where will we play during stadium redevelopment?

Greenbank2

So, despite all the "I'll believe it when I see it" sceptics and muppets posting to this and other boards, the planning application for redevelopment goes in exactly in line with the schedule that's been on the official site and in the McLeod St. ticket office for months. It is going to happen. Just as everyone at HMFC said it would.

But where will we play when the construction work starts? I won't name the source of this info, but it is 100% genuine.

Early last year, Hearts approached Livingston to enquire about the possibility of playing at Almondvale. The club were very open with their intentions which were outlined to the stadioum director at Almondvale as follows.

We want to play our matches at tynie while it's being redeveloped, and will do all we can to enable this. However, the club are worried about the necessary certificates that will be required in, what will be, a bit if a building site, and while they'll do all they can to acquire the necessary permissions, they need a contingency which is why Livingston were approached. Also in the running were Murrayfield (club do not want to go there as it is expensive and has no atmosphere) and Easter Road (never a realistic candidate, but the club want to be seen to be acting professionally and evaluating all options).

We should just do what Arsenal done and stick a massive board with wee faces to cover construction and play at our home

still more than Almondvale

In addition to Almondvale, Murrayfield and Fester Road, the other options apparently being considered are Hampden and East End Park. None of the options are particularly appealing to me.

Murrayfield-Location good, but too big and the atmosphere will be terrible.

Fester Rd-Can't see many wanting to line Petries pockets!

Hampden: Nightmare to get to, again too big.

Almondvale: Capacity only 10,000

East End Park: Capacity only 12,000

I reckon if at all feasible remaining at Tynie with just 3 stands has to better than any of the above. The capacity will be reduced to approx 13,000 but this is greater than either Livi or Dunfermline.

Although staying at Tynecastle would be great, they'd need to sort dressing rooms, kit room, press faclilities, hospitality etc, which might have been okay if we'd already had some sort of development under the Wheatfield.

Can't see our 'stars' being too chuffed about getting ready in a portacabin.

Fine Scottish Wine

After this season i can see the season ticket sales fall by quite a bit so i see no problem in playing at Tynecastle fanwise, How they would cope with hospitality, players changing etc i am not sure. If possible though i would prefer Tynecastle, failing that Murrayfield despite it's failings. Big no to sharing with any other SPL club or playing outwith Edinburgh for me.

londonjambo72

I really hope the stadium redevelpoment happens as i believe this was vlad's plan along as the investment value for the hotel, offices etc is the real driver for this redevelopment and not the redevelopment of the pitch

/stands. i must however add caution that submitting a planning application means nothing unless 1) it is successful and 2) followed through. i sincerely hope 1) and 2) happen!! Come the JT's

I put down that we should if possible play Cat A games at Murrayfield and cat B games at Tynie.

That way we can get back some of the lost revenue from the reduced capacity at Tynie by giving ourselves the old firm and Hibs as many tickets as they want. If we get the pricing right, we might even get enough people to create a bit of atmosphere at M Field. And dont forget all of the other competitive M Field games have been in europe with few away fans.

I did also say that we might have to get the rules changed to allow this to happen within the SFA / SPL, but surely that wont be a problem for a club of our standing. :rolleyes:

Murrayfield,all the other "alternatives" are negotiating tools to get a decent deal.

Correct.

i cant see changing rooms being a big problem, there is more than enough space under the wheatfield to accomidate them, in a development this size the money for this is a minor detail, plus that could be a great start to some-one opening something under there when the new stand is complete,,, big bar anyone?

I put down that we should if possible play Cat A games at Murrayfield and cat B games at Tynie.

I did also say that we might have to get the rules changed to allow this to happen within the SFA / SPL, but surely that wont be a problem for a club of our standing. :rolleyes:

Will never happen.

I'd be happy with Easter Road to be honest.

That way we can get back some of the lost revenue from the reduced capacity at Tynie by giving ourselves the old firm and Hibs as many tickets as they want. If we get the pricing right, we might even get enough people to create a bit of atmosphere at M Field. And dont forget all of the other competitive M Field games have been in europe with few away fans.

Yep, I agree. If (and its a big if) we get a decent team/manager together and get on a run, we could get a few big attendencies at Murrayfield next year.

So, despite all the "I'll believe it when I see it" sceptics and muppets posting to this and other boards, the planning application for redevelopment goes in exactly in line with the schedule that's been on the official site and in the McLeod St. ticket office for months. It is going to happen. Just as everyone at HMFC said it would.

