Jefferies Herald Article - Some HMFC content

Fat Striker

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/headlines/display.var.2015321.0.Is_now_the_right_time_for_Jefferies_to_quit_while_hes_ahead.php

"Jefferies has his own legacy to worry about. He was a curious omission from the shortlist to become Scotland manager and would walk the length of the M8 (these days that might be a quicker method of commuting from Glasgow to Edinburgh) to bring respectability back to his beloved Hearts. Vladimir Romanov made a fleeting visit last week and has promised to appoint a British-style manager with selection autonomy. Who better than Jefferies to rekindle the club's ambition and, armed with a watertight contract, keep the meddling Romanov in the background where he belongs?"

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/headlines/display.var.2015321.0.Is_now_the_right_time_for_Jefferies_to_quit_while_hes_ahead.php

"Jefferies has his own legacy to worry about. He was a curious omission from the shortlist to become Scotland manager and would walk the length of the M8 (these days that might be a quicker method of commuting from Glasgow to Edinburgh) to bring respectability back to his beloved Hearts. Vladimir Romanov made a fleeting visit last week and has promised to appoint a British-style manager with selection autonomy. Who better than Jefferies to rekindle the club's ambition and, armed with a watertight contract, keep the meddling Romanov in the background where he belongs?"

I do not want JJ..... we could do better and we should be showing some ambition with the next appointment.

I do not want JJ..... we could do better and we should be showing some ambition with the next appointment.

In the absence of any credible rumours or managers linking themselves with us, I'd take JJ back in a minute. I'd appoint Frail and Robbo as assistants in the same way that McCoist seems to be being groomed by Smith at Rankers.

BB is a hobo, but comes as part of the JJ packakge unfortuntaely.

given his rant of a few seasons back cannae see him coming back here.

certainly would be excrutiatingly hypocrytical of the man. :confused:

200milesfromgorgie
In the absence of any credible rumours or managers linking themselves with us, I'd take JJ back in a minute. I'd appoint Frail and Robbo as assistants in the same way that McCoist seems to be being groomed by Smith at Rankers.

100% agree with that mate. would make a good system with an old bean like JJ heading the set up and Robbo and Frail as coaches.

Can't see any decent manager without a genuine love of the club touching us with a barge pole - and JJ loves Hearts.

I'd take him back in a second!

loveofthegame
Id take JJ and BB back in a minute, both Hearts men and stand for no nonense.

BB is certainly not a Hearts fan, in fact im sure he's a Hobo.

He's said a lot of ****e about us since leaving and i for one would not welcome him back.

JJ yes, BB no- leave him to rot at Killie. I'd rather JJ brought Lockey back on the coaching staff, someone who could really instil what it means to play for Heart of Midlothian FC into those fandans up at Riccarton

if jj comes back bb will stay at killie and be number 1 (cost saving for killie and bb will get to be number 1)

jj with frail and robbo sounds like a way to take us forward at the moment, and when that runs its course, maybe, just maybe, decent managers will look at us seriously again

BB is certainly not a Hearts fan, in fact im sure he's a Hobo.

Indeed he is/was in his youth.

JJ would be a backwards step and his Old Firm record is a bit of a shocker, even his record against the Hobos was noy brilliant. ALso he is better at a club with minimal funds. Would be an OK short term appointment though and he would take it.

BB, well after his rants about us, I do not want him back - EVER!!

Interestingly though he was at the Hibs game on Sunday, rather than JJ, maybe I am reading too much into it, but will he jump ship?

Robbo, well he already has turned down the job when offered it, and has hardly startled the footballing world since.

Whilst, ideally, a Hearts man would be the best - this is not an ideal world - most are on awe of the Old Firm, and there footballing contacts will be minimal - we need an outsider this time, and I am not once who insists he has to be British - he just needs to be good and not scared of the Old Firm and have the capabilites of whipping their arses.

JJ seems to really want the Hearts job. Is he insane?

He's on a sinking ship at the moment to be fair, Killie are in freefall.

