Our Season is not Over!!

Pedrolister

We are only (I know thats a big statement with last's years form) a few wins from the top 6, then who knows. Dependant who gets into the Scottish Cup Final, may be a extra Uefa place via the league in 4th, something that if we put a little run together is achievable. Its not like the other teams in and around us are super consistent themselves.

We can climb up the league as quickly as we have fallen down it, so lets keep behind the team and see what happens.

IMO, the season is nowhere near over, still 42pts to play for!!

Mon the cabbage

1 Rangers 22 35 53

2 Celtic 22 36 49

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Dundee Utd 24 6 38

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 Motherwell 21 3 35

5 Aberdeen 24 -5 33

6 Falkirk 24 -4 32

7 Inverness CT 23 -5 31

8 Hibernian 22 0 28

9 Hearts 24 -6 27

10 St Mirren 22 -20 25

11 Kilmarnock 24 -11 22

12 Gretna 22 -29 13

The league table is still very tight (bar the old firm)

I don't share your optimism.

Neither do the club, or they'd have strengthened the squad and brought a manager in to increase the chances of it actually happening.

I'm going to be optimistic and think we will get 22 points before the split:)

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Fixtures/0,,10289,00.html

I think 19 is more likely, and that would still be enough for a top six finish IMO. Once we get past February, if we are still in contention, we've got an easier looking run to the split.

It all depends how many players and coaches still believe we are right in there with a chance. The owner certainly doesnt.

The team in 4th are 8 points ahead with 3 games in hand.

Forgive me if I don't share your sentiments.

They'll have to play us twice though (if we reach the top six before the split). Beat them twice and we've got a shout. Lose much more ground to them and we're fecked.

Got a point.

Think I'm talking myself in to thinking it's over so I won't be too gutted when it is.

A bit like last season, we were out of it, clawed our way back in and then slipped against the sheep.

Could see that happening again to be honest.

Nucky Thompson

I'd say 10-15 is much more realistic

Yes on form so far this season:rolleyes: Our last two league games have given me renewed optimism, take out the OF games and the other 7 are very winnable. I think the least we'll get out of the Huns home game is a draw.

Toxteth O'Grady
Yes on form so far this season:rolleyes: Our last two league games have given me renewed optimism, take out the OF games and the other 7 are very winnable. I think the least we'll get out of the Huns home game is a draw.

The way we've been this season I'm nor writing off the OF games, it's the others that worry me.

If we can finally break our duck against Gretna then that would be a good first step.

The show aint over til Michelle McManus sings

Nucky Thompson
if frail comes out and ask us to win our next 5 games then our season is donald ducked
That hacked me off when he came out with that:( Those statements usually come back to bite you on the ass:rolleyes:

Got a point.

Think I'm talking myself in to thinking it's over so I won't be too gutted when it is.

A bit like last season, we were out of it, clawed our way back in and then slipped against the sheep.

Could see that happening again to be honest.

Not a bad shout.

Getting into the top six before the split is the easy part. Pushing on from there in the last 5 games and snatching 4th (hopefully for a place in Europe) might be a bit beyond us.

Guest Dr Venkman
We are only (I know thats a big statement with last's years form) a few wins from the top 6, then who knows. Dependant who gets into the Scottish Cup Final, may be a extra Uefa place via the league in 4th, something that if we put a little run together is achievable. Its not like the other teams in and around us are super consistent themselves.

We can climb up the league as quickly as we have fallen down it, so lets keep behind the team and see what happens.

Straight out the Stephen Frail book of mindless optimism.

Aye, right. Your lucky you don't have to watch it every week !

Sadly Erik, I am with you. I do not see where we will win anything, and I am usually an optimistic type.

Do not see top 6. however OP may be right, season is not over, we still have relegation to fight against!!!!

(I should quantify this and say I don't think relegation is a reality either!!)

Archived