Screpis (merged threads)

alwaysthereinspirit

alwaysthereinspirit

Not sure when he last played but was with a Vlad owned team who knew he was coming here. Couldn't they have kept him ticking over a little better. This fitness thing drives me nuts.

A player signing for hearts who's not actually fit to play........................???? Neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Not sure when he last played but was with a Vlad owned team who knew he was coming here. Couldn't they have kept him ticking over a little better. This fitness thing drives me nuts.

He played his last game last month I think against St Pete'g in Russia.

Commander Harris

not necessarily FBK's fault. If the player was only interested in playing for Hearts and didn't apply himself over in Kaunas then it's not a surprise that he is not fully fit.

chester copperpot

Surely it must be water off a ducks back now no?

Nothing surprises me with the joke of a backroom staff that we have running our football club.

He played his last official game exactly 3 months IRC. How come people are surprised? :confused:

Thats the point mate - I dont think ANYONE is surprised....

Doesn't Lithuania have the same league calendar as Norway, Sweden, Russia et al? Hence, Screpis' lack of match-play?

Billy the Jambo
So he will be fit for the start of next season then !! ;)

He will still be quicker than Nade at getting fit thats for sure

ToadKiller Dog

Again a Drama out of nothing read Frails bit on him ,he is not injured ,frail just thinks he is not match fit,to spin it the other way it could mean that since frail has taken over he has demanded a higher level of fitness in the first team,even Nade looks a we bit sharper.

not necessarily FBK's fault. If the player was only interested in playing for Hearts and didn't apply himself over in Kaunas then it's not a surprise that he is not fully fit.

Well to be fair having gone back to the Arge at the end of Lith season, Hearts completely ignored him until, seemingly around 48 hours before the end of the transfer window.

So instead of honouring his contract and having him here from the end of the Lith season / 1st Jan - keeping fit and getting used to Scottish football, it was left until the last minute, by which time his MATCH fitness is spent.

I'd imagine it will be at least 2 or 3 weeks until he pushes for a squad place...

Guest JamboRobbo

If that is the case, bringing him to HMFC earlier in the window to start his training might've been a bit more sensible that ****ing him around till the last possible moment like we did?

You're attempts to justify anything that smells Kaunus'y do make me laugh tho. :)

Commander Harris
If that is the case, bringing him to HMFC earlier in the window to start his training might've been a bit more sensible that ****ing him around till the last possible moment like we did?

You're attempts to justify anything that smells Kaunus'y do make me laugh tho. :)

All I'm saying is it's not Kaunas' fault, It's Hearts' fault.

you seem to agree so I don't understand your last comment.

Guest JamboRobbo
All I'm saying is it's not Kaunas' fault, It's Hearts' fault.

you seem to agree so I don't understand your last comment.

If I believed for one second that anyone at Hearts had any influence over when, and whether or not Screpis arrived, I'd agree with you.

But I think we all know that decision was made from Lithuania end (i.e. Vlad)....

Commander Harris
If I believed for one second that anyone at Hearts had any influence over when, and whether or not Screpis arrived, I'd agree with you.

But I think we all know that decision was made from Lithuania....

When I say Hearts I mean Hearts all the way to the top.

If Hearts were going to sign him they should have done month ago, that's my point.

Guest JamboRobbo
When I say Hearts I mean Hearts all the way to the top.

Bottom line - Vlad and Malofud made the decision, and got it wrong. Again.

As far as I'm concerned, when I talk about Hearts I mean up to Frail and Ogilvie.

Once we get to Lopez, Malofud, Korobochka, Vlad etc, that isn't Hearts IMO, thats Kaunus.

And everything from Lopez upwards it a bit Kaunusy IMO.

Commander Harris
Bottom line - Vlad and Malofud made the decision, and got it wrong. Again.

JR, we're in agreement! All I was saying in my original comment was that it wasn't Kaunas that were to blame with poor training/not keeping him fit etc(as the OP seemed to suggest) but the whole way in which we went about signing him.

Commander Harris
Well to be fair having gone back to the Arge at the end of Lith season, Hearts completely ignored him until, seemingly around 48 hours before the end of the transfer window.

So instead of honouring his contract and having him here from the end of the Lith season / 1st Jan - keeping fit and getting used to Scottish football, it was left until the last minute, by which time his MATCH fitness is spent.

I'd imagine it will be at least 2 or 3 weeks until he pushes for a squad place...

indeed, the way his contract situation was handled was stupid and counterproductive.

i dont think he'll play for Hearts personally, regardless of how good he is - donth think VR will take kindly to his behaviour, threatening legal action etc.

chester copperpot
i dont think he'll play for Hearts personally, regardless of how good he is - donth think VR will take kindly to his behaviour, threatening legal action etc.

And I think you are right.

To be fair the guy could have made an effort to keep himself fit. Unless, as you say, he's got Vlad flu already which would not be a complete surprise seeing as how he had to threaten us with legal action to even get here.

Commander Harris
What does Malofeev have to do with this?

not much. Think he's managing in cyprus IIRC, although that may have changed.

not much. Think he's managing in cyprus IIRC, although that may have changed.

Well apparently he decided Screpis was to come over on the 31st. Strange.

ScottishSandstorm

Eh. He looks good but there are a lot of close misses and saves in there. Hopefully this video isn't like Pospisil's. Looks great but then... cough.

It would appear after watching that the S in his surname is silent.

Or were the commentators telling us he was crap and p--s at the same time

the guy in that clip would easily get a game for us.

whether screpis would is another thing.

Commander Harris
Yet another player who some people will have already made up their minds up about.

as I said on another thread, he gets a clean slate from me :)

Yet another player who some people will have already made up their minds about.

Exactly. Just because they're South American doesn't mean they'll be brilliant. I give you Pinilla as a classic example.

Exactly. Just because they're South American doesn't mean they'll be brilliant. I give you Pinilla as a classic example.

:biggrin:

alwaysthereinspirit

What are you saying? That he's not brilliant. Give the guy a chance, he's only just getting acclimated to the heavier air down here at sea level. Another 4 or 5 years and he'll be ripping the p!$$ out off Scottish 2nd division players.;)

Brilliant stuff Frail/Vlad.

Sign a player in January who might be fit and raring to go by pre-season.

Why bother?

If we knew he was coming here, why not bring him over here after the Lithuanian season finished and let him do some light training with the squad? Common feckin sense escapes this bunch o muppets.

If he's as good and as high quality as Frail makes him out to be, then he can bolster the squad now and gain fitness through playing. Give him a feckin chance to prove himself. Got to wonder if Ruben had been given the chance earlier in the season would we be in as much sh*t now? Another piece of genius man management.

Short on fitness - bollocks. He's a professional athlete for god sake.

Can we have a manager now please?

He looked more than useful in the friendly against Austria Vienna and set up a goal. I think the reason he was moved to Kaunas first was to help them in their European games with the promise of a move to Hearts at the first opportunity after they got knocked out.

Archived