Muddyfield

Toxteth O'Grady

Toxteth O'Grady

I suppose the club will have to make a decision fairly soon about arrangements for next season.

They can't really ask people in the old stand to renew season tickets without knowing where they will be sitting.

When do we find out if planning permission is granted?

I'll never understand how the barbour brigade get away with insisting that rugby is a gentleman's sport. A few minutes ago there were about eight players involved in a mini rammy which I'm pretty sure involved at least one head butt and nothing happens. Zilch. Nada.

:wacko:

How refined.

Drylaw Hearts
I'll never understand how the barbour brigade get away with insisting that rugby is a gentleman's sport. A few minutes ago there were about eight players involved in a mini rammy which I'm pretty sure involved at least one head butt and nothing happens. Zilch. Nada.

How refined.

They also used to say Boxing was a Gentlemans Sport.

Mike Tyson ended that myth single handidly.

How refined.

The saying used to go 'Rugby, a sport played by ruffians for gentlemen; football, a sport played by gentlemen for ruffians'.

In the case of the headbutt, it was a player pushing his head against the head of another player and was rightly punished by a penalty to France. In football we would have seen the French player go down as if he'd been shot from the roof of the stand.

The constant sniping at each other by the two sets of fans is totally tedious. Not sure why they feel the need to compare. They are two great but different sports.

I've realised there is something worse than the pitch.

Dan ****ing Parks.

& Rory Lamont.

****ing useless ******.

ToadKiller Dog

Whats with the french coaches all resplendent in there White turtle neck sweaters and black jackets like a cool jazz trio.

Francis Albert

Yes "Muddyfield" looks in a poor state - though not quite poor enough to get the game cancelled like at Easter Road, Tynecastle, Motherwell, Ibrox ... etc in recent weeks. And of course it is not a football stadium like the magnificent SFA 5 star accomodation that we all enjoyed visiting on Wednesday night ...

Miller Jambo 60
Whats with the french coaches all resplendent in there White turtle neck sweaters and black jackets like a cool jazz trio.

15 x doug 46 think about it;)

The Chinchilla
Yes "Muddyfield" looks in a poor state - though not quite poor enough to get the game cancelled like at Easter Road, Tynecastle, Motherwell, Ibrox ... etc in recent weeks. And of course it is not a football stadium like the magnificent SFA 5 star accomodation that we all enjoyed visiting on Wednesday night ...

I'm not sure where else we would play then but Murrayfield is a better option than Easter Road that's for sure. And the cost of building the stand goes up if they can't use the pitch for construction. And they finish it quicker. If we do use Murrayfield then just need to make it our own and create some atmosphere. Let's get all those who were there for the Barcelona game back out.

I wonder if it would be possible for Edinburgh Rugby to play at Tynecastle for the year while we play at Murrayfield. It would be good for both because we would be able to steadily grow our support while Edinburgh wouldn't have to play infront of 65,000 empty seats and they would have a better atmosphere. This sort of agreement would make sure the pitch is a high standard.

I suppose the club will have to make a decision fairly soon about arrangements for next season.

They can't really ask people in the old stand to renew season tickets without knowing where they will be sitting.

When do we find out if planning permission is granted?

Expect it wil take at least 4 months - probably longer.

Don't think work will begin until May 09 and we'll stay at Tynie during

re-development (if H&S/SFA permit).

I have to say that having visted both Hampden Park on Wednesday and Murrayfield today, the latter is the better venue by far IMO. And if you're seated behind the goal at Murrayfield, although not totally ideal, you can still see what's happening at the other end of the pitch without the aid of the Hubble telescope.

Toxteth O'Grady
Expect it wil take at least 4 months - probably longer.

Don't think work will begin until May 09 and we'll stay at Tynie during

re-development (if H&S/SFA permit).

Thanks dude.

I can't see it starting in August now either.

Archived