I presume that would have to be after Vlad

Billy the Jambo

I think its a good move by Burley to make Elvis his assistant hopefully he will learn a lot from Burley and in a couple of years time if not sooner he will become the Hearts manager

chester copperpot
I think its a good move by Burley to make Elvis his assistant hopefully he will learn a lot from Burley and in a couple of years time if not sooner he will become the Hearts manager

Never going to happen whilst the loon is still here.

Ah, you did say in a couple of years, so might be possible.

Guest S.U.S.S.

Elvis the Hearts Manager!:eek::eek:;)

Not gonna happen

blondejamtart
Good luck Elvis, everyone in football appears to be of the same opinion about him, he is destined to be a great coach/manager. Would love to see him back at Hearts in the future but I presume that would have to be after Vlad

Couldn't have put it better myself! :thumb:

Agree

:bravo:

Agree completely.

Pressley would be a gash manager. You get around 15 mins at half-time, can you imagine the team talk? He would probably get about 5 words out.

Not gonna happen

Thank goodness for that. I hope he never darkens our door again.

As regards being a good manager I hope none of his players calls a press conference when things don't go their way - even if they do believe it would be in the best interests of the club.

Is it no a bit ironic that he's going to be coaching the 2/3 defenders he can't even get past in the Celtic pecking order? Or is that just my bitterness thinking? :D

Thank goodness for that. I hope he never darkens our door again.

As regards being a good manager I hope none of his players calls a press conference when things don't go their way - even if they do believe it would be in the best interests of the club.

oh my god your so last year (said in a bitchy American girls voice )

ps hope it goes well for the man especially as it will get him employed and away from that mob

just wish paul would retire or go somewhere else so i can get my signed picture off him doing the 3 fingers at hampden back on the wall

i think he'll do well.

he's a good leader and a dedicaterd footballer, and while i felt like he'd punched me in the stomach after THAT game i stillhope he does well.

would have loved things to be different and that he could have stayed with us as a player/coach. cutting down his appearances while he learned the management side of things.

After a few years, Campbell Ogilvie will have talked Vlad into a reconciliation and Elvis can come back to his natural home - after he has apologised to the fans for his chest thumping display in front of the Mhanks of course.

good luck to elvis,he will always be a legend in my eyes(although the sooner he gets out of darkheid the better)and would welcomed back at tynie by most jambos.

Magic for him...hope he gets the chance in the future to ram it up Vlad...never mind him, but where have we gone since he left.....all down hill!!!!!

Guest Dr Venkman

Well done Elvis. A true Hearts legend. Hopefully will return to Hearts in some capacity in the future. We've been lost without him. Appallingly treated by fans and board alike. Always conducted himself with dignity and put the club first. I only hope when he does retire we do the decent thing and put his banner back up.

Miller Jambo 60

Not gonna happen

More chance of me being the Hearts manager at least i wouldnt slag the gorgie boys with chest thumpin .

Elvis mind and buy burley doubles:o

Bungalow Bill

It's a tough one, I want GB to do well but I want Pressley to fail big time. His chest thumping antics will never be forgotten, espescially after I applauded him onto the pitch while he was wearing a celtic strip!

ps hope it goes well for the man especially as it will get him employed and away from that mob

just wish paul would retire or go somewhere else so i can get my signed picture off him doing the 3 fingers at hampden back on the wall

I've got the same pic in bubble wrap in the attic , i cant bring myself to put it up whilst he his playing for these manky ***** , still one of the best games of my life though:)

good luck to elvis. he was a fantastic captain of hearts and played with pride, loyalty and honour for our club something romanov and his puppets could never come close to emulating.

Elvis will do well but I don't see the value in Butcher. A disaster in Sydney and kicked out of Brentford. He's lucky to have any job. Can't believe he had to think about taking the job.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
i think he'll do well.

he's a good leader and a dedicaterd footballer, and while i felt like he'd punched me in the stomach after THAT game i stillhope he does well.

would have loved things to be different and that he could have stayed with us as a player/coach. cutting down his appearances while he learned the management side of things.

Hijacking a press conference to lead a dressing room revolt was stupid. All he had to do was keep his mouth shut and get his transfer without losing it in public. How can he impose himself on other players as a coach or manager if he thinks that is an acceptable way to behave.

Having said that, I guess anyone can make a mistake. Lets hope he learns from it.

fair enough subs, but i still think after all has been said and done, that he did it with the best of intentions at the time.

yes things went tits up from there on in, but at the time, i don't think there was any malice in it

i agree though with the statement that i do hope he's learned from it

Archived