JJ would be a backwards step and his Old Firm record is a bit of a shocker, even his record against the Hobos was noy brilliant. ALso he is better at a club with minimal funds. Would be an OK short term appointment though and he would take it.

BB, well after his rants about us, I do not want him back - EVER!!

Interestingly though he was at the Hibs game on Sunday, rather than JJ, maybe I am reading too much into it, but will he jump ship?

Robbo, well he already has turned down the job when offered it, and has hardly startled the footballing world since.

Whilst, ideally, a Hearts man would be the best - this is not an ideal world - most are on awe of the Old Firm, and there footballing contacts will be minimal - we need an outsider this time, and I am not once who insists he has to be British - he just needs to be good and not scared of the Old Firm and have the capabilites of whipping their arses.

Agreed.

I've been hearing that there is a list, but as the season has gone to hell in a handcart we are waiting before rushing into anything. If you think about why do Hearts need a new manager right now? We aren't fighting for anything? I've heard we are waiting until nearer the end of the season as you don't know what managers will become available before then.

I'm not revealing the source so you can take it as lies, my opinion or the truth. Not bothered either way, just stating what I know, and what I beleive.

broxburn_hearts

Step backwards to go forwards is needed mate.

Glamorgan Jambo
Can't see any decent manager without a genuine love of the club touching us with a barge pole - and JJ loves Hearts.

I'd take him back in a second!

You hit the nail on the head there...

I'd take him back in a second. People seem to be forgetting how badly we've slipped and that we need a change to get us back to being a shoe in for the top 6.

I think that, due to all VR's fhannying about in the past, JJ is the best we're going to get.

But BB will have to negotiate my festering corpse if he wants back to Tynecastle.

Little Hibs w@nk.

JEFF WOULD BE A BACKWARD STEP.

jeff and his silly billy assistant would not take hearts to the levels our players are capable of. jeff is a good lad who's had his time at hearts and romanov mush show ambition and appoint a manager who can take hearts to the SPL trophy and champions league success and i can't see jeff coming close.

You hit the nail on the head there...

I'd take him back in a second. People seem to be forgetting how badly we've slipped and that we need a change to get us back to being a shoe in for the top 6.

Sad but true.:sad:

JEFF WOULD BE A BACKWARD STEP.

jeff and his silly billy assistant would not take hearts to the levels our players are capable of. jeff is a good lad who's had his time at hearts and romanov mush show ambition and appoint a manager who can take hearts to the SPL trophy and champions league success and i can't see jeff coming close.

At this moment it time, Do you think we could attract someone of the calibre to do so?

Seriously.

JJ is as good as we can hope for imo, I say get him in for 2 years, Let the world know that JJ and JJ alone is picking the team without interference.

Then possibly we could attract the kind of person you want.

At this moment it time, Do you think we could attract someone of the calibre to do so?

Seriously.

JJ is as good as we can hope for imo, I say get him in for 2 years, Let the world know that JJ and JJ alone is picking the team without interference.

Bingo.

Jim Jeffries could come in and he would certainly sort the boys out short term - which is exactly what we need right now.

Get back into the top 6 and try and trim the squad down to a healthy size then work our way up from there.

Its going to be a long term process i reakon and I could only see JJ being able to do the initial donkey work before someone a little more refined would come in and build on the platform.

Seriously.

where is your ambition. do you want to be a loser all of your life. don't you want to see hearts win the SPL.

ROMANOV TALKS BIG SO LET'S SEE HIM PRODUCE A MANAGER WHO WILL DO THE BUSINESS.

hearts biggest asset and handicap in attracting a quality manager is romanov.

romanov and his people would have to support and not interfere in the teams management and with this promise entered in a contract that their would be no interference in team/player matters you can bet there would be a queue a mile long with quality managers wanting to manage hearts.

now am i right or am i right. my wee friend.

Jim Jeffries could come in and he would certainly sort the boys out short term - which is exactly what we need right now.

Get back into the top 6 and try and trim the squad down to a healthy size then work our way up from there.

