manager

robbojambo

dont post very often but heard something today that might be of interest,

there was a meeting of the youth team coaches and scouts at riccarton on friday night, and one of the scouts had said that a lot of people he new were not going to renew their season tickets, to which John Murray replied "oh yes they will" asked to elaborate he said that when the name of the new manager is announced i bet you they will. was told this by someone who was at the meeting. did not say who it was but obviously hinting someone who will excite the fans.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Excellent... I love Signings that will excite the fans and rock Scottish football!!!

there was a meeting of the youth team coaches and scouts at riccarton on friday night, and one of the scouts had said that a lot of people he new were not going to renew their season tickets, to which John Murray replied "oh yes they will" asked to elaborate he said that when the name of the new manager is announced i bet you they will. was told this by someone who was at the meeting. did not say who it was but obviously hinting someone who will excite the fans.

Nice try Vlad :D

Generic Username

I'll take a fiver bet off anyone that we won't get a new manager in until the season is over.

In fact, scratch that, pint is cheaper.

I'll bet a pint.

Dont want to comment on the content of the post above..

But with regards the topic.

I can imagine in order to keep the ST sales up...(of which I dont think there will be too many NOT buying)

I can see a 'named' manager being brought in, or at least, 'linked' with us a short while before the deadline date for the renewals.

ToadKiller Dog

Daft idea to post a positive rumour Robbojambo you will get shot down ,best start a negative one then you will start a long thread to see who can be more negative than you.

Dont you know its more fun to whinge like an old women discussing who is on the most pills.

Its all propaganda from those evil lithuanians you know (i hear they also eat babies)

chester copperpot

We will most probably be linked with the Iconic managers of the modern game, until Vlad has us all signed up with ST sales with some token gesture to renew before the end of June.

Then he will appoint Stevie Frail on the basis of his 'Decent job' this season.

Daft idea to post a positive rumour Robbojambo you will get shot down ,best start a negative one then you will start a long thread to see who can be more negative than you.

Dont you know its more fun to whinge like an old women discussing who is on the most pills.

Its all propaganda from those evil lithuanians you know (i hear they also eat babies)

I used to think Morph was cool.... not so sure now! :P

We will most probably be linked with the Iconic managers of the modern game, until Vlad has us all signed up with ST sales with some token gesture to renew before the end of June.

Thats the thing tho, anyone who wants a proper manager in place should really think about renewing at the last possible moment. I know most folk will renew whatever happens and thats fair enough, but if you really do want change, then do not renew untill you see whats on offer.

Dont use my words, Use your own.

Welcome to the new JKB - X Files...

Honestly the amount of cynicism andnumber of conspiracy theories that one sees on here is hilarious!

This is exactly how Vlad gets held up for not delivering WC stars etc...

Nice try HoG, Wrong (again)

thing is though, HoG and the other 'hatkickers' or whatever you want to call them, have got a lot more things right about Hearts than anyone else has....

I think that Vlad knows now that empty promises won't be enough to stop a drop in crowds/reduced ST renewals.

Surely he knows now that only concrete actions on a manager and players will do.

Where have you been for the last 3 years :eek:

Off course empty promises will do, most people will just go back anyway.

Is not believing it until you see it being negative or being realistic?

I think that Vlad knows now that empty promises won't be enough to stop a drop in crowds/reduced ST renewals.

Surely he knows now that only concrete actions on a manager and players will do.

What if he has not taken season tickets into consideration for next season. afterall we could be playing with only three stands @ tynecastle and he has maybe accounted for the drop in revenue next season due to the reconstruction work.

so if was vlad able to get between 8-9000 season tickets sold he would be happy?

Not saying thats the case, but you can not overlook this.

thing is though, HoG and the other 'hatkickers' or whatever you want to call them, have got a lot more things right about Hearts than anyone else has....

His response to the OP is wrong.

I don't think that just being linked with big names will be enough this time around, people are way more cynical these days and promises of good things won't appease them. The fans barely believe a word that comes out of the club, regardless of who actually says it...even Banksy is being tarred with the 'manipulated by marketing' brush today.

But then, there are probably plenty of fans who intend to buy their season tickets regardless of what is/isn't said. I fully expect some sort of market research to be done in the coming weeks as the club try to figure out what's what....

Guest GhostHunter

It's not like we NEED to sell Season Tickets next season - we're moving to Muddyfield for the year...

Not exactly going to be a shortage of seats

:arf:

ToadKiller Dog
Is not believing it until you see it being negative or being realistic?

That would be a more sensible approach than to construct some wild conspiracy

by the way i have to blue pills,one green one this rugby shaped purple one stops the blood getting angry.

