Mail on Sunday says Vlad wants McGhee

Devries4

The Mail on Sunday this morning is reporting that Vlad wants McGhee and needs to decide whether or not to go for him now or at the end of the season, even though it goes on to state that Mcghee may wish to honour his Motherwell contract of two years.

Mind you they do go on to to mention Jim Jeffries and Craig Levein as possible candidates as well.

And even more amazing is that Motherwell's next game isn't against Rangers.

The Mail on Sunday this morning is reporting that Vlad wants McGhee and needs to decide whether or not to go for him now or at the end of the season, even though it goes on to state that Mcghee may wish to honour his Motherwell contract of two years.

Mind you they do go on to to mention Jim Jeffries and Craig Levein as possible candidates as well.

And even more amazing is that Motherwell's next game isn't against Rangers.

Vlad will probably wait the 2 years

Gives him a ready packed excuse for the next 2 years:)

maroonlegions
Vlad will probably wait the 2 years

Gives him a ready packed excuse for the next 2 years:)

yep, keeps us all hanging by our b**** for a bit longer eh.:P

VR has (IMO) given up on this season completely. I believe that had we won against Motherwell our "manager hunt" would have continued apace. Now, I don't think he cares about this season. If our club seem to give up on a season, why should the fans continue to fund it?

IMO, Mark McGhee will not be approached for right now, if he is even a target. If he is to be approached, he will not be approached 'til the close season.

Please let it be true.

This is my number 1 choice.

The man is class. Talks a very good game.

Buffalo Bill

If Vlad is wanting McGee. Go for him, why the hell wait to the summer, then risk being told no and start again?

I doubt very much McGee would leave Motherwell for us, even with us paying much higher wages. He would be taking a huge risk coming to us. He is getting many plaudits at Motherwell he is safe until something he really likes come along. Maybe the Aberdeen, possibly Celtic job?

Anyway so nearly one month on Vlad is now considering whether to make and approach either of McGee, Levein, or Jefferies. I suspect the paper knows nost and is just linking us with the obvious canditates, which we were being linked with over one month ago.

Paragraph two, I would say that McGhee would leave for a job he feels is too good to miss. I would suspect that the Hearts job would NOT fall into that category. He may consider at the end of the season though.

Paragraph three, I agree. Thirty four days after the announcement that we are looking for a manager, we read rumours about candidates. I stress announcement, when they decided to tell us that they were looking for a manager, I did not believe for one second that if they were serious, they would not have already discussed possible appointments and got things going. IMO, if they were serious, the announcement to us would not be made until the process had begun.

If they were serious.

VR has (IMO) given up on this season completely. I believe that had we won against Motherwell our "manager hunt" would have continued apace. Now, I don't think he cares about this season. If our club seem to give up on a season, why should the fans continue to fund it?

IMO, Mark McGhee will not be approached for right now, if he is even a target. If he is to be approached, he will not be approached 'til the close season.

Just wondered if you sent this last year and it had got stuck in some time vortex.

It is THIS season you are talking about?

;)

Please let it be true.

Buffalo Bill

How would the mail know who VR wants ? Another leaked story to keep us ticking over IMO. Sick of the talking time for the club to show us some action.

Just wondered if you sent this last year and it had got stuck in some time vortex.

It is THIS season you are talking about?

;)

Hehehe!

I honestly feel that this season we have been pushed further out of his line of sight. Last year, we at least signed Kingston in January, a quality signing that could have helped push us on. This year? We DON'T get a manager and we only get one player as he threatened to take us to court if we didn't honour his contract to come here.

The Real Maroonblood
How would the mail know who VR wants ? Another leaked story to keep us ticking over IMO. Sick of the talking time for the club to show us some action.

As you say it is just more propaganda.

To be honest, BH, I don't see what difference approaching him now or in the summer will make to the job. Nothing will have changed at Tynie that would change his mind.

He would be interested in us or not. Though we agree it is very unlikely that a move to Tynie would be tempting enough to leave Motherwell. Ohh how times change!

I think Celtic may be a real option for him come the end of the season, particulary if Celtic win nothing this year. Strachan ain't the most popular at Parkhead. McGee ex player, stock sky high, would be a easy fit.

I think that the problem lies with McGhee saying he won't leave during the season post O'Donnell. For him to leave during this season, as stated above, it would have to be a "dream job" that he could not turn down. In that situation he would appeal to Motherwell for the move. The Hearts move may appeal to him, but I suspect it would not be so appealing that he would go against what he has already said re not leaving due to the death of O'Donnell.

I very much doubt that the Mail on Sunday know anything more than we do. The story might help sell a few more papers this morning.

I wouldn't want McGhee due to his past links with ra sellik. Soiled goods imho.

I'm sure youre right and it's all just a crock of ****.

But my view remains the same.

This is the guy I want to manage Hearts.

Buffalo Bill

I'm sure youre right and it's all just a crock of ****.

But my view remains the same.

This is the guy I want to manage Hearts.

