Mhanks greet'n about orange boots

Cliffundo

celtics new loan signing georgio samaras, has upset the tattie howkers by wearing orange boots....!

how silly and narrow minded are these kants

he alledgedy enjoys playing the flute aswell :P

Guest Dipped Flake

Must admit to having a laugh when he came onto the pitch and saw his boots. wonder what colour they will be next week??

ha ha thats quality. narrow minded tools.

i love the way they hate the colour orange but happily fly the Republic of Ireland flag.......

i love the way they hate the colour orange but happily fly the Republic of Ireland flag.......

aye, they are a weird bunch.... I wonder if they hate the jimmy wigs too...oh.. and tommy burns and strapons heed!

That's 'gold' apparently, although it looks pretty damn orange to me! :wacko:

scottish_chicP

Thats funny I said that they wouldn't be happy on Sun when the game was on, I was only joking though!

If any Hearts player wore green boots, i'd be a tad miffed myself.

If that makes me narrow-minded then so be it.

Surely there's a difference in wearing your rival's colour on your boots or something that (according to many sellik fans) has nothing to do with them?

ToadKiller Dog

Breaking news from parkheid " Strapon has today confirmed that georgie's boots were not in fact orange but ginger ,so its ok the greatest fans in the universe can relax"

That's 'gold' apparently, although it looks pretty damn orange to me! :wacko:

The "gold" thing is a marvelously cunning piece of denial and bigotry. The orange is representative of the protestant members of the Irish population. The ones that Celtic fans think don't exist.

Surely there's a difference in wearing your rival's colour on your boots or something that (according to many sellik fans) has nothing to do with them?

I think samaras would have had to be wearing Blue boots for that comparison to hold any weight!

I think samaras would have had to be wearing Blue boots for that comparison to hold any weight!

Sorry, completely ****ed up what I was trying to say.

My point was meant to be similar to Tazio's :)

I knew what you were meaning with your first post and i can see where you're coming from.

Regardless if it is orange or blue boots that upset them, it would still be petty and narrow-minded.

That said, i'd still be ****ed off if any Hearts player wore green though.

The "gold" thing is a marvelously cunning piece of denial and bigotry. The orange is representative of the protestant members of the Irish population. The ones that Celtic fans think don't exist.

Don't really know a lot about Ireland's history (nor really give a toss, to be honest!), but I'm guessing that the orange and 'gold' are from the same origins?!

I quoted the wrong post m8, was supposed to be BM USM's post that I qouted.

I just think there is a difference had he been wearing blue boots :)

I knew what you were meaning with your first post and i can see where you're coming from.

Regardless if it is orange or blue boots that upset them, it would still be petty and narrow-minded.

That said, i'd still be ****ed off if any Hearts player wore green though.

If Nade scored a hat trick against the wee team and he wore green boots, I'd be the first to kiss them :)

I quoted the wrong post m8, was supposed to be BM USM's post that I qouted.

I just think there is a difference had he been wearing blue boots :)

It's petty and narrow-minded to moan about any player wearing any colour of boots. It's not as if it'd affect his performance etc.

Don't really know a lot about Ireland's history (nor really give a toss, to be honest!), but I'm guessing that the orange and 'gold' are from the same origins?!

Not really. It is a fact that the Irish flag was chosen with very specific colours to represent different aspects. One of those colours was orange. Not gold.

If any Hearts player wore green boots, i'd be a tad miffed myself.

If that makes me narrow-minded then so be it.

It's petty and narrow-minded to moan about any player wearing any colour of boots. It's not as if it'd affect his performance etc.

make your mind up man! lol :confused:

Dunno like - they yellow felly's certainly didnt help Clum out.....!!!

Oh and likewise, i'd be miffed about a hearts player with green boots too.

Not really. It is a fact that the Irish flag was chosen with very specific colours to represent different aspects. One of those colours was orange. Not gold.

im no expert, and dont want to turn this into a flag debate (although i dont think we've had one on the new board yet...)

but is the tricolour not supposed to represent peace between the protestants and catholics?

im no expert, and dont want to turn this into a flag debate (although i dont think we've had one on the new board yet...)

but is the tricolour not supposed to represent peace between the protestants and catholics?

