Manager-When?

DB-14

The Manager is coming....  

1 member has voted

1. 1. The Manager is coming....

Commander Harris

if nothing happens in the next 2 weeks I think we will have Frail in place until the end of the season. I do think it is possible that we will have someone in place in the next 2 weeks but I wont be holding my breath.

I feel it's too late now, maybe if there'd been a manager in place three weeks ago, say 10 days into the New Year (I don't think that's unreasonable, other teams seem to be able to do it) they would perhaps have had a chance to move a couple of players on and bring a couple of players in during the window. Now, I just feel that's there's no point.

I feel it's too late now, maybe if there'd been a manager in place three weeks ago, say 10 days into the New Year (I don't think that's unreasonable, other teams seem to be able to do it) they would perhaps have had a chance to move a couple of players on and bring a couple of players in during the window. Now, I just feel that's there's no point.

The point would be to come in and assess the squad for 3 months and decide who to get rid of and start the process and also look to get players in for the START of pre season.

if nothing happens in the next 2 weeks I think we will have Frail in place until the end of the season. I do think it is possible that we will have someone in place in the next 2 weeks but I wont be holding my breath.

Can Frail remain in charge until the end of the season? I thought he could only hold his interim manager post for 12 weeks.

Commander Harris
Can Frail remain in charge until the end of the season? I thought he could only hold his interim manager post for 12 weeks.

not sure what the regulations are but I think I'm right in saying that we've not had a manager/head coach with the appropriate certification since Rix so there must be some way round it?

Never ever ever ever ever ever.

Rodney said so at least a year ago.

Interviewer: "Will there ever be a manager at Hearts who has 100% control over team affairs?"

Rodney: "No, it will never be 100%, perhaps 85-90%."

Interviewer: "Does that mean team selection or the buying of players?"

Rodney: "No comment."

The noises coming from Frail suggest he doesnt think the season is over (he would say that of course) Every other action by the club recently suggest to me that they think the season IS over. i.e no new players and no new manager.

Assuming I am right about the club believing the season is over AND we are not being duped AGAIN and we are actually getting a manager, it would seem to me that there is no point in bringing one in for this season.

What I think will happen is that the manager will be identified, within the club but not publicly, pretty soon but wont actually start work until the close/pre season. In the interim period he'll be asked to get knowledge of the squad from what games remain and establish what he needs and who he doesnt need. (I'd expect a lot of rotation towards the end of the season so that he can see everyone we have)

He'll be announced in the last week or so before season ticket renewal (if we are getting a manager Romanov dare not leave it for very long into the renewal period) although he wont take over officially until pre-season training resumes.

I cant remember when renewal time started last season except that it was before the end of the season( correct me if I am wrong)

I predict no new manager in place before the end of the season but we will know who it is around the first or second week in April. If it goes into June or July and we still havent got one then we've been lied to, simple as that.

Archived