Ghana - Nigeria

Rawrrrrrrr

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Like him or not, Romanov deserves credit for bringing him to Hearts.

Boo Hiss.

For every Kingston there are 3 'Lithos'.

Blah blah.

:rolleyes:

Walter Bishop
Is Larry's Brother in Goals for Ghana???? or just have the same surname...

Yes its his brother but they have different surnames, Larrys should be Kingson not Kingston read somewhere its to do with the wrong being put on passport forms or something??

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I really enjoy watching these African games, they are very different from European games.

Less emphasis on tactics and more emphasis on technical ability.

The goalkeepers are usually crap but that's resulted in some amazing goals!

If you mean the time when Annan clearly thrust his finger in Mikel's eye, then yes, that is the occasion I am talking about.

Thrust my erse.Even the commentators were embarrassed with his antics.

Boo Hiss.

For every Kingston there are 3 'Lithos'.

Blah blah.

:rolleyes:

I wouldn't mind another 30 'Lithos' then. ;)

Yes its his brother but they have different surnames, Larrys should be Kingson not Kingston read somewhere its to do with the wrong being put on passport forms or something??

Richard's surname was incorrectly printed on a strip at a youth tournament, and it has stuck ever since.

Thrust my erse.Even the commentators were embarrassed with his antics.

While I won't pathetically attempt to patronise you with regard to your opinion on the game, I will suggest you should "open your eyes" in future, if you didn't see what Annan did.

His brother looks a bomb scare. Seen him have a howler for Birmingham as well.

His brother aint half a bad player.

Richard's surname was incorrectly printed on a strip at a youth tournament, and it has stuck ever since.

Almost certain that isn't the case.

It's Larrys name that is incorrect, it should be Kingson.

I really enjoy watching these African games, they are very different from European games.

Less emphasis on tactics and more emphasis on technical ability.

The goalkeepers are usually crap but that's resulted in some amazing goals!

Thats what i like about it.Although the Ghana coach won it today by changing tactics.Took of a centre forward and bought on Larry.All of a sudden Ghana were playing through the wings and looked mutch better for it.

Brilliant save from Larry's brother in goals as well after a poor headed clearance.

Larry's showboating was lovely.

If Ghana win this thing, it really could do Larry's confidence wonders and we might see a better player..

Ghana seems to **** up like that on a regular basis. "Draman" who played today's real names actually "Dramani", they cocked up Paintsil's name at one point aswell.

I'm basing what I said on an interview with Larryea Kingston - however, fair play if you know better.

Walter Bishop

No its defo Larry`s name thats wrong!!

Walter Bishop

Taken from a site with info on Larry!!

Well known as an uncompromising and hardworking player by fellow professionals, Kingston's determined style has occasionally caused him problems, most notably when representing the Ghanaian national side at the 2006 African Cup of Nations, when he was sent off during Ghana's 1-0 victory over Senegal following an altercation with Habib Beye. Both players subsequently received unprecedented 4-match suspensions, which resultantly ruled Kingston out of contention for the Ghana squad for 2006 World Cup.

Kingston returned to prominence for the Black Stars in February 2007 though, scoring in their 4-1 victory over Nigeria in London.

Trivia

Kingston's elder brother Richard is also a professional footballer, who played as goalkeeper in all 4 of Ghana's matches at the 2006 World Cup.

His real surname is 'Kingson', but an administrative error when applying for a passport resulted in his name being recorded as 'Kingston'

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/sport/Chance-would-be-a-fine.3739020.jp

Off the field, there is a self-effacing shyness about him, which perhaps explains why he has never bothered to correct anybody over the pronunciation of his name: it is not "La-ree-ya", as most people call him, but "Lar-yay". The confusion over his surname is also readily explicable. Richard, his half-brother, the Ghana and Birmingham City goalkeeper, spells his Kingson without a T, but that is an error resulting from a spelling mistake on his shirt at a youth tournament.

Their father, who was also a Ghana international goalkeeper, has the T.

Taken from a site with info on Larry!!

Well known as an uncompromising and hardworking player by fellow professionals, Kingston's determined style has occasionally caused him problems, most notably when representing the Ghanaian national side at the 2006 African Cup of Nations, when he was sent off during Ghana's 1-0 victory over Senegal following an altercation with Habib Beye. Both players subsequently received unprecedented 4-match suspensions, which resultantly ruled Kingston out of contention for the Ghana squad for 2006 World Cup.

Kingston returned to prominence for the Black Stars in February 2007 though, scoring in their 4-1 victory over Nigeria in London.

Trivia

Kingston's elder brother Richard is also a professional footballer, who played as goalkeeper in all 4 of Ghana's matches at the 2006 World Cup.

His real surname is 'Kingson', but an administrative error when applying for a passport resulted in his name being recorded as 'Kingston'

And another.......

http://http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/birmingham_city/6266600.stm

Personally, I do not profess to know what is actually fact in this case. Your Wikipedia quote could have been written by anyone, but I have read enough pish on the BBC and Scotsman website not to take what they say as fact, either.

Well done to Vlad for getting such a top world class talent to Hearts

Agreed.

Let's hope we can keep him come summer, get a decent manager in who will be able to work unhindered by Vlad-politics, and then sign a few more class players to do his quality some justice.

Top of my list are: 2 quality full-backs.

1 quality striker.

1 quality left winger

1 quality centre half

1 decent goalkeeper

1 quality central midfielder.

I read before the tournament that Larry had mentioned to Hearts that the Ghana right back (pinsel??) was available and was pushing Hearts to make a move for him....he looked ok today, certainly not shy in going in for a tackle and him playing behind Larry would benefit both players I reckon

P.S the boy earlier who criticised Junior Agogo....shame on you ;)

He's a Forest legend and clinically stuck that chance away from 3 yards

I read before the tournament that Larry had mentioned to Hearts that the Ghana right back (pinsel??) was available and was pushing Hearts to make a move for him....he looked ok today, certainly not shy in going in for a tackle and him playing behind Larry would benefit both players I reckon

P.S the boy earlier who criticised Junior Agogo....shame on you ;)

He's a Forest legend and clinically stuck that chance away from 3 yards

I take it he is s***e for Forrest.Looks okay in this tournie though.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Love these African games - either they are told not to sit back and defend or they're that bad at it they just don't bother. Tackling comprises of taksteaming in and seeing if you got the ball afterwards and whenever they get within 20-25 yards its none of this curling, placing nonsense with these boys - just gets leathered. Great stuff!

Does that mean we should just jack it in, and not play our best players?

Good shout.

I didnt suggest we jack it in , i'm sure we can survive the Gretna game without Larry . Me hoping LK does well in the African nations is hardly going to affect our season , is it.

Loved the commentary after the showboating by Larry!

"All the tricks in the book, changed the whole game for Ghana, he is a world class player !";)

Loved the commentary after the showboating by Larry!

"All the tricks in the book, changed the whole game for Ghana, he is a world class player !";)

Better get whoever said that told. JKB has decided Larry is not World class. Good as gospel now. ;)

PS whether he is World class ot not doesn't really matter. He is brilliant. Good enough for me.

Archived