Liverpool share scheme.

Guss

I see the launch of the share scheme for Liverpool fans to own their club in a similiar model to Barcelona was so successful, they had to postpone it until they could find a bigger web host. Over 1,000 fans a second trying to get through.

I don't think it would be impossible to find 10,000 Jambos willing to fork out 5,000 pounds each to raise 50 million and buy out Romanov.

Apologies if this has been raised previous, but KB would be the obvious place to discuss it.

http://www.eufootball.biz/Clubs/0402086-share-Liverpool-FC.html

Commander Harris

visiting a website is a lot easier than coughing up ?5,000.

I think the plan is completely unworkable to be honest. I realise that it wouldn't necessarily be all individuals but even a supporters club or a pub would find it incredibly difficult to raise that kind of money.

as for applying the model to hearts - we've hardly had an average core season ticket base of 10,000 in recent years - let alone 10,000 people willing and able to contribute ?5,000.

We tried a few years ago now and couldn't get 2000 fans to cough up an average of ?1,000 each so unless we have all become millionaires in the last 3 years I don't see this a valid route to travel, sorry to be so negative but....

I see the launch of the share scheme for Liverpool fans to own their club in a similiar model to Barcelona was so successful, they had to postpone it until they could find a bigger web host. Over 1,000 fans a second trying to get through.

I don't think it would be impossible to find 10,000 Jambos willing to fork out 5,000 pounds each to raise 50 million and buy out Romanov.

Apologies if this has been raised previous, but KB would be the obvious place to discuss it.

http://www.eufootball.biz/Clubs/0402086-share-Liverpool-FC.html

how long exactly have you supported HMFC?

10,000 hearts fans with a spare 5k.....get a fecking grip!!!

i doubt you've even got ?500.

Sydney from Sydney
visiting a website is a lot easier than coughing up ?5,000.

I think the plan is completely unworkable to be honest. I realise that it wouldn't necessarily be all individuals but even a supporters club or a pub would find it incredibly difficult to raise that kind of money.

as for applying the model to hearts - we've hardly had an average core season ticket base of 10,000 in recent years - let alone 10,000 people willing and able to contribute ?5,000.

There are a lot more supporters other than season ticket holders who can't get to games but are still Hearts fans. Didn't a recent survey have us down as one of the biggest fan bases of British clubs on a world wide scale?

Liverpool don't have 100,000 season ticket holders either but the response has been world wide. The suggestion was on a scaled down version of the Liverpool plan of targeting 5,000 Jambos.

Commander Harris
There are a lot more supporters other than season ticket holders who can't get to games but are still Hearts fans. Didn't a recent survey have us down as one of the biggest fan bases of British clubs on a world wide scale?

Liverpool don't have 100,000 season ticket holders either but the response has been world wide. The suggestion was on a scaled down version of the Liverpool plan of targeting 5,000 Jambos.

I used the season tickets as an example because this is a group of fans that contribute a relatively large amount of money to the club. I realise there are fans elsewhere who could and would invest but I don't think we have anywhere near the number that could invest that amount of money.

The survey, based on a relatively small sample, did have us as the 18th largest latent support(approx 400,000). But there is a huge difference between latent support and supporters who are willing(or able) to invest a huge amount of their money in the club.

I think the liverpool plan is completely unworkable and I think any scaled down version for Hearts would also be unworkable. Football fans are, generally speaking, average earners with not a lot of disposable income(this is changing slighty but I think it is still fair to say that, although of course there are exceptions.)

Sydney from Sydney

What does it matter how long this guy has supported Hearts, you idiot.

And what's with the abuse that he hasn't got even 500 quid ?

I think that done properly with certificate of ownership there would be quite a few Jambos who would be interested. You sound like you haven't got two bob to rub together so if you don't want your share I'll take yours too.

I think it's feasible and workable without the morons who are too quick to put cr@p on fellow fans.

Sheriff Fatman

We couldn't raise ?2 million not that long ago, so how are we going to raise ?50 million.

Even if we could, ?50 million would buy off Vlad and pay off the debt, but wouldn't come close to giving us enough to run the club. Yes there would be some left but nowhere near enough to buy new players and build a new stand (which will have to be done in the very near future as the Main Stand will not get safety certificates for much longer).

I used the season tickets as an example because this is a group of fans that contribute a relatively large amount of money to the club. I realise there are fans elsewhere who could and would invest but I don't think we have anywhere near the number that could invest that amount of money.

The survey, based on a relatively small sample, did have us as the 18th largest latent support(approx 400,000). But there is a huge difference between latent support and supporters who are willing(or able) to invest a huge amount of their money in the club.

I think the liverpool plan is completely unworkable and I think any scaled down version for Hearts would also be unworkable. Football fans are, generally speaking, average earners with not a lot of disposable income(this is changing slighty but I think it is still fair to say that, although of course there are exceptions.)

We differ there mate. I think the Liverpool fans are capable of pulling this off, it just comes down to the willingness of the present owners to sell.

For the record, I'd be willing to buy "new shares" in Hearts if they came with a certificate of ownership, and I think some of our more affluent supporters might be interested in purchasing several shares. The Liverpool situation is interesting and worth watching.

How much money I have is no concern of yours son.

As for how long I've supported Hearts, it really shouldn't have any bearing on this. I think the quality of the support is important not the longevity.

One of my favourite players for Hearts was Arthur Mann, which might give an indication of how long I've been around. There's lots of good young fans out there who hopefully don't have your negativity. We Jambos have always been a fickle bunch, but it's only when you read a website like KB that we realise we have our fair share of morons as well.

Let Vlad build the stand. He can then sell the club to the fans. We can all take out loans of ?5,000 from his bank. :)

I don't think it would be impossible to find 10,000 Jambos willing to fork out 5,000 pounds each

Recent evidence - as provided by the SoH campaign - would suggest otherwise.

?150 million now pledged :eek:

150 million

Check out there website ...

www.shareliverpoolfc.com

I think they'll do it and like Barca be very successfull and if they do others in the UK will follow.

There are loads of teams already owned by there fans in other european countries , I think this would be a great idea for HMFC :)

Archived