I don't know anything but this possibly ties in with something John Colquhoun said on Scotsport a few weeks back. No names were mentioned but, maybe someone can confirm, did he not say we would be excited by the new manager?

John Murray has been in bed with the flu over the last week.... :confused:

Was he not at Hampden on Wednesday? I thought I saw him there, helping Darren Murray deal with the stewards who were trying to throw Korobochka out of the reserved area.

jamboinglasgow

I am amazed at the amount of people who are convinced that a statement will make someone buy a season ticket. As an optimistic guy I would buy a season ticket whoever we have but if I was a bit more cautious I would not buy until I see a manager in place.

Think the hearts fans need a bit more credit and I also think Hearts know this old trick doesn't work anymore.

But on the subject of the OP, I would love this to be the case, which makes we wonder if true, I wonder if John Murry has seen a shortlist. But will be sceptical like all other rumours.

Nonsense, 'most people' isn't everyone. Crowds are already going down. That will be all the more evident IF the Hearts support does not see something tangible regarding a new manager and an improvement in the skill-level of the playing staff.

This may not concern Vlad (especially next season if we have a lower capacity as others have pointed out) but it WILL happen.

Mind you, the fans who refuse to renew/boycott/etc etc will be back like like ferrets up a drain pipe as soon as the team improves. That's not a criticism of anyone, it's just what happens in line with how good the team are.

Anyway, I think it's Vlad's last chance to retain any credibility and being a glass half full type I look forward to getting this awful season over and done with and getting a new manager and work starting on the stand - nurse!

these were the words on most peoples lips this time last season!!

It's mad how things have been allowed to fester. I hope we get some good news soon...:)

It's not like we NEED to sell Season Tickets next season - we're moving to Muddyfield for the year...

Not exactly going to be a shortage of seats

:arf:

No, we are not moving to MF next season.

I'm friendly with a couple of the youth coaches - I'll put the feelers out.

Colonel Kurtz
I'm friendly with a couple of the youth coaches - I'll put the feelers out.

sounds a bit Celtic Boys Club to me

Nucky Thompson
I'll take a fiver bet off anyone that we won't get a new manager in until the season is over.

In fact, scratch that, pint is cheaper.

I'll bet a pint.

Seeing as your location is Sydney, are you going to fly me over and buy me a pint of XXXX when I win;)

portobellojambo1
then where are we going ptbcal?

I believe in excess of 82% of the fans responding to the surveys issued via Hearts, and through the FHSC to their member SC's, have indicated the preferred option would be to remain at Tynecastle, with three stands in operation, if it is practical to do so.

then where are we going ptbcal?

Work not likely to start until May 09.

Depending on the SFA and H&S granting us permission then we will stay at Tynie during the re-development.

sounds a bit Celtic Boys Club to me

MMMMmmmmmm.

It does sound iffy.

Anyway I believe that nothing was said on Friday night of this nature.

That's not to say the OP is wrong but I heard no meeting took place Friday.

Commander Harris
Excellent... I love Signings that will excite the fans and rock Scottish football!!!

the last time I heard the phrase "is going to rock Scottish football" it was because Barry Ferguson had farted or something as trivial.

MMMMmmmmmm.

It does sound iffy.

Anyway I believe that nothing was said on Friday night of this nature.

That's not to say the OP is wrong but I heard no meeting took place Friday.

This sounds a bit iffy.

Did you overhear that no meeting took place or were you told no meeting took place.

I know the OP and i know the person who gave him this information.

Personally i believe it to be true.

Time will tell i suppose

[/b]

This sounds a bit iffy.

Did you overhear that no meeting took place or were you told no meeting took place.

I know the OP and i know the person who gave him this information.

Personally i believe it to be true.

Time will tell i suppose

so when are they appointing this manager? as soon as the season finishes surely?

[B]so when are they appointing this [/b]manager?[/B] as soon as the season finishes surely?

Your guess is as good as mine

when the Africa cup finishes

:5643::5643::5643::5643:

Our future manager's team is still in it

there are only four teams left..... :)

jamboinglasgow
there are only four teams left..... :)

isn't there strictly six teams left, also Vogts looks to be getting sacked, though he had a terrible job as scotland I would welcome him at hearts.

isn't there strictly six teams left, also Vogts looks to be getting sacked, though he had a terrible job as scotland I would welcome him at hearts.

Not sure I would like Vogts... he has turned into a laffing stock after the Scotland thing... the nigerians hate him aswell... no sure the last time he actually enjoyed a successfull period 1996?

Archived