Cloverfield

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I have now decided that this film is utterly gash, from what I have heard from my friends and also people on here.

Never mind waiting 3 years until it's shown on BBc1 at Christmas.....I think I'll wait 6 years until it's shown at 2am on Virgin1.

It sounds fecking horrendous.

Well I did post a link above so you could see it right now if you really wanted to :D

www.66stage.com

It's listed on the right under the "new films" section of Veoh. Not the centre bit as you need to sign up for that.

EDIT - it's been pulled. Check back though a new one will appear.

If you were to be snide you would be childish and wrong. My "empty life" contains a girl I truly love, and my "limited intelligence" earned me a degree...

Oooooooooooooo, hark at her :laugh:

Bet its a crap degree :biggrin:

I'm hardly dressing it up to say it's nothing more than a rollercoaster ride.

It's "gash" in your opinion. You failed to address any of my points, rather you assumed your opinion as gospel. There are people out there who think Pan's Labyrinth is rubbish.

If you were to be snide you would be childish and wrong. My "empty life" contains a girl I truly love, and my "limited intelligence" earned me a degree...

Seriously?? David Bowie was class in that!

;)

I'm hardly dressing it up to say it's nothing more than a rollercoaster ride.

It's "gash" in your opinion. You failed to address any of my points, rather you assumed your opinion as gospel. There are people out there who think Pan's Labyrinth is rubbish.

Yeah, what of it? :mad:

More flashy eye candy.

my "limited intelligence" earned me a degree...

Not difficult in todays culture is it.

Only joking Thommo, I'm sure you worked very hard copying stuff off the net!! ;)

bush%20laugh.jpg

I'll give you that one for free. That post read a lot less up my own arse after 6 pints, I can assure you...:laugh:

My point was, of course, that just because someone enjoys something doesn't make them thick.

Unless that something is a Farrelly Brothers film.

Fact.

:)

Yeah, what of it? :mad:

More flashy eye candy.

You have undoubtedly the most bizarre taste in films I have ever seen.

What exactly DO you like?

bush%20laugh.jpg

I'll give you that one for free. That post read a lot less up my own arse after 6 pints, I can assure you...:laugh:

My point was, of course, that just because someone enjoys something doesn't make them thick.

Unless that something is a Farrelly Brothers film.

Fact.

:)

Dude the Farrellys rock.

:laugh:

You have undoubtedly the most bizarre taste in films I have ever seen.

What exactly DO you like?

Lot's of stuff :)

I explained it on another thread.

I tend to like stuff that is more subtle and concentrates on the plot/characters, I get easily put off by stuff that is too flashy/graphic. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang was a reccent exception because I liked the fact the writer/director never took it seriously and gave the film quite a casual feel.

Lot's of stuff :)

I explained it on another thread.

I tend to like stuff that is more subtle and concentrates on the plot/characters, I get easily put off by stuff that is too flashy/graphic. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang was a reccent exception because I liked the fact the writer/director never took it seriously and gave the film quite a casual feel.

I liked Kiss Kiss Bang Bang as well. A nice, fresh twist on film noir. I do find it really strange you don't like Pan's Labyrinth. You've made mention elsewhere of European directors leaving Americans behind, and Guillermo Del Toro - although he has dabbled in Hollywood - is one of Europe's most significant auteurs. Pan's Labyrinth was magnificent, because it had vivid, yet realistic characters, worked on several levels, had a well-made moral point, and the plot made a natural progression through its characters.

And yeah, it looked stunning too. I don't see that as a drawback.

What would be your top 5 films of last year?

I liked Kiss Kiss Bang Bang as well. A nice, fresh twist on film noir. I do find it really strange you don't like Pan's Labyrinth. You've made mention elsewhere of European directors leaving Americans behind, and Guillermo Del Toro - although he has dabbled in Hollywood - is one of Europe's most significant auteurs. Pan's Labyrinth was magnificent, because it had vivid, yet realistic characters, worked on several levels, had a well-made moral point, and the plot made a natural progression through its characters.

And yeah, it looked stunning too. I don't see that as a drawback.

What would be your top 5 films of last year?

Even though he is Mexican? ;)

If you are blown away by Pan's Lab I reccomend the films of Julio Medem, a far superior artist.

I dunno what would be in my top 5 of last year, I tend to see films quite a bit later than their original release, the only one that sticks out is the Bourne Ultimatum.

Saw it last night and thought it was absolutely amazing. I loved the way it was filmed and I never felt sick throughout the movie. I felt as if I was part of the disaster. Had a real feeling of the Lost series. I was watching through my fingers at parts. So glad I never read too much about it before I went. Definitely one to see at the cinema.

Missed the satellite entering the sea off Coney Island but read about it later. No doubt there will be more films in the series. Something tells me we are going to find out more of the background otherwise how were the army so prepared? Anyone who watches Lost will appreciate it.

At the end of the movie the cinema was so quiet. Not a word was spoken.

Took me back to older Carpenter movies when the bad guy was always hidden until the end and that feeling of 'it's behind you'.

Waited a long time to see it and certainly wasn't disappointed. None of my kids were disappointed either.

You obviously weren't watching properly.

There was full back nudity right at the start.

Eek!

Surely not Robbie "the tackle" Neilson?:eek:

Even though he is Mexican? ;)

If you are blown away by Pan's Lab I reccomend the films of Julio Medem, a far superior artist.

I dunno what would be in my top 5 of last year, I tend to see films quite a bit later than their original release, the only one that sticks out is the Bourne Ultimatum.

:laugh:

I'm a [filter edit]. I knew he was Mexican, which makes it worse...just a pure verbal diahorrea moment. :confused:

I think, though (in a completely non-backtracking way of course), that some of the Mexican directors around just now are very much European in style - Cuaron and Inarritu, for instance. Del Toro does make big Hollywood pictures, but he balances it nicely with more personal work like Cronos.

Only Medem film I have seen is Sex And Lucia, and I did enjoy it. I will check out more - wanted to see Chaotic Ana last year, but it went out the cinema before I'd had the chance.

You're telling me Dumb and Dumber didn't even flicker in your temple of comedy?

:D

It's the least disgusting of their films, but disgusting nonetheless.

They physically anger me.

Archived