That's what I said. The orange is on the flag to represent the protestants of Ireland, the other colours are for the catholics and the peace.

That's what I said. The orange is on the flag to represent the protestants of Ireland, the other colours are for the catholics and the land.

aye thats what i thought, was just making sure

That's what I said. The orange is on the flag to represent the protestants of Ireland, the other colours are for the catholics and the land.

Think that's what I was trying to get at, albeit in a garbled fashion. Just shows what a load of nonsense this perceived divide actually is!

make your mind up man! lol :confused:

I'm being quite clear.

I'm aware that it would be petty and narrow-minded of me to moan about a Hearts player wearing green boots.

I would still do it though.

I'm being quite clear.

I'm aware that it would be petty and narrow-minded of me to moan about a Hearts player wearing green boots.

:thumb: I know, thats why I qouted you lol

ToadKiller Dog
I'm being quite clear.

Would it not depend on the shade of green ?:ninja:

....I was watching Gordon Ramsay USA last night and he crossed himself before tackling a particularly minging dish. Fairly sure that's not what the 'Orange' half of Glasgow would expect from a former player......

Mind you who cares, it's always fun when they get upset about these things.

They're a bunch of half-wit inbred morons.

Remember they got their knickers in a twist when they were being sponsored by Peoples (the car folk) and their logo had some orange in it.

If Hearts had someone who scored goals for fun he could do so whilst wearing green boots, a turban, grass skirt and singing a Proclaimers song.

They're a bunch of half-wit inbred morons.

Remember they got their knickers in a twist when they were being sponsored by Peoples (the car folk) and their logo had some orange in it.

If Hearts had someone who scored goals for fun he could do so whilst wearing green boots, a turban, grass skirt and singing a Proclaimers song.

Green boots AND singing a Proclaimers song!?!

Not got a problem with the grass skirt or the turban but you've got to draw the line somewhere.

Green boots AND singing a Proclaimers song!?!

Not got a problem with the grass skirt or the turban but you've got to draw the line somewhere.

Dinae worry, theres only a slim chance of an Easter European knowing the words to a Proclaimers song

Looks like they are Gold, not Orange, well that was the Sun i had a look at this morning.

Class player, shame some Celtic fans are stupid enough to judge a player like Samaras on his Orange or Gold boots!

cobbyshambles

it's ridiculous, if it had been any other team they would have been grown up about it and to be honest probably wouldn't have read anything into it as celtic have.

it's ridiculous, if it had been any other team they would have been grown up about it and to be honest probably wouldn't have read anything into it as celtic have.

I cant wait for the 1st player to wear brown ones!!

what will they say!!

If I was a manager, My players would wear black boots only.

Coloured boots get on my nerves.

I blame Calum Elliot.

I blame Calum Elliot.

i would allow certain players to wear coloured boots - the likes of Ronaldinho, Messi etc.

Davie Weir wearing white boots is a sad sad sight.

Man Utd fans can breath a sigh of relief then. Ronaldo wears the same boots, so Celtic fans won't want him playing for their club :dribble:

Samaras will be on a pretty penny from Nike to wear those boots. Can you see him agreeing NOT to waer them cos the fans of his 6 month loan club are a bunch of morons?

I blame Calum Elliot.

Agreed, I think the crayon-coloured boots are an open declaration of being an arrogant ponce, like the skunk-dyed barnets.

You'd better be able to back up wearing poofter boots with some fairly spectacular play. Cristiano Ronaldo is a tosser but he can play some. Samaras? Calum? Get some proper boots on, son.

My hatred for the mhanky mob knows no bounds but has anyone actually got any PROOF of this ? A link to another forum per chance ? Anything ?

celtics new loan signing georgio samaras, has upset the tattie howkers by wearing orange boots....!

how silly and narrow minded are these kants

he alledgedy enjoys playing the flute aswell :P

:tumbleweed:

Archived