Animal Help Required

Jambojohnnyboy

Jambojohnnyboy

We have a cockateil that we just can't keep anymore, he's not the friendliest of birds but today he has attacked my partners face and cut her around the eye. With Kids being in the house we can longer take the risk of keeping him.Does anyone know if there is a place we can take him, obviously we don't want to put him down but we've tried for so long to change his behaviour and nothing is working.As heartbreaking as it is for us we feel this is our only option.

That's a shame JJB.

Was it out of character for him to go off on one like that - is he maybe just not more tetchy than usual because it's moult time?

Anyway, see if you can get in touch with the Scottish Cockatiel Association online - don't think they have forums but you should be able to e-mail someone there and they might be able to help you find him a new home.

They helped me out when my 'tiel went through a bad spell last year.

They're great fun to have around the house, real shame....

Jambojohnnyboy

I wish it was a bad spell he is going through but he has been like that since day 1. He is constantly scratching and clawing us. We bought him a playpark and everything but he is just the same. We have three young children and now feel that he might do the same to them. My partner is lucky this time it was not in her eye or she could of lost it. Thank you for the advice and we will try and see if we can get him re-homed.

Archived