Buffalo Bill

Mine too and no doubt many many more hearts fans minus the bigots of course. I have no doubt these feelings have not been missed by the hearts PR machine.

The White Cockade

I don't think Vlad will take your bigotry into account when naming the new manager Therapist

However can't see Mcghee coming here in a million years, or Levein either

too much self respect

Victor Meldrew

I agree wholeheartedly with you - we should NEVER have anyone who has any link with Celtic.

Just look at the problems it's caused in the past.....

That John Colquhoun, he caused us nothing but trouble. Just like Stephane Mahe - we should never have signed him. And as for that lifelong Celtic fan Paul Hartley, what did he ever do for us? :sarcasm:

What is your problem with having people who have a connection with Celtic? I thought we as a support were above the petty bigotry of the West of Scotland. For me, if someone can do a good job for us, then I'll take him whoever he is and whatever his previous connections were.

Mine too and no doubt many many more hearts fans minus the bigots of course. I have no doubt these feelings have not been missed by the hearts PR machine.

If only these feelings were picked up by those in charge though. Fans have been crying out for a manager for so long it is unbelievable. The sooner the club go down that route (be it McGhee or otherwise) the better.

Absolutely hated him as a player.

Would love him as our manager.

Doubt it will happen.

Think most of us feel the same tbtr. Probably 1 of the reason it won't happen. :rolleyes:

portobellojambo1

I do not think McGhee would come to Hearts.

If he were to leave Motherwell I suspect it would be for one of two other clubs in Scotland, Celtic or Aberdeen.

200milesfromgorgie

utter pish. Vlad would never tell the media who he wanted i bet Roman and Lopez are the only 2 people who have any idea who is on the short list. if there is one!

I very much doubt that the Mail on Sunday know anything more than we do. The story might help sell a few more papers this morning.[/QUOTE]

Exactly mate.

:o

hearts @ heart
Paragraph two, I would say that McGhee would leave for a job he feels is too good to miss. I would suspect that the Hearts job would NOT fall into that category. He may consider at the end of the season though.

Paragraph three, I agree. Thirty four days after the announcement that we are looking for a manager, we read rumours about candidates. I stress announcement, when they decided to tell us that they were looking for a manager, I did not believe for one second that if they were serious, they would not have already discussed possible appointments and got things going. IMO, if they were serious, the announcement to us would not be made until the process had begun.

If they were serious.

McGhee has applied for the Hearts Coach position on two previous occasions.

This shows he was very interested, as he never received a reply to his first letter.

Now theres a suprise! Know what, he never received a reply to second letter either.

Wonder if he has maintained his interest?

On the occasions he has been offered the chance by various media folk (chick dung being one of them), to openly critisise Hearts players, with Layrea kingston being the subject of supposed diving at Motherwell when Hearts won 2-0.

He has side stepped the issues and would not be drawn.

I like Mark and I think he would be a good appointment. The guy is alway's dignified and is well respected. He has went on record as saying he could not leave Motherwell after the recent events, untill the end of the season and then only at the boards permission.

If he would not break that promise for the Scotland job I could not see him walking out on Motherwell for the Hearts job.

We will all just have to wait and see.

Unfortunately I can see Mark one day replacing Strachan at Celtic.:sad:

jambos are go!

I've said before that MM was at the top of the most wanted list but Jeffries now seems to be front runner.

Seems people still believe we are really trying to get a manager,even though this season is finished. Having tried hard to keep the faith for the last three years I am no longer being taken in. Too many chances to show ambition have been and gone. We have a mediocre squad and the least experienced manager. I will keep going to the games but time for reality check. Fun while it lasted and the ridicule from other fans will die down in time.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
I very much doubt that the Mail on Sunday know anything more than we do. The story might help sell a few more papers this morning.

Not to me, it doesn't, even though it's usually the only Scottish paper left in our local newsagent here in Sheffield, by the time I get there. Sunday Ranger, rather than Daily Ranger. Don't touch it or its half-baked OF opinions.

Rant over. I'll get my coat.

Drylaw Hearts
Mark Mcghee hates Hearts and would never come to this club.

He's applied for the Hearts job twice in recent years.

I actually said yesterday that I thought we would wait until the Season is all but over before we approached McGee.

He has clearly stated his postion.

He won't leave Motherwell before the Season ends.

And he has already been through an interview that involved Campbell Ogilvie - albeit for the Scotland job.

IMO, McGee is the man Hearts want.

It didn't seem that way when he talked about Hearts, Tynecastle and us fans with the upmost respect.

I think you are quite wrong.

Buffalo Bill

Please let it be true.

Buffalo Bill

I didn't want him to get the Scotland job and i don't want him to get the Hearts job either.

His management career is patchy, and its only because he has had 4 half decent months at motherwell and is working in Scottish football that he is mentioned for these jobs.

He couldn't get a job in England so he came North to Motherwell, who are a mickey mouse club on a par with the likes of Rochdale.

