Bednar has signed for WBA??

Tazio

In the Independent match report today it mentions that Bednar is a WBA player now.

"Bednar's move to the Hawthorns nearly collapsed before it was finally completed 15 minutes before the transfer deadline and now appears to be one of the shrewdest pieces of business outside the top division"

Is there something in this? Nobody else including the BBC etc seems to have picked up on this.

Walter Bishop
In the Independent match report today it mentions that Bednar is a WBA player now.

"Bednar's move to the Hawthorns nearly collapsed before it was finally completed 15 minutes before the transfer deadline and now appears to be one of the shrewdest pieces of business outside the top division"

Is there something in this? Nobody else including the BBC etc seems to have picked up on this.

Maybe the original loan deal in August, im sure it was completed very late on???

Do they not mean last summer's transfer window ?

Maybe the original loan deal in August, im sure it was completed very late on???

I think you're right. I've re-read the article and the summer window is mentioned a couple of paragraphs before. A combination of bad writing by the journalist and bad reading by me.

D'OH!

He won't have signed permanently. A player with 3 years left on his contract, banging them in every week in a decent league and still only 24. Vlad would never sell him :eek:

He won't have signed permanently. A player with 3 years left on his contract, banging them in every week in a decent league and still only 24. Vlad would never sell him :eek:

Hans007

AS YOUR NEXT POST IS YOUR 1000TH... you can reply and confirm that a cheque for ?30 is on its to me for taking the bet about Boozy. I am ?30 down.

Cheers

:)

Hans007

AS YOUR NEXT POST IS YOUR 1000TH... you can reply and confirm that a cheque for ?30 is on its to me for taking the bet about Boozy. I am ?30 down.

Cheers

:)

1000th post :)

Sorry pal, failed the medical big time. Knee is fecked again. I'll send a ?30 cheque payable to PTBCAL and send it to Tynie ticket office.

1000th post :)

Sorry pal, failed the medical big time. Knee is fecked again. I'll send a ?30 cheque payable to PTBCAL and send it to Tynie ticket office.

:thumb:

Here is what old monkey head has to say about it

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/7210617.stm

West Brom boss Tony Mowbray on striker Roman Bednar:

"Roman is a typical centre forward. He is big, strong, fast and brave.

"He scores goals and he has a great humility. He has no edges to himself and he doesn't think he is better than he is, he just gets on with his game and that is a great quality for a player to have to not realise how good they are sometimes.

"We are delighted he is here and delighted that he keeps scoring goals for us. There is a deal in place to sign him at the end of the season. That will kick in and he will become our player after we pay Hearts some money."

What seems to be slightly unclear is the price. Has it been fixed already or will Vlad be able to spank the monkey for a good old wedge?

Archived