'Blood doesn't show on a maroon jersey.'

CBjambo

Seven words which summed up the late Hearts legend John Cumming.

I think this is an absolutely cracking quote and it got me thinking...

Any of you lot out there got any quotes/phrases that have really struck a chord with you?!

If nothing else it might provide a little light hearted relief from what has been a very dark week for the Jambos.

There are very few players in the game today who have that 'brush yourself down and get on with it' attitude. Some of today's players roll about on the turf for 10 minutes after someone tugged their shirt FFS. This is not because the current generation are wimps BTW, look at Rugby, they get on with the game while one of their buddies is getting a leg sewn back on in the background, he then gets up and gets stuck in.

I would love to see 11 players with that attitude wearing maroon shirts, there would be a lot less lying down and a lot more sticking the ball in the pokey that's for sure.

Nelly Terraces

Magnificent quote from the most decorated player in our history.

I'm thinking of getting that on t-shirt with the legendary photo of JC being taken off the pitch in the 56 cup final wi blood streaming from his head, in tribute to the great man.

Magnificent quote from the most decorated player in our history.

I'm thinking of getting that on t-shirt with the legendary photo of JC being taken off the pitch in the 56 cup final wi blood streaming from his head, in tribute to the great man.

I want one.

Any of you lot out there got any quotes/phrases that have really struck a chord with you?!

If nothing else it might provide a little light hearted relief from what has been a very dark week for the Jambos.

Not so much a direct quote but it was what Freddie Glidden said in Tuesdays Evening News. Basically saying that John Cumming was a hard guy on the pitch but away from it you wouldn't wish to meet a nicer gentleman. After training/playing football he'd go home and do the gardening for the OAP's who lived in his town.

Gave quite a strong comparison to today’s overpaid primadonnas and generally today's soceity.

my signature

jim jeffries - if aberdeen were a good side they would have been beating us at half time.

after the scottish cup semi win in 1996

Archived