Its going to be a long term process i reakon and I could only see JJ being able to do the initial donkey work before someone a little more refined would come in and build on the platform.

get the right man in now so he can plan, shape and drive the hearts forward to we can put up a challenge for the SPL title next season. now isn't that the way winners work.

donkey work ........i ask you.

Dr Ian Malcolm
where is your ambition. do you want to be a loser all of your life. don't you want to see hearts win the SPL.

ROMANOV TALKS BIG SO LET'S SEE HIM PRODUCE A MANAGER WHO WILL DO THE BUSINESS.

hearts biggest asset and handicap in attracting a quality manager is romanov.

romanov and his people would have to support and not interfere in the teams management and with this promise entered in a contract that their would be no interference in team/player matters you can bet there would be a queue a mile long with quality managers wanting to manage hearts.

now am i right or am i right. my wee friend.

Romanov needs to show he can let someone get on with the job themselves before anyone of a high calibre would be interested. Its all very well saying we'll put this and that in your contract, but until he is seen to be standing well back then no one of a level higher than SPL will take the Hearts job. Its not like summer 2005 when he was an unknown quantity - people know, or think they know what he's about. He needs to show

that he's changed, then we can think about shwoing more ambition. Lets walk before we can run.

Dougie Masterton
get the right man in now so he can plan, shape and drive the hearts forward to we can put up a challenge for the SPL title next season. now isn't that the way winners work.

donkey work ........i ask you.

Maybe the reason we haven't appointed someone is that he doesn't want to leave his club at the moment?

Maybe the reason we haven't appointed someone is that he doesn't want to leave his club at the moment?

maybe that someone is not the right person.

maybe romanov hasn't a clue who would be a successful manager.

maybe we're all being taken for a ride with all these rumours.

maybe i could go on all night................

Romanov needs to show he can let someone get on with the job themselves before anyone of a high calibre would be interested. Its all very well saying we'll put this and that in your contract, but until he is seen to be standing well back then no one of a level higher than SPL will take the Hearts job. Its not like summer 2005 when he was an unknown quantity - people know, or think they know what he's about. He needs to show

that he's changed, then we can think about shwoing more ambition. Lets walk before we can run.

sod the 'SHOW' that he's changed.

i'd want the new managers contract written in romanov's blood.

Something tells me the McGhee rumours have legs...

Maybe that someone is the right person, maybe they will be successful, but without putting him in we'll never know.

We need a manager Mitch, you've been saying it for ages, but now it seems you need a Mourinho. We're not getting one.

Dougie Masterton

And maybe this time one of the rumours are right.

And maybe this time one of the rumours are right.

You like winding these guys up Dougie. :)

I hope what I think you are inferring actually happens.

Dr Ian Malcolm
sod the 'SHOW' that he's changed.

i'd want the new managers contract written in romanov's blood.

As I said, you could promise anything and put it in a contract - doesn't mean thats what will happen. You're going on about being taken for a ride but want Vlad to write something in a contract rather than prove with actions that he's for real when it comes to letting a manager do his job? Surely actions speak louder than words?

You like winding these guys up Dougie. :)

I hope what I think you are inferring actually happens.

Wind up?

I felt inclined to believe him...

He's on a sinking ship at the moment to be fair, Killie are in freefall.

Very true, but from the comments JJ has made about Geoffrey Richmond, working under an owner as notorious as Romanov for interfering probably isn't the best idea.

JJ and the various packages talked about on here would be a great appointment. He will add discipline in the dressing room and instill a passion for the club that I think is missing at present. I also don't think he would stand for any passengers or interference from above.

I can understand people talking about McGhee and maybe he would be a good appointment. However you could argue the same point about him only thinking that we can ever achieve third spot / being in awe of the Old Firm and given that Starchan seems to be on a bit of a shoogly peg with some of his supporters, wouldn't McGhee always be waiting for that post ?

Give me JJ and any combination of Lockie, Robbo, Frail etc and get JJ grooming one of them to take over the job in a couple of years time. I want someone in who feel the same hurt as the fans at a defeat !

Archived