We want to play our matches at tynie while it's being redeveloped, and will do all we can to enable this. However, the club are worried about the necessary certificates that will be required in, what will be, a bit if a building site, and while they'll do all they can to acquire the necessary permissions, they need a contingency which is why Livingston were approached. Also in the running were Murrayfield (club do not want to go there as it is expensive and has no atmosphere) and Easter Road (never a realistic candidate, but the club want to be seen to be acting professionally and evaluating all options).

If Murrayfield is too expensive and we can't play at Tynecastle building site then it will have to be Livingston as it cannot be Easter Rd.

I'd prefer we play at Murrayfield though.

Can't see our 'stars' being too chuffed about getting ready in a portacabin.

Could we not use Tynecastle School ?

Will never happen.

Yeah that's why I used the sarcy smily.

And here lies the inherant problem in Scottish football, where a sensible option is immediatly discarded because it breaks the current rules.

If this was a solution for Rangers if and when they go about doing the project at Ibrox suddenly the rules would become a bit more flexible.

I agree that developing under the wheatfield for temporary use as changing rooms etc is a great idea, much could be done with it after that. You never know it might even allow pie man somewhere to store his classic cars.:rolleyes:

Murrayfield I hope... don't see any other decent shout in the options given. Easter Road... is probably the most suitable... but its the vermin so that just a big no. Murrayfield despite its short comings is where my vote goes. Plus who knows what the atmosphere would be like in a game that is exciting. Having been to all the games there... There was not much to shout about in any of them really.

Also... give away 20000 tickets to school kids for the quiet games versus ICT and Gretna etc. That way a parent is probably going to have to come along and buy one. Anyway im sure the marketing people will sort something out.

Easter Road as I could walk to the games in 10 minutes.

No decent pubs though so that puts the kibosh on that idea. So lets just stay at Tynie.

cobbyshambles

Murrayfield's fine because it's not a huge distance from tynie and it's not a permanent move which was feared a few seasons back.

Murrayfield I hope... don't see any other decent shout in the options given. Easter Road... is probably the most suitable... but its the vermin so that just a big no. Murrayfield despite its short comings is where my vote goes. Plus who knows what the atmosphere would be like in a game that is exciting. Having been to all the games there... There was not much to shout about in any of them really.

Also... give away 20000 tickets to school kids for the quiet games versus ICT and Gretna etc. That way a parent is probably going to have to come along and buy one. Anyway im sure the marketing people will sort something out.

I like that idea, how about a free child season ticket for every adult one sold?

East End Park is my favoured option if Tynie is a no go.

It's only 15 minutes on a train from Haymarket and the pubs in Dunfermline have always been very welcoming to us.

I like that idea, how about a free child season ticket for every adult one sold?

Like that idea, watch out or you'll get a job with Hearts marketing Dep't.

Even better, how about 3 free kids STs

With the dosh mine spend when they come along it's a sure fire winner !

Bah Humbug !

I'm not too bothered where we go, as long as it isn't Almondvale.

Murrayfield is my preferred option, with the chance of getting 20+ thousand crowds should performances pick up).

Tynecastle would be great, and we could see progress being made, though crowds would peak at just over 12K.

ER isn't a bad option for me to be honest. Size wise, it's perfect for us and the atmosphere is good too. But how many Hearts fans would refuse to go?

Almondvale and EEP? No thanks.

Buffalo Bill

Like that idea, watch out or you'll get a job with Hearts marketing Dep't.

Even better, how about 3 free kids STs

With the dosh mine spend when they come along it's a sure fire winner !

Bah Humbug !

Great idea but..........

I don't know if this link will work but if it does go to page 65 and read on from there. It might give you an idea of what the SRU want from Hearts for Murrayfield. An extra ?5 a head for over 18,000 seats sold.

http://www.britishlinen.co.uk/pdf/clients/Hearts%20Final_Offer%20Document.pdf

Play at Murrayfield...Drop the prices of season tickets OR Buy 1 get a childs 1 free...I think people would turn up, IF they get thngs sorted on the Park!! If not and it's as it is at the moment, Livi will be big enough!! :mad:

loveofthegame

But where will we play when the construction work starts? I won't name the source of this info, but it is 100% genuine.

Early last year, Hearts approached Livingston to enquire about the possibility of playing at Almondvale. The club were very open with their intentions which were outlined to the stadioum director at Almondvale as follows.

I hardly think you're a muppet for stating 'ill believe it when i see it.' This is afterall, Vladimir Romanov we're talking about. However, actions are louder than words and todays announcement is a massive step in the right direction but is still a long way from the stand actually being built.