Would you be happy with the manager from Rochdale ?

He may come across in the press well, but we need more than that.

He is certainly not class.

Elaborate?

He's never once bad mouthed us, in fact he's been nothing but a professional and gentleman since he came up here. His comments to the club with regards to the Phil O Donnell trubutes were spot on.

Toxteth O'Grady
I agree wholeheartedly with you - we should NEVER have anyone who has any link with Celtic.

That John Colquhoun, he caused us nothing but trouble. Just like Stephane Mahe - we should never have signed him. And as for that lifelong Celtic fan Paul Hartley, what did he ever do for us? :sarcasm:

What is your problem with having people who have a connection with Celtic? I thought we as a support were above the petty bigotry of the West of Scotland. For me, if someone can do a good job for us, then I'll take him whoever he is and whatever his previous connections were.

Aye and it was that fat Barsteward Fullton that got us a reputation for being diving cheats with his disgraceful actions in the first minute of 1998 Cup final:sarcasm:

I didn't want him to get the Scotland job and i don't want him to get the Hearts job either.

His management career is patchy, and its only because he has had 4 half decent months at motherwell and is working in Scottish football that he is mentioned for these jobs.

He couldn't get a job in England so he came North to Motherwell, who are a mickey mouse club on a par with the likes of Rochdale.

Would you be happy with the manager from Rochdale ?

He may come across in the press well, but we need more than that.

He is certainly not class.

Either of us could twist the stats of his career to make him look good or bad.

I can understand why you might think that, but I'm happy with my view on this.

'Class' s a matter of opinion, I guess.

Cheers,

Buffalo Bill

For a seemingly intelligent guy you do have some pretty major blind spots. :wacko:

I too would not have anyone who had connections with Celtic OR Rangers! Rightly or wrongly I think a vast majority of people with these associations actually believe the OF duopoly is impenetrable. I don't believe this and VR certainly doesn't. If a manager goes in and thinks the best we could is 3rd then that is defeatism. I would therefore be amazed that VR would back track and hire an ex-OF player/manager/coach.

ToadKiller Dog

Mcghee does not sound like a petty bitter type of person who hates other clubs,he seems a bit more grown up than that.

He did say when up for the scotland job that he would not leave well until the season was up ,i think he would stick to that.

I see all the paranoid folk again are jumping on a rumour as propaganda from tynecastle ,i would see a shrink it could be the start of more serious mental issues ,At the moment its just a space filler story in a paper nothing more no great conspiracy .

If Strachan leaves Celtic which I think he will at the end of the season then it would be a two horse race between McGhee and Mowbray for that gig.

For that reason alone I can't see McGhee moving before Summer at the earliest.

I reckon we need someone in place, in advance of that.

For a seemingly intelligent guy you do have some pretty major blind spots. :wacko:

I've met him a couple of times,he ain intelligent,he is however a very confused imature person who people he actualy knows quite well can't be arsed with him either.

I've met him a couple of times,he ain intelligent,he is however a very confused imature person who people he actualy knows quite well can't be arsed with him either.

Ooooo get her.

Not to me, it doesn't, even though it's usually the only Scottish paper left in our local newsagent here in Sheffield, by the time I get there. Sunday Ranger, rather than Daily Ranger. Don't touch it or its half-baked OF opinions.

Rant over. I'll get my coat.

Ummmm..... the Mail on Sunday has nothing to do with the Daily Ranger. You're thinking of the Sunday Mail! The Mail on Sunday is the Sunday edition of the Daily Mail.

Victor Meldrew
I too would not have anyone who had connections with Celtic OR Rangers! Rightly or wrongly I think a vast majority of people with these associations actually believe the OF duopoly is impenetrable. I don't believe this and VR certainly doesn't. If a manager goes in and thinks the best we could is 3rd then that is defeatism. I would therefore be amazed that VR would back track and hire an ex-OF player/manager/coach.

Alex MacDonald was a great manager for us. In 1985/86 we went to Ibrox and Parkhead (and everywhere) believing we were the best - we didn't win it, but it wasn't an OF manager settling for third.

The tone of the post to which I was replying suggested not a problem with the Old Firm, merely those connected with one half of it.

I'd take McGhee if he'd come to us

rudi must stay

comes across as a very intelligent guy on tv, ofcourse i haven't had a 2 minute conversation with him like you have so that changes everything :sarcasm:

Apart from this decent spell at Motherwell what has he actually achieved? He does come across well when being interviewed in the media but does that make him a good manager?

The jury is still out for me.

Slightly off thread here but when the announcement was made at the start of last month that a manager was being sought it was blatantly obvious that we wouldn't get one soon. It would follow suite that we would therefore not be signing anybody in the transfer window. Just now it's all temporary.

Management, players, coaching staff and of course the white elephant of the new stand.

If they were serious.

If I am not wrong they used to call that tactic misinformation. Far as can be seen the suday papers trying to fill up space. Until his name ends in SIS or SAS he wont be here .

Archived