George Foulkes

Julio

column in todays EEN is worth a read. He makes some worthy points.

1. Why is it taking us so long to appoint a manager?

2. If Levein was offered the job it is likely he would accept.

3. Who had responsibility for looking at new signings? With Screpis being only one in that it doesn't point to Shag gy being in the driving seat.

Is that the only points that he's making? It's hardly exactly anything that anyone with half a brain couldn't have told you.

Except the bit about Levein, that is. What's he basing that on?

Is that the only points that he's making? It's hardly exactly anything that anyone with half a brain couldn't have told you.

Except the bit about Levein, that is. What's he basing that on?

Hes been told CL is likely to accept the job if it were offered to him. As for the half a brain bit then why do some on here say give him to the summer to appoint. There is no rush etc. The usual tripe. :rolleyes:

Hes been told CL is likely to accept the job if it were offered to him. As for the half a brain bit then why do some on here say give him to the summer to appoint. There is no rush etc. The usual tripe. :rolleyes:

The "half a brain" bit was key.

I'm quite sure everyone at Hearts is well aware how ****ed off we fans are, and how bad the football has been in the last 18 months.

The crunch time will be season ticket renewals.

We had a reported 21,000 applications in 2006.

Let's see how many we'll sell in 2008.

Tick tock, and all that.

Buffalo Bill

Victor Meldrew

3. Who had responsibility for looking at new signings? With Screpis being only one in that it doesn't point to Shag gy being in the driving seat.

1. Presumably because haing made so many mistakes on the managerial front before, we want to get it right this time. We probably also don't have as many candidates as we might want.

2. So? Do we really want him? I hope we can do better.

3. Which other clubs let a caretaker manager sign players? If he HAD signed players, I'd be worried that we'd end up with him long-term.

Foulkes did some good things when he was Chairman, but to be honest, his recent driiblings in the press haven't ben particularly worthwhile.

I agree VM, let's not rush headlong into something we might end up regretting. Like everyone else I want a new manager sooner than later but I'm prepared to wait for the right man.

He is wrong about Number 2.

Without going into details I know he would not come back to Hearts at this current time. One day but not at the moment.

Without going into details I know he would not come back to Hearts at this current time. One day but not at the moment.

Post VR possibly? ;)

I agree VM, let's not rush headlong into something we might end up regretting. Like everyone else I want a new manager sooner than later but I'm prepared to wait for the right man.

How long you prepared to wait Samster? It has only been over 2 years since we last had a manager I guess...

1. Presumably because haing made so many mistakes on the managerial front before, we want to get it right this time.

Do you genuinely believe that?

Like, really?

boabyarsebiscuit
3. Which other clubs let a caretaker manager sign players? If he HAD signed players, I'd be worried that we'd end up with him long-term.

Hear what you are saying, Victor. However it's a wee bit of a concern when the fan reps who went to Kaunas were told by Vlad that if no manager was appointed, Frail signing targets would be followed up on in January. Screpis was already our player, so it seems a policy decision was taken to do nothing in January. Maybe for good reason, if the management feel we have a squad good enough to stay up this season. And two wins lately, suggest we will stay up.

I hope Vlad wasn't just blatantly lying to the fans reps though.

How long you prepared to wait Samster? It has only been over 2 years since we last had a manager I guess...

Massaging the facts a little bit there Horse.

You are correct in what you say but it's only been 4/5 weeks since the announcement about looking for a new manager. Since we've been so long without a proper boss I don't think it's much problem to wait a while longer.

Hear what you are saying, Victor. However it's a wee bit of a concern when the fan reps who went to Kaunas were told by Vlad that if no manager was appointed, Frail signing targets would be followed up on in January. Screpis was already our player, so it seems a policy decision was taken to do nothing in January. Maybe for good reason, if the management feel we have a squad good enough to stay up this season. And two wins lately, suggest we will stay up.

Without intending to sound painfully naive, it is possible that Frail's targets were approached and then they declined to sign for us...

This is of course countered by the cynic in me that suggests VR didn't want another lot of Hackett's and Johnson's to pay wages to.

What to believe, eh?:sad:

Maybe Frail's targets were unwilling/under contract/too expensive/ I also heard new signings were dependant on us shifting some of our dross. I don't know about you but would you buy Goncalves for the reported 2 million??

I personally would be happy to wait for Mcghee or a manager of higher calibre. I am also not too fussy about not signing anyone in January, i'm quite happy to wait till the new manager comes in and we are not left with the duds we have now on long term contracts who we can't shift.

How long do people really think that it should take to appoint "the right man"? Other teams seem to manage it fairly quickly.

I've also read George Galloway's column in the Record which doesn't exactly pay a glowing tribute to Lord Foulkes.

He wouldn't do that...........................would he?

I've also read George Galloway's column in the Record which doesn't exactly pay a glowing tribute to Lord Foulkes.

Galloway or Foulkes. Yes I would rather back a Hearts man than the likes of him. :rolleyes:

Post VR possibly? ;)

Definately.

His best friend works beside the missus - his love for all things Hearts is still strong by all accounts.

1. Presumably because haing made so many mistakes on the managerial front before, we want to get it right this time. We probably also don't have as many candidates as we might want.

2. So? Do we really want him? I hope we can do better.

Foulkes did some good things when he was Chairman, but to be honest, his recent driiblings in the press haven't ben particularly worthwhile.

Another one!! Why should Romanov apologise for his mistakes when snivelling creeps can do it for him?

Massaging the facts a little bit there Horse.