Until then i will remain sceptical, doesn't make me a muppet though.

And in answer to the thread, i hope we can find someway of remaining at Tynie. Any other option doesn't appeal to me at all but we'll just have to wait and see. Wherever we go ill be there.

If we play at Murrayfield, then 'kids allowed in for a quid' woud be an attractive sales pitch for parents and er, 'the kids'.

Plus the Hampton has a slick serving bottle bar which will do me nicely.

Buffalo Bill

Murrayfield,all the other "alternatives" are negotiating tools to get a decent deal.

Agree with you there Colonel.

Murrayfield is a decent stadium and has to be the choice. The problem of size would only have arisen if it was to be a permanent move. If it's temporary we can all put up with it. The fact that it's nearby and people don't have to alter their matchday routine is a big plus. It must be possible to get a good deal out of the SRU (who are in serious financial bother and were trying to sell the ground and move to Stirling not so long ago).

East End Park - nothing against Fife, but please...

Easter Road - you must be joking.

Almondvale - nobody would want to go to Livingston except people who live there (and even they would welcome the chance to leave).

Great idea but..........

I don't know if this link will work but if it does go to page 65 and read on from there. It might give you an idea of what the SRU want from Hearts for Murrayfield. An extra ?5 a head for over 18,000 seats sold.

http://www.britishlinen.co.uk/pdf/clients/Hearts%20Final_Offer%20Document.pdf

?5 was for Euro games, SPL games would be less, as below.

Regardless, Hearts will drive a bargain with SRU who currently have a fairly poor negotiating position. (Perversely, fans publically saying they won't go to Fester Road helps SRU position).

Finally, and again assuming a commencement date of 1 July 2005, the Spectator Fee payable in

respect of the first three years of the agreement was to be ?3.25 per person, ?3.50 per person and

?3.75 per person respectively, payable by the Company to the SRU within seven days of any

Hearts match played at Murrayfield Stadium in respect of which there were more than 18,000

spectators (of whatever capacity or type) present.

Regardless, Hearts will drive a bargain with SRU who currently have a fairly poor negotiating position. (Perversely, fans publically saying they won't go to Fester Road helps SRU position).

Easter Road! Brilliant! Let's go there! And I know for a fact every Hearts fan in the universe agrees, whatever they may say in public and whatever I may have said in an earlier post.

Does that help strengthen our position?

And can I wash my hands now? They seem strangely dirty from typing that....

From a selfish point of view I would go for East End Park as I could walk there.

From a practical point of view it has to be Murrayfield due to size and location. I am not too worried about losing home advantage for a season or two because we've been rubbish at Tynie lately anyway.

Easter Road! Brilliant! Let's go there! And I know for a fact every Hearts fan in the universe agrees, whatever they may say in public and whatever I may have said in an earlier post.

Does that help strengthen our position?

And can I wash my hands now? They seem strangely dirty from typing that....

Yes, use dettol!

a 3 sided tynecastle will be more than adequate if our current form continues ;).

seriously, i'd still play our home games there, subject to H&S regulations but take the OF (& maybe the docksiders) to Murrayfield so we can screw them for as much money as we can, after all there will always be plenty of them willing to pay ?30+ a ticket. :527:

Unlikely to be ER, as they will most likely be in the middle of building work also.

Maybe the two of us could ground share at Murrayfield :eek:

If Murrayfield is too expensive and we can't play at Tynecastle building site then it will have to be Livingston as it cannot be Easter Rd.

I'd prefer we play at Murrayfield though.

Doesn't the SPL rules preclude a club sharing a non-SPL ground. This would exclude Almondvale and East End Park.

It's likely to be Murrayfield, IMHO.

?5 was for Euro games, SPL games would be less, as below.

Finally, and again assuming a commencement date of 1 July 2005, the Spectator Fee payable in

respect of the first three years of the agreement was to be ?3.25 per person, ?3.50 per person and

?3.75 per person respectively, payable by the Company to the SRU within seven days of any

Hearts match played at Murrayfield Stadium in respect of which there were more than 18,000

spectators (of whatever capacity or type) present.

Fair enough but the point I as was making was about letting the kids in for free with adults.

They can't let 10,000 kids in for free if the SRU are going to charge Hearts ?3.25 per head on crowds over 18,000.

I'm all for it if the SRU drop that demand.

10,000 screaming kids :wacko::wacko:

ER for me (purely selfish reasons :)

I hate the idea of spending months at Muddyfield. If we thought that crowds were declining, wait until a lot of the 'marginals' experience the lack of atmos for a few weeks !

Archived