Bednar fee agreed it seems

Sooperstar

Tony Mowbray says and maybe WBA just wanted to keep the cash in the bank a bit longer

Theres absolutly no chance they wont sign him, even if its just to sell him again

As it will need Bednar to agree to the deal as well, it is highly unlikely they would be able to sign him only to sell him again for more money. As I said on another thread yesterday, the best hope for us now is that he keeps scoring and attracts the attentions of an established EPL club. If that was to happen, Bednar might reject a move to WBA, allowing us to negotiate a higher price.

As it will need Bednar to agree to the deal as well, it is highly unlikely they would be able to sign him only to sell him again for more money. As I said on another thread yesterday, the best hope for us now is that he keeps scoring and attracts the attentions of an established EPL club. If that was to happen, Bednar might reject a move to WBA, allowing us to negotiate a higher price.

Why not?

We did it with Rudi

All they have to do is get bednar to agree to it, most likely by a financial incentive

He certainly doesnt owe romanov anything

A big piece about Bednar down here in the Observer today.

Kevin Phillips reclons he is one of the best finishers he's ever seen - although apparently didn't think much of him when he signed (apparently had a back problem at the time). The journo says Bednar is 6' 3" - maybe it's the wrong guy :ninja:

Just a thought but Burley stated that Bednar was the best young striker he had worked with. Strangely no bid for him when he was Saints Manager. Bednar played some stinkers for us and to be truthfull i think 1 - 1.5 Million would be a fair/good price for us.

Sorry, I did intend to post sense there, but my wee laddie got a hold of the keyboard. I think the wee man makes a valid point for an 8 month old :rolleyes:

The more he keeps scoring the more we get.

Hopefully they willg et promoted then we could be talking at least 2 million!

I think the figure agreed for Bednar will be around the ?1million mark.

Give or take ?250,000.

Then we could take it to a tribunal and get it reduced to ?150k.:ahhhhhhh:

My info is that if they get promoted its more money so although all of you slaughter PL it seems to me he has got is sussed in this deal.

that's not rocket science to build in an extra amount based on promotion.

lopez is a divvy. in the wrong job.

A big piece about Bednar down here in the Observer today.

Kevin Phillips reclons he is one of the best finishers he's ever seen - although apparently didn't think much of him when he signed (apparently had a back problem at the time). The journo says Bednar is 6' 3" - maybe it's the wrong guy :ninja:

so not only have they got him scoring goals, they have also sorted his back problem... probably inflicted by vlad with his left hook last summer...

Sorry, I did intend to post sense there, but my wee laddie got a hold of the keyboard. I think the wee man makes a valid point for an 8 month old :rolleyes:

Already he's talking more sense than HoG and Prancer

The more he keeps scoring the more we get.

Hopefully they willg et promoted then we could be talking at least 2 million!

Who's "we" in this context?

The same "we" that got ?9m for Gordon?

Who's "we" in this context?

The same "we" that got ?9m for Gordon?

Probably the same 'we' that's keeping us at Tynecastle.

Nelly Terraces

Someone posted on here a few days back that Frail had said there'd been no fee agreed wi WBA regarding Bednar, so that contradicts what folk are saying about Pedro L. Sounds confusing, as always.

Guess a case of wait and see, again.

Whats the goin rate for strikers in that league?I would not take nothin less than the goin rate because he`s proved himself down there,they`re also at the top of the league and when they do get promoted West brom will get a good few million.:dribble:

Whats the goin rate for strikers in that league?I would not take nothin less than the goin rate because he`s proved himself down there,they`re also at the top of the league and when they do get promoted West brom will get a good few million.:dribble:

Bednar had lost the approval of VR, and VR was desperate to get him out of the club.

Therefore Hearts will not get the going rate for Bednar.

Monkeyheid and Bednar have made a fool out of VR on this one.

for all the good it is doing....

Aye exactly. What's the point of staying at Tynie if it's just to watch the playing side getting ****ed over by Vlad and his useless lackies?

Bednar was pish for us, he can **** off to West Brom. Most overrated player ever.

seems to be doing ok for WBA.

he's scoring goals.:rolleyes:

Bednar was pish for us, he can **** off to West Brom. Most overrated player ever.

looked overweight (fulton esc)

never fit (always some injury)

poor touch (kevin twaddle)

couldnt hit a backside arse with a banjo (erik bo andersson)

never kicked a ball after he signed his 5 year contract with us (remember we were the best club in the world and he wanted to stay forever)

as said somewhere else, burley's thoughts on him obviuosly changed when he went to southampton or he would have bid for him

thanks roman, but no thanks

Tony Mowbray says and maybe WBA just wanted to keep the cash in the bank a bit longer

Theres absolutly no chance they wont sign him, even if its just to sell him again

And Tony Mowbray also said he was not going to leave Hibs or let certain players leave, and weeks later...

not a bad fee but i still thought we could have squeezed a bit more out of them, whats another million when someones doin the business for them cause they`re headin for a big cash windfall if they go up.;) anyway.

Shows clearly what you know about the game.

Ah, the good old Kickback responses :

"You disagree with me? You know **** all about football!"

You haven't called me stupid yet, or indeed a "Hobo". This is disappointing.

Ah, how I've missed this place.

Ah, the good old Kickback responses :

"You disagree with me? You know **** all about football!"

You haven't called me stupid yet, or indeed a "Hobo". This is disappointing.

Ah, how I've missed this place.

The most overrated player was a classic even by your standards.............

The most overrated player was a classic even by your standards.............

Bednar scored 14 goals in two seasons for us. That's the same amount as Dennis Wyness. Move over, Pele, for you the axe has fallen.

Archived