You are correct in what you say but it's only been 4/5 weeks since the announcement about looking for a new manager. Since we've been so long without a proper boss I don't think it's much problem to wait a while longer.

I think you are just clutching at straws Samster. It is 2 years since we last had a proper manager - fact. Just because VR put out a statement on 1/1/08 people seem to think it is now ok to forget what went before.

There is nowt you can do about it just now.

If there is no manager in place by season ticket renewal time, don't renew or picket Vlad's bank. It's simple.

Do we really have to see the same theme time and time again.

Definately.

His best friend works beside the missus - his love for all things Hearts is still strong by all accounts.

Good to hear. CL is a true Hearts legend. Was one of the few who went to both his testimonial matches. :)

Not the case.

He would want to take the job if and when it was offered. If it meant working with Romanov he would do it - wouldn't be ideal - but he'd do it all the same.

You're spot on about his love of the Jambos tho.

Without intending to sound painfully naive, it is possible that Frail's targets were approached and then they declined to sign for us...

This is of course countered by the cynic in me that suggests VR didn't want another lot of Hackett's and Johnson's to pay wages to.

What to believe, eh?:sad:

Fair points Boris with neither scenario showing us in good light. :(

There is nowt you can do about it just now.

If there is no manager in place by season ticket renewal time, don\'t renew or picket Vlad\'s bank. It\'s simple.

Do we really have to see the same theme time and time again.

Romanov will probably advise us (again) about reduced capacity and an early renewal is the only way to guarantee your seat.

Hmmmm. Deja-vu.

Good to hear. CL is a true Hearts legend. Was one of the few who went to both his testimonial matches. :)

It?s funny how one Hearts legend can be held in such high esteem on KB after walking out on the club while another legend can be so vilified for being forced out the door and then signing for ?them?.

ToadKiller Dog

From Ross MaCormacks mouth he has spoken to hearts,the rumours over mountino from falkirk ,so i think we were looking but we did not remove enough players from the squad or they had better offers ,i think the club hoped makela would have left.

but then the conspiracy is more attractive than the real world.

the voice from above
How long do people really think that it should take to appoint "the right man"? Other teams seem to manage it fairly quickly.

Exactly! How long did it take to get Kevin Keegan back to newcastle?:mad:

Foulkes talks absolute ****e - you ask a drunk on a street corner and you would get a more sensible answer.

Here is the truth :)

It?s funny how one Hearts legend can be held in such high esteem on KB after walking out on the club while another legend can be so vilified for being forced out the door and then signing for ?them?.

Don't agree with criticism of CL for leaving when he did. Circumstances made it required.

Agree completely at the poor treatment of SP tho.

Guest JamboRobbo
From Ross MaCormacks mouth he has spoken to hearts,the rumours over mountino from falkirk ,so i think we were looking but we did not remove enough players from the squad or they had better offers ,i think the club hoped makela would have left.

but then the conspiracy is more attractive than the real world.

If we REALLY wanted to sign McCormack from Motherwell and Moutinhio from Falkirk, and tried as hard as possible to do so, I find it hard to believe we would have failed to get either of them.

The fact that we didn't sign either of them, IMO, implies that we didn't really try very hard to sign them.

Which then begs the question, why? Don't they trust Frail's judgement? Is the season already written off? Whatever the reason, it doesn't exactly fill me with enthusiasm for the fight ahead, given that it appears even our owners don't deem it worth making much of an effort to "save our season"...

Seems they have written off this season already? Fair enough from a business/financial point of view. But not much fun for those of us who paid for ST's and expected to see us give our all every week to finish as high up the league as possible.

Casper Elvis a Hearts legend in my eyes also. :)

Foulkes talks absolute ****e - you ask a drunk on a street corner and you would get a more sensible answer.

Is that right Toggie? Maybe if you took the blinkers off. :rolleyes:

Guest JamboRobbo

Oh, and those casting aspirations in Mr Foulkes direction because he is willing to speak his mind on Mr Romanov, just remember one thing.

Foulkes was supporting and watching Hearts before Vlad arrived, and he'll still be supporting and watching Hearts after Vlad is gone.

Don't agree with criticism of CL for leaving when he did. Circumstances made it required.

Agree completely at the poor treatment of SP tho.

I didn?t criticise CL for leaving ? he could probably see what was coming. My point was just about KBs perception of the 2 legends.

Oh, and those casting aspirations in Mr Foulkes direction because he is willing to speak his mind on Mr Romanov, just remember one thing.

Foulkes was supporting and watching Hearts before Vlad arrived, and he'll still be supporting and watching Hearts after Vlad is gone.

Indeed JR. A hell of a lot more of a Jambo than our First Minister thats for sure. :rolleyes:

Definately.

I'd expect anyone with a love for "all things Hearts" not to have jumped ship at the first chance and make a right tit of himself. I'd also expect said person to do absolutely anything on the final day of a season to make it to a league decider. Something said person failed to do.

Not the Hearts "die hard" you would have us believe!

I'd expect anyone with a love for "all things Hearts" not to have jumped ship at the first chance and make a right tit of himself. I'd also expect said person to do absolutely anything on the final day of a season to make it to a league decider. Something said person failed to do.

Not the Hearts "die hard" you would have us believe!

What's that referring to mate?

If so, that would be another reason to be pro vlad! ;)

Another reason Gambo didn't realise there was any at all. ;) Not surprising to see you dissing a quality manager either. I mean Rix, Valdas, Malothief, Waldorf and Statler have all been so much better under the puppet master.

Archived